The Bears-Offense

4 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

Regardless, I like what we have in CW.  He WILL be a star with a better OL.

2025 Draft

R1. OL 

R2a OL

R2b OL

I'm not saying you do, but just hypothetically if you had a time machine and could send a robot covered in human skin back to the year 2024,  find Ryan Poles, say "Come with me if you want to have a competent OL and a QB that makes the season" and then just give him a bunch of C scouting reports.  Like, that would be nice.  

Edited by BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW
DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN

29 minutes ago, BeaReylo said:

Pat said it best, "Ryan stop drafting linemen who play like you.  You were the good that's why you're the GM and still not playing."

Do you really think this is a good burn/accurate assessment?

The Online is currently an issue, but nearly no OLs are made up of Top 50 picks and high priced FAs. You have to have the other guys who can play their part in the system, and more importantly the system has to be educated correctly.

Shelton is getting beat up, he’s gotta be better or be replaced. Feels like Bates was the plan, but has been held back by nagging injuries. Unfortunately he’s out another few weeks before he’s allowed to be back if he’s even ready. But you can no longer run Nate Davis out there. He is a complete liability right now.

But as AZ pointed out before, these guys have talent. They have played well before in their careers. So something else is a problem as well. Is it fit? Doesn’t seem likely, since most of them have played decent in similar scenes? That leaves either they are just completely washed (seems unlikely that quickly) or a coaching issue. Feels like that is just as much an issue as anything else right now.

That’s the execution along the OL, but also the plays being called. Why aren’t we moving the pocket at all? Why aren’t we running more? Swift has good runs when you get him toward the edges, but then we try up the middle and he immediately runs into his OL that is pushed into the backfield for negative runs. 

There are issues that need fixing, but unsurprisingly most of you have decided the sky is falling already 

21 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Do you really think this is a good burn/accurate assessment?

The Online is currently an issue, but nearly no OLs are made up of Top 50 picks and high priced FAs. You have to have the other guys who can play their part in the system, and more importantly the system has to be educated correctly.

Shelton is getting beat up, he’s gotta be better or be replaced. Feels like Bates was the plan, but has been held back by nagging injuries. Unfortunately he’s out another few weeks before he’s allowed to be back if he’s even ready. But you can no longer run Nate Davis out there. He is a complete liability right now.

But as AZ pointed out before, these guys have talent. They have played well before in their careers. So something else is a problem as well. Is it fit? Doesn’t seem likely, since most of them have played decent in similar scenes? That leaves either they are just completely washed (seems unlikely that quickly) or a coaching issue. Feels like that is just as much an issue as anything else right now.

That’s the execution along the OL, but also the plays being called. Why aren’t we moving the pocket at all? Why aren’t we running more? Swift has good runs when you get him toward the edges, but then we try up the middle and he immediately runs into his OL that is pushed into the backfield for negative runs. 

There are issues that need fixing, but unsurprisingly most of you have decided the sky is falling already 

The sky isn't necessarily falling, but I should remind you that you've been a Bears fan for about 5 minutes now. The loss last night is exactly how the Bears have performed, specifically in primetime, for a decade plus. They play a good team, they almost always almost win, they're held back by terrible offensive play- QB, run game, coaching, OL, the defense plays well because the coach is a defensive guy, and they lose.

@dll2000 hit the nail on the head in another thread. This isn't Byard or Caleb's or whoever else is new's fault, but we've seen this for decades now: good defense, crappy offense, suspect offensive scheme, weird challenges.

The optimist in me says "when the schedule came out, we knew they'd lose this game." BUT, they gave up one touchdown to an AFC contender and lost. They have one touchdown in 8 quarters. They should be 0-2 if it wasn't for a miraculous win against the Titans. The sky isn't falling, but things are bleak.

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The sky isn't necessarily falling, but I should remind you that you've been a Bears fan for about 5 minutes now. The loss last night is exactly how the Bears have performed, specifically in primetime, for a decade plus. They play a good team, they almost always almost win, they're held back by terrible offensive play- QB, run game, coaching, OL, the defense plays well because the coach is a defensive guy, and they lose.

@dll2000 hit the nail on the head in another thread. This isn't Byard or Caleb's or whoever else is new's fault, but we've seen this for decades now: good defense, crappy offense, suspect offensive scheme, weird challenges.

The optimist in me says "when the schedule came out, we knew they'd lose this game." BUT, they gave up one touchdown to an AFC contender and lost. They have one touchdown in 8 quarters. They should be 0-2 if it wasn't for a miraculous win against the Titans. The sky isn't falling, but things are bleak.

Fans just want to see Bears cross goal line more.  On offense.

A lot of fatigue and frustration.  It hard to spend 3.5 hours watching a team mostly punt or turn the ball over.  For decades.

When you have to hit reset on team, the fans aren't being reset.  It is same fans. 

Kind of like a person who has been in a lot of bad relationships.  Now he or she doesn't trust current partner and keeps expecting other shoe to drop.  Not fair to current person, but it is hard for that person to just ignore all stuff that has happened to them in past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JibjeResearch said:

My bad... my mind flipped lolz ahaha...

I meant replacing the RG with Pryor.

The C and RG have no power. 

Jenkins needs to stay alert.

Ah gotcha. I was going to say, he might not be an All Pro but the C/RG duos barely look competent. lol

Completely agree. Mental errors are WAY too common here, Jenkins is no exception. 

Early on this feels a lot like one of Nagy years.

He was soooo frustrated.  For a time he kept trying whole new schemes week to week to get something, anything going.

I felt for him.  

At same time.  Objectively, when given time Caleb looked a 100% better than last week and looked legit to my eyes.

After he got slobber knocked a few times and started pressing he started looking bad.

I hope we don't ruin a talented QB like has happened so many times before in NFL.

Also wasnt there suppose to be more 12 personnel with Waldron? I know you can't chip the EDGEs on both sides every play, but damn. They were clearly outmatched and seeing Kmet/Everett chip them into the OTs more would have been nice. Plus if you know your OTs are outmatched and can move the pocket, use the TE on the side you roll to to seal the EMLOS. Kmet and Everett have no chance of blocking Anderson/Hunter one on one, but with the OT either one should be able to help at least contain them for a rollout.

And I know we heared a bunch last night how Williams wants to be a pure pocket passer, but IDGAF. Use your best attributes to be successful NOW, then slowly develop and round out your skillset in time. Move the pocket, change the launch angles, and let him show off his arm. And if he can't find anyone either scramble or throw it away since he will be outside the tackle box. If the EDGEs want to go REALLY wide like a wide-9 to prevent the chip ins then Williams needs to have the ability/authority to audible to a run play to attack gaps.

As for Williams last night, any time you can get your *** handed to you over and over, you start to rush a bit more, try to make the throws a little too fast, etc. There are maybe 2-3 QBs that could have done well with pressure like that last night, and even they would likely have been seeing ghosts by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Early on this feels a lot like one of Nagy years.

He was soooo frustrated.  For a time he kept trying whole new schemes week to week to get something, anything going.

I felt for him.  

At same time.  Objectively, when given time Caleb looked a 100% better than last week and looked legit to my eyes.

After he got slobber knocked a few times and started pressing he started looking bad.

I hope we don't ruin a talented QB like has happened so many times before in NFL.

You have coached. I have not. If I had, I wouldn't continue to give my QB 5 and 7 step drops straight back if he was getting crushed repeatedly.