R-3: Pick 73

textaz03

Cooper Beebe is a really, really good player. Unanimous All-American. Was at OL Masterminds up in Frisco last summer, before his college career was even done.

Mainly just curious what this means. Can he play center, or is he the new LG & Tyler Smith kicks to LT?

https://x.com/davidhelman_/status/1784039747331203365?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

interesting take.

Smith — Beebe — Hoffman — Martin — Guyton 

🤔🤔

Well, I did say that "IF" this team is eyeing the 25-26 season as a rebuild, they should use this draft to stock the trenches. So far, that is EXACTLY what has happened.

With a plethora of picks in next year's draft via FA losses, and a rejuvenated young Oline and D line, all they need is a solid new QB, possibly Lance, and some blue collar, take your lunch pale to work-type players, and a decent running game, and this team has the makings of a 3 to 5 year contender.

My favorite pick so far 

His biggest weakness is strength, footwork and lateral movement overall 

At center. Those traits are well hidden. Leaving his stronger traits - quick jump off the snap, quickness to the second level, finishing blocks fully, and tenacious when beaten - are keys to being good at center.

He absolutely could start at center now and shine because his jump from the snap is top 5 in the draft. And in time. Getting stronger, working on his footwork. Building that lateral smoothness in pass protection. Will allow him to compete at RG when Martin retires 

This is a good pick. A smart pick. I'm happy 

New Cowboys interior O-lineman Cooper Beebe said the team playing him at center is "definitely something we've talked about. ...Whatever they need me to do, I'm going to do." Discussed it with him before draft. Has trained with Duke Manyweather at it this offseason.

https://x.com/gehlkennfl/status/1784043681537798535?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg