2024 UDFA Signings

The fire hydrant defensive lineman Taimani and spunky cornerback McGlothern made Minnesota's initial 53-man roster. They also made the Preseason All-Rookie Team set up by analytics site Pro Football Focus.

Taimani was in a league of his own among interior defenders. PFF awarded the 6-foot-1, 309-pound undrafted free agent an 89.3 defensive grade. He was extra dominant against the run, with an 84.3 mark.

Playing 66 total snaps across the three trial games, Taimani recorded eight stops (tackles that constitute a "failure" for the offense) and two quarterback hurries. The former figure led rookie interior players and tied for second at the position regardless of draft class. Taimani literally played his way onto the 53-man roster.

As did undrafted teammate “Nudie” McGlothern.

McGlothern received the second-best defensive grade (88.4) out of 79 rookie corners, with Baltimore first-rounder Nate Wiggins the position leader (90.6). McGlothern logged 80 snaps to Wiggins' 73.

In those snaps, McGlothern accounted for a hit on the quarterback and five tackles (four stops). He was fantastic in coverage, limiting wide receivers to a pair of catches for a measly 7 yards on four targets.

Also, he intercepted a ball at Cleveland and returned it 91 yards. McGlothern's lockdown traits yielded the lowest passer rating against (16.7) among rookie defensive backs (corners and safeties) targeted at least once.

https://www.vikings.com/news/rookies-dwight-mcglothern-taki-taimani-pff-preseason-teams

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

This guy is a beast. Hopefully, he turns into Pat Williams 2.0, who was also a UDFA. Kwesi is money in the UDFA game.

I don’t want to get my hopes up, especially since he is an undrafted rookie free agent, but the idea of having that brick wall in the middle of the line for two downs, and on short yardage situations is such a great thought.

• Like 4

McGlothern: "It was just all excitement. We knew the journey was going to be long and tough, but I put myself in position to be on this team, and I made sure I took one day at a time, talked to my teammates and my family members and my coaches, and I just let everything all play out."

vikings.com