24 Draft: Eagles Select - 01.22 CB Quinyon Mitchell

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Mitchell was my CB3 and I’m still stoked we took him. 

I can’t believe Howie finally did it. 

Was 1 and 2 Arnold and Wiggins?

I do love that Mitchell is towards the top in total athleticism 

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

It isn't finally doing it.

Hurts - Rd 2
Mailata - Rd 7
Dickerson - Rd 2
Jurgens - Rd 2
Steen - Rd 3
Johnson - Rd 1

Meanwhile, the rest of the league took six QB's and six OL's ahead of the Eagles' pick.
That's an average of a low 2/high 3.
Even if you attribute Mailata to luck, they spent an average of five second round picks to fill five positions that 12 other teams felt the need on which to burn a 1.
That made all of this possible.

3 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

It isn't finally doing it.

Hurts - Rd 2
Mailata - Rd 7
Dickerson - Rd 2
Jurgens - Rd 2
Steen - Rd 3
Johnson - Rd 1

Meanwhile, the rest of the league took six QB's and six OL's ahead of the Eagles' pick.
That's an average of a low 2/high 3.
Even if you attribute Mailata to luck, they spent an average of five second round picks to fill five positions that 12 other teams felt the need on which to burn a 1.
That made all of this possible.

I meant just taking a CB in the first round. 

33 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Don’t sleep on jobe, eagles love him and he’s their best special teams player

I’m pretty happy with a Mitchell and ringo outside though

The room is too deep, I'm 95% certain he'll be a PS player, maybe he'll get picked off by another team.

15 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Quinyon is easily CB1

Squats 555, ran a 4.33, ultra sticky in coverage, 0 pass interferance penalties last season.

Wiggins is athletic, but his weight and medicals are concerning, definitely doesn't have the strength of Quinyon. 

• Like 2

Just now, Danger said:

Quinyon is easily CB1

Squats 555, ran a 4.33, ultra sticky in coverage, 0 pass interferance penalties last season.

Wiggins is athletic, but his weight and medicals are concerning, definitely doesn't have the strength of Quinyon. 

Wiggins can't squat to poo.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Quinyon is easily CB1

Quinyon is an exciting athlete and prospect

i would’ve felt more comfortable with terrion though

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Quinyon is easily CB1

Easily #1 is subjective but I agree with the reasons you listed which is why I had Arnold as CB1. 

No matter what I’m still stoked with Quinyon!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Quinyon is easily CB1

I definitely preferred Terrion, but I think Quinyon's ceiling is absurdly high if he does put it all together.

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I definitely preferred Terrion, but I think Quinyon's ceiling is absurdly high if he does put it all together.

I will say

quinyon is the guy you want with fangio and Christian Parker handling his development

i feel confident he’ll realize a lot of his potential with this new staff

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah, Terrion you go to bed easy knowing one of your top two spots is in good hands. Quinyon isn’t too far off from that, but a little bit more projection. Bonus is the additional ceiling is there for him to be your clear top corner and in discussion throughout the league for that too if he hits it.

Woulda been ecstatic for either, fun to have the extra ceiling and athleticism to monitor in camp and his first few years.