Post Draft Thoughts

dll2000

40 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

On the subject of one Mister Bagent.  I think the arm looks limited on games.  He operated the offense better than Fields (mostly) but even on throws he made, they look like they all go the same speed, which is Bagent-maximum.   He also had some big blunders just like Fields. I will say the OC made the game plan fit Bagent better than he did for Fields most of the year, which is a boost, plus he had the bench QB effect of getting away with a bit as opposing DCs didn't know him yet. My friend that met him last fall still raves about him and how he hopes they trade Williams for, you guessed it, the haul, and then start Bagent.  

LOL

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

LOL

Yeah, but really, some people get profoundly effected meeting rich people or celebrities.  

I think they mostly suck. That includes my Vince Vaughn story,  the time Gary Sinise tried to get my girlfriend, and the time I embarrassed myself to Maynard James Keenan, although the last one is solidly on me.  

13 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Yeah, but really, some people get profoundly effected meeting rich people or celebrities.  

I think they mostly suck. That includes my Vince Vaughn story,  the time Gary Sinise tried to get my girlfriend, and the time I embarrassed myself to Maynard James Keenan, although the last one is solidly on me.  

I have heard of only Vaughn of those three.  

41 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I have heard of only Vaughn of those three.  

The Maynard James Keenan one is a two part tale of disappointment and stupidity.  It was around 1999 or so and my favorite band at the time Nine Inch Nails was touring with A Perfect Circle, which was fronted by Maynard from Tool, my second favorite ban d at the time.  Going into the concert we were waiting in line, and a reporter and photog from Rolling Stone were interviewing people about the bands, and a feud at the time between Trent from NIN and Marilyn Manson from... Marilyn Manson.   I was wearing an army coat and the reporter thought I looked like Trent Reznor (which I was definitely trying for), so they interviewed me for a like a half hour, taking multiple rolls (lol, I'm old too) of film of me in different sports  and with  my friends.  I thought it was so cool, and I was going to be on the cover or something. Fast forward to after the show, and I'd had a friend that got me into the staging area at the pavillion where the musicians sometimes came out after the show, and he just said to wait and I could bring my buddies in later.  I got to chatting with some of the roadies and stuff, and ended up sitting around with this dude in weird gold tinted shooters glasses who didn't seem to have anything to do.  We chatted for a while about NIN, life etc, and then he asked me what I thought about A Perfect Circle.  I go off on a rant about how they should have played some Tool songs etc and he kind of launches into this counter rant about how it's a totally different band, with different goals and sounds and how it would be disrespectful to both bands etc.  I kind of blow him off and say something like "Well what the **** does a roadie know" just as my friends are let in.  The roadie says something like "well you clearly know best, sir!" just as my friends are walking up one of them goes "Holy **** it's Maynard!" pointing at the guy, as he walks away and gives me the finger over his shoulder.  Welp.  

So ALL summer long, I'm buying copies of Rolling Stone, tearing through them looking for what I assume to be a feature on me looking badass. Months go by.  One day I go over to my friends house and they're all sitting around looking weird, and there's a copy of Rolling Stone on the table.  One of my friends is like, dude, it's not that big a deal, you know, etc and hands me the magazine, open to a report on the tour and concert.  There are 6 little pics with quotes from people, including a blurry photo of one of my friends head, with an air quote saying "I love how he totall dissed Marliyn Manson" which he never even said.  Looking back I think that's where I learned to go facedown on the floor to go "AUGH" like Charlie Brown, which came in handy for the 2019 Bears playoff experience. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

