2024 NFL Draft- Day 2

My list:  in order

CB- Koolaide- Yes he is still on my list.  Talent is talent

WR- A. Mitchell

CB- DeJean (think he is more safety but good value)

Edge- Braswell

S- Bullard

C- Frazier

IOL- Beebe

Edge- Kneeland

WR- Coleman

CB- Lassiter

DT- Fiske

Yes if a top CB fell I would take another.

My prediction for today is that the Lions will either trade up for someone like Newton, Kneeland, Koolaide, JPJ, Frazier, or Dejean or they will trade down and add some extra picks in the 3rd/4th. I dont think they will pick at 61 today.  

I am sort of hoping its the later with something like 61 (292) to someone like Atlanta for 79, 109, and 187 (288) and come away with something like 79 - Brandon Dorlus, 109 - Beux Limmer, 164 - Jalen Coker, 187 - Dwight McGlothern/Stiggers, 201 - Eric Watts, 205 - Garrett Greenfield, 246 - one of the kickers.  

As for a trade up, the rest of our draft picks would get us up 5 spots based on the TVC so we likely will be sending a future 3/4 with 61 to move up.  Maybe more if moving into the early 2nd. 

• Like 2

My big board would likely be:

Koolaid Mckinstry
Jer'zhan Newton
Jackson Powers Johnson
Zach Frazier
Cooper Dejean
Ladd Mckonkey
Tyler Nubin
Braden Fiske
Marshawn Kneeland
Mike Sainstril
Malachai Corley
AD Mitchell
Kamari Lassiter
Cooper Beebe
Kiran Amegadjie
Brandon Dorlus
Michael Hall Jr.
Bralen Trice
Christian Haynes
Roman Wilson
Keon Coleman
Troy Franklin
Max Melton

If we come away with any of them I will be happy.  But guessing we draft someone like Ruke or Kris Jenkins who I would be ok with but not love. 

7 minutes ago, Miblue said:

Stay @61 and take Roman Wilson or trade up for Ja’lynn Polk/Keon Coleman.

There is a lot of talent at WR left with McKonkey, Franklin, AD Mitchell, Wilson, Polk, Coleman, Corley, Tez Walker etc.  I wouldn't be shocked if we target a WR with this pick or if they fly off the board, some solid defense should fall to us again. 

32 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

My prediction for today is that the Lions will either trade up for someone like Newton, Kneeland, Koolaide, JPJ, Frazier, or Dejean or they will trade down and add some extra picks in the 3rd/4th. I dont think they will pick at 61 today.  

I am sort of hoping its the later with something like 61 (292) to someone like Atlanta for 79, 109, and 187 (288) and come away with something like 79 - Brandon Dorlus, 109 - Beux Limmer, 164 - Jalen Coker, 187 - Dwight McGlothern/Stiggers, 201 - Eric Watts, 205 - Garrett Greenfield, 246 - one of the kickers.  

As for a trade up, the rest of our draft picks would get us up 5 spots based on the TVC so we likely will be sending a future 3/4 with 61 to move up.  Maybe more if moving into the early 2nd. 

I don't like trading future picks. Hope we avoid that. 

I projected a trade with the Cardinals in my final mock;  The Lions move back to 66 and receive pick #90.  If the rest of the draft looked something like this we would be in pretty good shape:

66--OT/OG Kiran Amedgadjie

90--EDGE Jalyx Hunt 

164--WR Malik Washington

201--CB/Safety Willie Drew

205--OC/OG Jacob Monk

249--PK Cam Little

12 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I projected a trade with the Cardinals in my final mock;  The Lions move back to 66 and receive pick #90.  If the rest of the draft looked something like this we would be in pretty good shape:

66--OT/OG Kiran Amedgadjie

90--EDGE Jalyx Hunt 

164--WR Malik Washington

201--CB/Safety Willie Drew

205--OC/OG Jacob Monk

249--PK Cam Little

That would be more than what we gave to move up in the first round.  Its a later 3rd but its still 100 points high on the TVC and doubt anyone would give up a 3rd to move up 5 spots in the end of the 2nd.  66 and 138 is more likely.  

16 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That would be more than what we gave to move up in the first round.  Its a later 3rd but its still 100 points high on the TVC and doubt anyone would give up a 3rd to move up 5 spots in the end of the 2nd.  66 and 138 is more likely.  

If Arizona makes this trade it is because even after making the trade, they will have two picks in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds.  Their decision is to sacrifice one of their draft picks to get the impact player they think they want/need.  

22 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I guess my top 3 are Jer’Zhan Newton, Zach Frazier or Bralen Trice. Adding KoolAid would be a move as well if he drops. I wouldn’t mind a WR, but agree with detfan that we need a big bodied outside WR. 

A big-bodied WR would be helpful.  However, with the new kick-of rules that have been implemented for 2024 the value of a kickoff returner has gotten higher.  Dan Campbell and Dave Fipp would probably love to be able to threaten opposing teams with an explosive kickoff returner even if they are under-sized.  WR Malik Washington is a top return-man but checks in at 5'8" and 195 Lbs.  

1 minute ago, Just Want A Title said:

A big-bodied WR would be helpful.  However, with the new kick-of rules that have been implemented for 2024 the value of a kickoff returner has gotten higher.  Dan Campbell and Dave Fipp would probably love to be able to threaten opposing teams with an explosive kickoff returner even if they are under-sized.  WR Malik Washington is a top return-man but checks in at 5'8" and 195 Lbs.  

someone like Isaac Guerendo would be ideal for that aspect of return game