2024 NFL Draft- Day 2

1 minute ago, detfan782004 said:

They are only renting Davis now. No way they extend him imo. 

It gives them flexibility either way. Neither Arnold or Rakestraw have stepped foot on the field yet. Arnold fills the spot vacated by Sutton. Rakestraw should challenge Moseley for significant snaps in the rotation. When the Lions renovate a position group they practically strip it to the studs and build back up. 

Davis, Arnold, Rakestraw, Robertson > all new

Moseley, Vildor, Dorsey, Gilmore >> No significant snaps/back up other than Vildor (out of necessity)

50% of the guys in that room are new with 100% of the starting jobs being new guys. 

Just now, Karnage84 said:

It gives them flexibility either way. Neither Arnold or Rakestraw have stepped foot on the field yet. Arnold fills the spot vacated by Sutton. Rakestraw should challenge Moseley for significant snaps in the rotation. When the Lions renovate a position group they practically strip it to the studs and build back up. 

Davis, Arnold, Rakestraw, Robertson > all new

Moseley, Vildor, Dorsey, Gilmore >> No significant snaps/back up other than Vildor (out of necessity)

50% of the guys in that room are new with 100% of the starting jobs being new guys. 

I can see Rake playing on ST with new KR rules. His burst speed is good. 

22 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Arizona having a heck of a draft 

I was actually just thinking that. If Kyler can slow down on the DLC they might have a chance to compete in that division. It's a tough one though. 

I feel like Holmes is going to trade up and we'll wind up with a maximum of 4-5 picks, probably utilizing one of next year's 4ths (and maybe even a 3rd). 

The roster doesn't have a ton of holes and Holmes has beat that down by doubling up on CBs. Theyre saying that it's a record number for underclassmen not declaring, so the overall talent level is thought to be much more shallow. If you can utilize that later round picks to move up for guys pushed down from the QB/offensive player run, you're not losing out on much. 

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I feel like Holmes is going to trade up and we'll wind up with a maximum of 4-5 picks, probably utilizing one of next year's 4ths (and maybe even a 3rd). 

The roster doesn't have a ton of holes and Holmes has beat that down by doubling up on CBs. Theyre saying that it's a record number for underclassmen not declaring, so the overall talent level is thought to be much more shallow. If you can utilize that later round picks to move up for guys pushed down from the QB/offensive player run, you're not losing out on much. 

Arizona has couple picks coming up. They don't need them all this year. I could see them moving one for future pick 

I'd trade up to pick 90 with Arizona. They've got a ton of picks already. There's a prior trading relationship. 

Looking at BRs Big Board, Christian Haynes, Brandon Dorlus and Mahogany are on the tail end of the next 10 picks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I'd trade up to pick 90 with Arizona. They've got a ton of picks already. There's a prior trading relationship. 

Looking at BRs Big Board, Christian Haynes, Brandon Dorlus and Mahogany are on the tail end of the next 10 picks. 

Haynes off the board.