The Maynard James Keenan one is a two part tale of disappointment and stupidity.  It was around 1999 or so and my favorite band at the time Nine Inch Nails was touring with A Perfect Circle, which was fronted by Maynard from Tool, my second favorite ban d at the time.  Going into the concert we were waiting in line, and a reporter and photog from Rolling Stone were interviewing people about the bands, and a feud at the time between Trent from NIN and Marilyn Manson from... Marilyn Manson.   I was wearing an army coat and the reporter thought I looked like Trent Reznor (which I was definitely trying for), so they interviewed me for a like a half hour, taking multiple rolls (lol, I'm old too) of film of me in different sports  and with  my friends.  I thought it was so cool, and I was going to be on the cover or something. Fast forward to after the show, and I'd had a friend that got me into the staging area at the pavillion where the musicians sometimes came out after the show, and he just said to wait and I could bring my buddies in later.  I got to chatting with some of the roadies and stuff, and ended up sitting around with this dude in weird gold tinted shooters glasses who didn't seem to have anything to do.  We chatted for a while about NIN, life etc, and then he asked me what I thought about A Perfect Circle.  I go off on a rant about how they should have played some Tool songs etc and he kind of launches into this counter rant about how it's a totally different band, with different goals and sounds and how it would be disrespectful to both bands etc.  I kind of blow him off and say something like "Well what the **** does a roadie know" just as my friends are let in.  The roadie says something like "well you clearly know best, sir!" just as my friends are walking up one of them goes "Holy **** it's Maynard!" pointing at the guy, as he walks away and gives me the finger over his shoulder.  Welp.  

So ALL summer long, I'm buying copies of Rolling Stone, tearing through them looking for what I assume to be a feature on me looking badass. Months go by.  One day I go over to my friends house and they're all sitting around looking weird, and there's a copy of Rolling Stone on the table.  One of my friends is like, dude, it's not that big a deal, you know, etc and hands me the magazine, open to a report on the tour and concert.  There are 6 little pics with quotes from people, including a blurry photo of one of my friends head, with an air quote saying "I love how he totall dissed Marliyn Manson" which he never even said.  Looking back I think that's where I learned to go facedown on the floor to go "AUGH" like Charlie Brown, which came in handy for the 2019 Bears playoff experience. 

At least you have excellent taste in music 

• Like 1

The more we build up the team, the less I care about the UDFA’s we sign and wonder how they will figure in to our open starting positions. I really haven’t even paid attention to our UDFA rookies this year 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

The more we build up the team, the less I care about the UDFA’s we sign and wonder how they will figure in to our open starting positions. I really haven’t even paid attention to our UDFA rookies this year 

With you on that. Pretty nice not needing to rely on the hope that some guy passed over 250+ times in the draft is not only a useful player for us, but a useful one right away in an important role.

Is this how everyone else has been living all this time???

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

100%.  Funny how that works.  

On 5/2/2024 at 5:51 AM, TankWilliams said:

I hope Velus isn't on the roster

May get your wish.

Howard University RB Ian Wheeler officially signed a 3 year $2,830,000 UDFA Rookie contract. 

Pretty standard UDFA deal, no real guarantees

...but dude ran a 4.3 at Pro-Day, has 52 KRs for 1,322 yds, with a 25.4 avg and  3 TDs 

LoVE this signing and will be paying attention to him in Camp

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SLCbear said:

May get your wish.

Howard University RB Ian Wheeler officially signed a 3 year $2,830,000 UDFA Rookie contract. 

...but dude ran a 4.3 at Pro-Day, has 52 KRs for 1,322 yds, with a 25.4 avg and  3 TDs 

I think a lot of special teams coordinators are planning two deep returners on KOs.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think a lot of special teams coordinators are planning two deep returners on KOs.  

A lot of potential for trick play kickoff returns, too. With players having to remain still until the ball is caught, it's almost like a play with a snap. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of formations, motions, blockers pulling, etc. that the NFL can come up with. I think it's going to be more exciting than what we've had (which, when it hasn't been a touchback fest, has rarely been that exciting)

Edited by chisoxguy7
I usually do words bad the first time
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SLCbear said:

May get your wish.

This guy has same resume as Treston Ebner who we took in 6th in 2022.

They were both back up RBs with blazing speed.

18 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This guy has same resume as Treston Ebner who we took in 6th in 2022.

They were both back up RBs with blazing speed.

Ebner had blazing speed in shorts and a shirt but on the field he ran like Michael Bush

On 5/3/2024 at 3:12 PM, dll2000 said:

LOL

Bagent is a GAMER ! 

The arm strength is a lil  sus ha ha  but I am just fine rolling with Tbl7  in relief of CW 

Caleb is a kille r  he doesn't necessarily need a grizzled vet   ha haha haha

I think Caleb  and Tb may be good. 

...and then Waldron top choice for QB3

poor Roschon, maybe next year QB23