Paul Guenther 2018 Defensive coordinator ?

Dashing202

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Is there any way we could add Gunther but keep manusky as coordinator! Like Paul be assistant HC and defensive assistant in some capacity? I know he might have offers elsewhere which means we won’t add him but I was just curious.

Sure, we could do that. That’s a good idea.

There's no way Jay gets to fire another D.C. Lol. He had his chance to get one of the greatest 3-4 coaches of all time and decided to use the interview to insult him. If he needs another D.C. then we need another staff altogether. His rope is getting shorter and shorter. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

There's no way Jay gets to fire another D.C. Lol. He had his chance to get one of the greatest 3-4 coaches of all time and decided to use the interview to insult him. If he needs another D.C. then we need another staff altogether. His rope is getting shorter and shorter. 

I think he gets 1 more year to be over .500. If we aren’t over .500 again next year then he’ll be gone. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What kills me is we never even got jim Schwartz to come in for an interview at all.

On 12/20/2017 at 11:51 PM, Dashing202 said:

What kills me is we never even got jim Schwartz to come in for an interview at all.

1. Jim Schwartz is a jerk, I don’t even want him as our HC.

2. Schwartz  was smart. He didn’t want to coach under Dan Snyder.

54 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Is it possible to have a head coach and "2" assistant head coaches? We currently have Bill Callahan as our Assistant HC.

See I couldn’t remember if Callahan had that title or not. I really would like Gunther on this defensive staff somehow. I think he is a quality coach is like to find a way to add him. His knowledge can only help

3 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Ctfu why would you care if he's a jerk ? He's a good DC and that's all I would want him for 

If a coach is a jerk he wears out his welcome Quick with players, a front office and then coaches he coaches with. I’ll be shocked if Manusky is gone after one season, even Barry got two years and Barry didn’t have to deal with injuries to 6 of his best defensive players and neither has Schwartz.

I don’t understand why it’s lost on people that our 6 best players on defense have been injured at some point during the season and three of them are now on IR with two of them going on IR in October.

I haven't seen anything from Manusky that shows he's anything other than a good position coach.

The players seem well prepped. The defense usually comes out well at the start of the game, implying that they have a game plan that has been developed during the week.

However, at some point the opposing team seems to make an adjustment and there is no corresponding move by Manusky. Coverages are the same. Rush packages the same. No adjustments.

15 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Is it possible to have a head coach and "2" assistant head coaches? We currently have Bill Callahan as our Assistant HC.

I thought Gibbs did. He had GW as Assistant HC - Defense and Al Saunders was Assistant-HC Offense or maybe it was Bugle

5 hours ago, Slateman said:

I haven't seen anything from Manusky that shows he's anything other than a good position coach.

The players seem well prepped. The defense usually comes out well at the start of the game, implying that they have a game plan that has been developed during the week.

However, at some point the opposing team seems to make an adjustment and there is no corresponding move by Manusky. Coverages are the same. Rush packages the same. No adjustments.

Well except for when the defense was healthy to start the season and vs Seattle and Arizona right? 

I actually see him do a lot of different things, he dose all kinds of blitzes but I agree I wish he’d do some more safety and corner blitzes. I also wish we’d put our 3 best pass rushers on the field together on 3rd & Long (Kerrigan, Galette & Smith) 

Ok let's stop talking about health here ... Foster isn't amazing everett sucks and Nicholson had one good game and never shown flashes ever since unless I'm missing something ??‍♂️ Our corners been healthy almost all season minus Norman and Everyone else on the D been healthy other than Allen and Phil Taylor .

manusky has had a good amount of players if NT really mattered to him he would of voiced to gruden and Allen about it , these guys aren't stupid as much as we would like to say they are but obviously they don't see NT as an important position .

that being said no excuses for Manusky and the cardinals O is awful probably the worst we played all year . 

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well except for when the defense was healthy to start the season and vs Seattle and Arizona right? 

I actually see him do a lot of different things, he dose all kinds of blitzes but I agree I wish he’d do some more safety and corner blitzes. I also wish we’d put our 3 best pass rushers on the field together on 3rd & Long (Kerrigan, Galette & Smith) 

That doesn't make him a good DC because of 2 games 

that can be said with Jim Haslett and Barry they both had a good game atleast once but there fired and Manusky although he's an upgrade is next .

arizona game doesn't mean anything before that we where allowing 30 ppg , Manusky plays to soft at times and Jim Schwartz  is the opposite he will blitz u all day and will play tight .. if we had him our D would be outstanding but we play as if our D has no talented players at all 

Archived