2024 NFL Draft- Day 2

The Rakestraw pick is interesting to me because that doesn't seem to be how Brad works. He loves to move around to get the player he wants. He may sit tight if the resources required are too great to move up. I just can't imagine that if Rakestraw was their guy that Brad thought there was any chance he would fall to them with several lower rated CBs going before him.

I have to think that there was another player they were targeting in the general vicinity if their pick but the plans changed when Rakestraw fell. It kind of has the feel of "we have other needs to address but we can't let this opportunity pass so we'll take him and figure the rest out later." I kind of wonder if they were thinking OL until Rakestraw showed up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, idoubtit said:

The Rakestraw pick is interesting to me because that doesn't seem to be how Brad works. He loves to move around to get the player he wants. He may sit tight if the resources required are too great to move up. I just can't imagine that if Rakestraw was their guy that Brad thought there was any chance he would fall to them with several lower rated CBs going before him.

I have to think that there was another player they were targeting in the general vicinity if their pick but the plans changed when Rakestraw fell. It kind of has the feel of "we have other needs to address but we can't let this opportunity pass so we'll take him and figure the rest out later." I kind of wonder if they were thinking OL until Rakestraw showed up.

Our pass defense hasn't recovered from the previous regime's decisions to ship out Darius Slay and Quandre Diggs.  I wasn't necessarily a fan of the Carlton Davis trade but given the loss of Cam Sutton, we had to add a legit starting veteran CB going into the draft.  We are going to head into training camp with Calton Davis, Brian Branch, Terrion Arnold, Amik Roberston, Ennis Rakestraw Jr, Kindle Vildore and Steven Gilmore.  That seems like a good mix of solid veterans and young ascending talent that we haven't had in a long time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, idoubtit said:

So Brad said that they had two guys and the other guy was taken. 

• Mike Sainristil
  • Michael Hall
  • Marshawn Kneeland

The Lions met with all of these guys who were selected prior to their pick of Rakestraw. I'm curious on who that 'other' guy was. Something tells me it was Sainristil but allegedly (according to Brad), Rakestraw was his CB2.