🏈 Pick #223 is in! Raiders select S, Trey Taylor, Air Force

10 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

How does it work when selecting a military prospect?? Don't they have to get permission to push back their service?

I believe they put in a request to separate. It’s typically approved. I recall maybe once when it wasn’t.

I'm Navy and work in legal but I’ve never personally processed someone for separation because they were drafted into the NFL. Lol.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I believe they put in a request to separate. It’s typically approved. I recall maybe once when it wasn’t.

I'm Navy and work in legal but I’ve never personally processed someone for separation because they were drafted into the NFL. Lol.

I think it's more that they request a transfer to the reserves/guard. In the off-season they do make-ups for missed drills(+normal annual tour).

40 minutes ago, Angleae said:

I think it's more that they request a transfer to the reserves/guard. In the off-season they do make-ups for missed drills(+normal annual tour).

Maybe. Like I said, I’ve never personally dealt with it. I just don’t think he defers (pushes back) his time in. Which is what the OP asked.

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

Went to a ton of his games here in Colorado Springs. He was a lot of fun to watch. Tough box safety, going to be a special teamer with us.

I loved living in the Springs from 1994-1999...Been there a few years ago and man has it grown...

• Like 1