2024 - Let Kwesi Cook! (The 2024 Draft)

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Reichard, as are most kickers, is known for his cool demeanor. It shows in interviews, as he shows little emotion. Even when he's talking about how excited he is. He comes off as sort of... dull, lol 

He looks like a psychopath. I say that in the nicest way possible. you kinda need that attitude to succeed as a kicker. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

He looks like a psychopath. I say that in the nicest way possible. you kinda need that attitude to succeed as a kicker. 

Does he need to be more masculine?  🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

Perhaps we have the beginning of a new nickname...

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

yes, but it will be a sad reality if he misses all of them.

????

I think patience is a big word with rookie kickers. A lot of the times, the original team that drafted them, cut the cord too soon and they go on and have success with their second team.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I think patience is a big word with rookie kickers. A lot of the times, the original team that drafted them, cut the cord too soon and they go on and have success with their second team.

Well, the current coach has far more patience than the last one. 

• Like 2

This is the perfect year to bring in a young kicker to be patient with, as there are multiple other players that will require patience. 

Expectations for this team aren’t to make a deep playoff, possible Super Bowl run, as the 2018 team was when they drafted Carlson. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

https://x.com/thorku/status/1793107624801849409?t=ufTZRXyIE7G2xenFvgiCcg&s=19

Just a small cut-up of the trade with the Jets, but Kwesi was a bit nervous that McCarthy was going to go earlier than #10!

I mean, of course, you have to sweat it a bit. The Giants were the big team at 1.6, but the other spots could still have other teams trading up. His intuition was correct in the end, that the Giants were bluffing.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Even the Jags GM knew he was cookin!

Well if Baalke liked it, that gives me pause...

Not really. The fact that Baalke passed on Turner makes me feel better about it.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Well if Baalke liked it, that gives me pause...

Not really. The fact that Baalke passed on Turner makes me feel better about it.

they just gave Josh Allen the bag, and still have #1 overall pick on the other side. They weren't in the market for an edge guy anyways.

• Like 3

That clip also suggests that someone from round 2 was trying to trade up with Jacksonville, and offering a more “valuable” package than what the Vikings offered. 

Food for thought for the people that say the Vikings overpaid. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That clip also suggests that someone from round 2 was trying to trade up with Jacksonville, and offering a more “valuable” package than what the Vikings offered. 

Food for thought for the people that say the Vikings overpaid. 

and even Balke said, in the life of GM decision making: "You can't win every trade, it isn't always about the points, do you want the player or not?"

Since I grew up in the Cities, I really don't pronounce a lot of words like this (and especially now that I've been away for so long), but every now and then the accent does come back a little as people will ask me where I'm from because of it.

• Like 2