Bears Officially Select Caleb Williams at 1.1

Sugashane

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

Oh, it's a far trade-off for sure. That doesn't make it less weird though.

It’s no more weird than Culpepper doing the arm roll thing or Rodgers with the discount double check IMO. None of it matters as long as he plays well.

2 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

He's kinda reminding me of Russell Wilson a bit. Cmon man,  punch a waiter or something.  

The difference between he and Russ IMO is that with Russ everything about him seems fake and like he’s all about Russ. With Williams it just seems like he’s a bit of a goober - he seems to be all about building with his teammates. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

It’s no more weird than Culpepper doing the arm roll thing or Rodgers with the discount double check IMO. None of it matters as long as he plays well.

True. He's a bit weird but most of the generation is to me, so it's probably just how it is now. I'm sure we were weirdos to our parents too.

I still think his dad is going to be an asshat but we will see. Idgaf as long as he plays well and wins a lot of games.

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

The difference between he and Russ IMO is that with Russ everything about him seems fake and like he’s all about Russ. With Williams it just seems like he’s a bit of a goober - he seems to be all about building with his teammates. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQVjbpMC9V3VPALbgMGqY

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

None of it matters as long as he plays WELL 

Russ IMO is that with Russ everything about him seems fake and like he’s all about Russ. With Williams it just seems like he’s a bit of a goober - he seems to be all about building with his teammates. 

You are probably fairly accurate about Russ.

..and Caleb has a similar sociopathic ha HA approach HA ha  ,but Caleb is far more physically gifted and TALeNTED  

more like Kobe or Aaron RoDgers 

lets pray he is Michael Jordan Mahomes  

RIP-Mambamentality 💕 💕💕❤️ 

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

True. He's a bit weird but most of the generation is to me, so it's probably just how it is now. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQVjbpMC9V3VPALbgMGqY

'most of the GeNERATION' @Sugashane is officially OLDd  AF

may I hv 2 drugs please  😂 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

You are probably fairly accurate about Russ.

..and Caleb has a similar sociopathic ha HA approach HA ha  ,but Caleb is far more physically gifted and TALeNTED  

more like Kobe or Aaron RoDgers 

lets pray he is Michael Jordan Mahomes  

RIP-Mambamentality 💕 💕💕❤️ 

Caleb seems obsessed with succeeding to me. That’s the Jordan/Kobe stuff (not saying he’ll be that level of player - just the mindset). Russ seems obsessed with the fame that comes with success. Sometimes they look similar, but they’re not the same.

It’s a different generation though. Williams has been rich and famous for years already. Russ was comparatively a relative nobody QB in college with no major accolades in a pre-NIL era. Coming into the NFL, how he would handle fame and fortune was an unknown. Russ responded to fame by leaving his high school sweetheart / first wife to marry a pop star once he found NFL success. It’s TBD what Williams will do. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Caleb seems obsessed with succeeding to me.

I know I made a comment about "the claw" but I absolutely love this about him. You hear this type of stuff all the time about people being "first on the field and last to leave" but in this case, his obsession seems to be genuine. That, along with his skillset, has me hopeful for the future of the franchise. 

• Like 1

It is interesting to me that Caleb and I have very similar body types (me with a lot less muscle due to lack of working out these days and being old and you know not being a world class athlete).

I weigh 220 and am 6’1.  He is 6’1 and about 210.  At same age I was around 210 or so if memory serves. 

He is naturally thicker than me all the way around, a bit in upper body, but much more noticeably in legs. He has big legs.  

My point isn’t anything me, i am using it as a reference that I  think Caleb will be going past a 220 playing weight as he gets his grown man thickness in next 4-5 years.  A gradual increase.

Larger point is I think that added muscle and weight will make his crazy throws that he already makes look easy that much easier.  I could throw a football way farther and easier in my mid 20s than I could when I was younger.