R-3: Pick 73

textaz03

16 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Coope Beebe is my iOL3.

Flawless technique. Great hand placement and can pull. Nasty demeanor, will punish you.

Not consistent in pass protection. Feet aren't sticky. His bend has gotten worse over time.

Starting upside for the #Cowboys 

#HallamAnalysis

https://x.com/shanephallam/status/1784039515574739043?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

IOL3 over who? Barton, JPJ or Frazier? Haha

7 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Probably my favorite pick. The short arms could be a problem, but he’s nasty

Kids a player.  Baldinger just posted a video of Beebe dominating against Texas.  He felt Beebe was the best guard in the draft.  

11 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Probably my favorite pick. The short arms could be a problem, but he’s nasty

At center short arms don't matter because it's so unlikely you have a chance for full extension after getting the snap off.  What matters more is getting into stance and position quickly enough to engage or anchor. And these are his best traits. He can be a pro bowl level center early on if he gets strong enough quickly enough to beat out Bass and Hoffman 

And guard the shirt arms could be a problem. But if he makes up for it by improving his footwork and lateral movement. Adding muscle. And getting some.vetersn knowhow. In a few years when Martin hangs them up, Beebe could compete to move to guard. But at that point you may not want to because he will have been so good at center.

I think even as he is now, he is at or just below where Biadasz was a player. All hes really lacking is the veteran decisions on protection.

11 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Longer arms than Linderbaum.

I love Beebe. I will not be surprised at all if he outright the best player from our draft class.

My thoughts exactly. Outright I didn't really rank Beebe very high figuring most would view him as a true guard and expect him to become some sort of anchor on the line. But as a center, on a line where he doesn't have to be the anchor but rather just play key second fiddle to Tyler and Martin in both sides of him ...he is going to truly shine ..

But honestly I thought Bass could shine there too. I'd be interested to see how it shakes out in camp. And both being able to play guard in a pinch gives us a ton of flexibility with GameDay rosters

11 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

My favorite pick so far 

His biggest weakness is strength, footwork and lateral movement overall 

At center. Those traits are well hidden. Leaving his stronger traits - quick jump off the snap, quickness to the second level, finishing blocks fully, and tenacious when beaten - are keys to being good at center.

He absolutely could start at center now and shine because his jump from the snap is top 5 in the draft. And in time. Getting stronger, working on his footwork. Building that lateral smoothness in pass protection. Will allow him to compete at RG when Martin retires 

This is a good pick. A smart pick. I'm happy 

From all the draft experts I’ve seen they say Beebee is strong and won’t get pushed back in pass protection . I’m assuming of course he’s going to play center.

11 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Longer arms than Linderbaum.

I love Beebe. I will not be surprised at all if he outright the best player from our draft class.

I really like Guyton but Beebe is my favorite pick.  Just a physical talented player.  If he can play center even better.

So right now our OL depth chart is looking like...

LT : Guyton - Edoga

LG : Smith - Bass - Richards

C Beebe - Hoffman

RG : Martin - Ball

RT : Steele - Waletzko

Not bad. That's 11 guys who could probably make the average NFL roster. We might be the rare team that can actually trade away from the position come training camp cuts, whereas most teams are dying for OL depth at that stage.

Edited by matt79511