2024 ROT- 'Charlie Kolar breakout SZN'

So we essentially have to hope for 

one of Rosengarten/Faalele/Josh Jones/Patrick Mekari being a solid RT

two of Vorhees/Cleveland/Mo Sala/Mekari/Josh Jones being solid Gs

I think the first is pretty likely. I think the second is a bit more iffy, but it’s not like the cupboard is exactly bare. 

Feel pretty solid about our offensive line. At worst mekari is starting at right tackle which is an at least above average starter. Guards: Cleveland was solid at RG last year. Voorhees was an expected 2nd round pick so I’d expect him to be at least average.

I’m honestly not that concerned about the OL outside of durability concerns.

Stanley is as healthy as he’s been in years, just made it through an entire season, and is now in a contract year and that should motivate him to have his best season since 2019.

LG will be a competition, mainly IMO between Vorhees and Saala. I expect Vorhees to win handedly considering his pedigree and what he accomplished at the collegiate level. With his strength, when he locks onto a defender, he has them in his grips.

Hopefully the backup center gets the job done, though worst case Mekari has shown he can give above average play up and down the OL.

At LG, you’d expect Ben Cleveland to win the job, he looked solid last season and I think that opened the door to letting Zeitler go, however if we bring in another OL veteran, this would be a spot where I think some guys could compete for a role.

At RT I expect Mekari to win the job, at least to start the season, Rosengarten should be the new swing tackle, however Mekari has been known to suffer durability issues as well, so at some point before the year is up we could see Big Rose get some starts, take over the position, and then never look back.

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I think the first is pretty likely. I think the second is a bit more iffy, but it’s not like the cupboard is exactly bare. 

I really only view it as a full on "new" starter at LG and possibly RT. Ben Cleveland played RG last year at a plus level and has more experience in Monken's system than anyone(Georgia + NFL). 

Since 2017 our starters at LG have been James Hurst-Bradley Bozeman-Ben Powers-John Simpson....... none of them were considered anything but average or below average and in each case we made it work or the player surprised. I'd prefer to have a monster like KO back in that spot, but it is what it is. I see Mekari or Voorhees taking the role and a rotation is possible. 

If Mekari starts at either spot Josh Jones becomes the new swing tackle.

Important to remember that Harbaugh doesn't like playing Rookies, especially on OL. Hurst started over OBJ early on in his 1st season. So no one should assume Rosengarten just walks into RT1.  Big chance we get a rotation at both LG and RT, at least to start the season.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

With the condition that if Mekari is the top RT he is out of the running for G.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m honestly not that concerned about the OL outside of durability concerns.

Stanley is as healthy as he’s been in years, just made it through an entire season, and is now in a contract year and that should motivate him to have his best season since 2019.

Keep in mind the reason he's "healthy" is because of the depth we had at OT which allowed us to play him 50% of snaps (at best) per game. We can't do that this year most likely.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Keep in mind the reason he's "healthy" is because of the depth we had at OT which allowed us to play him 50% of snaps (at best) per game. We can't do that this year most likely.

well i guess thats what Josh Jones was signed for, basically. To me he's a pure LT with very little promise at G

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel I underrated Derrick Henry when he signed this offseason, as well as last season as a trade target.

Because he was big, strong, and fast, he had some traits reminiscent of prime Jamal Lewis. But he also can be a calm, patient runner with outstanding vision. The fact that he hit 21.68mph in week 18 last year suggests he might be one of those freak RB who doesn't diminish at 30. 

I did not realize how outstanding he was at short yardage conversion for his career. 19/20 conversions on 4th & 1-3, and 77/87 on 3rd and 1-3, with and addition 5 receiving 1st downs.
No wonder Lamar slimmed down. He knows Henry is dominant in short yardage and Lamar's threat on the outside will make that down and distance absolute hell for defenses.

I wanted a dual threat RB who was a threat in the passing game, and while this aspect isn't a strength, Henry has very soft hands and is natural at catching. Just based on TEN's boring offense, maybe the Ravens could exploit this a bit more.

All jokes aside about Lamar Jackson, Derrick Henry is easily one of, if not the best RBs at passing the ball. Think of the strain it might put on defenses if this becomes a weapon and not just a gimmick. He has 5 total passing TDs (including against us in the playoffs). He could challenge greats RB passers like Tomlinson (7) or Peyton (8).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Lamar sent home from first day of practice today with an illness, training camp officially upon us 

Someone stock this man’s fridge with OJ or something good lord, buddy has the immune system of a 2nd grader 😂

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Lamar sent home from first day of practice today with an illness, training camp officially upon us 

Someone stock this man’s fridge with OJ or something good lord, buddy has the immune system of a 2nd grader 😂

Lamar's immune system is not sustainable.