2024 UDFA Signings

21 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm a little surprised that no UDFA RBs were added. Show of faith in the current RB room?

I made note of this as well. Possibly a good sign for McBride. 

But, it was also a pretty week class for running backs. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

But, it was also a pretty week class for running backs. 

That's what I gathered from a lot of the mocks I did.  When I kept getting basically the same guy in the 5th/6th rd (Guerendo), who ended up going in the 4th, that tells me it was a pretty weak class. 

Watched a fair bit of Gabriel Murphy tape and wow does he stand out.

Relentless motor, great athlete and has some pass rush moves.

Could be a bigger UDFA steal than Pace Jr. if he reaches his potential

• Like 3

Chances of Nester, McGlothern, Murphy and Jones making the roster as UDFA are moderately decent.  Depends on how they perform but guys like Nester and Jones there is not much competition for them to go up against, especially at backup OG.  McGlothern probably has the most competition in terms of bodies but clearly solid play can beat most of those CBs out.  

Would be great if Rouse could play OG but I assume he will be more of a backup RT or LT and could beat out Quessenberry for both spots sooner rather than later.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Chances of Nester, McGlothern, Murphy and Jones making the roster as UDFA are moderately decent.  Depends on how they perform but guys like Nester and Jones there is not much competition for them to go up against, especially at backup OG.  McGlothern probably has the most competition in terms of bodies but clearly solid play can beat most of those CBs out.  

Would be great if Rouse could play OG but I assume he will be more of a backup RT or LT and could beat out Quessenberry for both spots sooner rather than later.  

Typically you carry 4 tackles; so there is still a spot for Rouse and Quessenberry, both.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, viking said:

Watched a fair bit of Gabriel Murphy tape and wow does he stand out.

Relentless motor, great athlete and has some pass rush moves.

Could be a bigger UDFA steal than Pace Jr. if he reaches his potential

Behind JJ, Turner, and Jackson, he is the player I am most excited to see.  I have my doubts that he becomes a 3 down LB/Edge, but really like him as a situation pass rusher.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Behind JJ, Turner, and Jackson, he is the player I am most excited to see.  I have my doubts that he becomes a 3 down LB/Edge, but really like him as a situation pass rusher.

I was looking at his RAS scores and when you have his position set to DE he looks really undersized but if you look at his RAS as a Linebacker he's got relatively good size.

He's got elite explosiveness, an elite 10 yard split in the 40 which I think translate on the field.

Yeah he's got shorter than ideal arms but who cares if the tackle can't catch him?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, viking said:

I was looking at his RAS scores and when you have his position set to DE he looks really undersized but if you look at his RAS as a Linebacker he's got relatively good size.

He's got elite explosiveness, an elite 10 yard split in the 40 which I think translate on the field.

Yeah he's got shorter than ideal arms but who cares if the tackle can't catch him?

It won't post the photo but here is Murphy vs Kyle Van Noy comp. https://imgur.com/a/ZhPig4K

I used Van Noy because of the arm length. Murphy can 100% succeed in the NFL. And I think he's perfect for Flores.

Here's his comp to Van Ginkel: https://imgur.com/a/yZQmEXG

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

KVN was with Flores in NE (2016-18) and MIA (2020) as well so perhaps Flores saw some KVN/AVG in Murphy as well!

for sure, another reason why I went with that comp. You can kinda maybe see how Flores envisions Murphy can be used. KVN has carved out a great career.

• Like 1