2024 NFL Draft- Day 2

9 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I also like the players Vikings got but not giving up all those picks for them. Folks are mad we gave up a 3rd for Terrion Arnold 😂

I'm not thrilled about pick 73 being lost but when you see everything the Vikings gave up, it brings a smile to my face. 

I personally don't think Caleb is going to be what he's expected to be. I'm expecting Kyler 2.0. A talented QB that is going to under-deliver. The Bears have built a better foundation around him than they did with Fields. I still see Caleb rubbing some of his teammates the wrong way (a la Russ). Rome is a concern as he's a talented WR. 

McCarthy could arguably be a better QB than he's been given credit for. The Vikings had Kirk Cousins, who is arguably a much better QB, and they still couldn't do a ton with it. Dallas Turner is a good player but obviously there's enough questions about his medicals to make him drop. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm not thrilled about pick 73 being lost but when you see everything the Vikings gave up, it brings a smile to my face. 

I personally don't think Caleb is going to be what he's expected to be. I'm expecting Kyler 2.0. A talented QB that is going to under-deliver. The Bears have built a better foundation around him than they did with Fields. I still see Caleb rubbing some of his teammates the wrong way (a la Russ). Rome is a concern as he's a talented WR. 

McCarthy could arguably be a better QB than he's been given credit for. The Vikings had Kirk Cousins, who is arguably a much better QB, and they still couldn't do a ton with it. Dallas Turner is a good player but obviously there's enough questions about his medicals to make him drop. 

McCarthy ceiling is higher than Kirk. 

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

I also like the players Vikings got but not giving up all those picks for them. Folks are mad we gave up a 3rd for Terrion Arnold 😂

Maybe folks who are mad about giving up a 3rd round pick to get Terrion Arnold should remember how many opposing WRs had 125 yards or more in the last half of 2023 season.  Lol

Edited by Just Want A Title
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Dallas Turner fell due to some medical concerns.  Something to consider.

Dallas Turner's NFL Draft fall, explained: Why Alabama edge rusher dropped to Vikings at pick No. 17 (msn.com)

Not buying it.  All the defensive players dropped.  Charlie Campbell also isn’t a real source.  He went 2 spots after Latu who most evaluators considered the better pass rusher and has medical concerns. Verse went 2 spots later and Chop 2 after that. 

20 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Not buying it.  All the defensive players dropped.  Charlie Campbell also isn’t a real source.  He went 2 spots after Latu who most evaluators considered the better pass rusher and has medical concerns. Verse went 2 spots later and Chop 2 after that. 

Believe it or not, the folks over at Walter Football are pretty good at getting information like that.

I think our biggest 'needs' at this point are IOL and WR. Maybe EDGE.

I'd like to trade back if possible, but if AD Mitchell or Kneeland is available when we pick again I can't see us passing. I'm not sure about Coleman. He's got a big body but isn't a typical "big bodied receiver" type. He seems pretty limited to slants with some YAC. That's great but I don't know if it's exactly what we need.

• Like 1

Welp gonna miss this draft day 2. We had EF4 if not EF5 hit our town here. We were graced with luck and it missed us and headed down river. However 30-40 homes gone and mass casualties here in Elkhorn. Sad as heck 

Was sitting in basement as house shook and lost power thinking holy heck this is the end.

Crazy to think about draft at this time but really hope they continue to have success drafting in Detroit tonight 

5 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Welp gonna miss this draft day 2. We had EF4 if not EF5 hit our town here. We were graced with luck and it missed us and headed down river. However 30-40 homes gone and mass casualties here in Elkhorn. Sad as heck 

Was sitting in basement as house shook and lost power thinking holy heck this is the end.

Crazy to think about draft at this time but really hope they continue to have success drafting in Detroit tonight 

Be safe. 😢

10 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Sorry to hear you were in the middle of something like that.  I hope you, your family and community are safe.

14 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Dude be safe and hope your damage is minimal.