2024 WC Semifinals: (1) OKC Thunder v (5) Dallas Mavericks

Gimme OKC in 5, such a fun team and I think they are a level above Dallas. Pj Washington could be the x factor for Dallas though. That trade has had a big impact on pushing this squad just a little further

People act like Shai is some baby but he came in the same year as Luka.  The Mavs have Kyrie who has experience but other than that, both teams are pretty inexperienced.  Gordon hayward has some late run experience too though and even though he is worthless on the court he can help in prep.  OKC definitely depends on more youth to contribute but that youth is pretty special and I think they win the series in 6.  I don't really care who wins this series as I love Luka and Shai so just hoping one of Dallas, OKC or Minny come out of the west.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I don't know OKC that well, but what's stopping Dallas from blitzing Shai every play and forcing the others to try and generate offense?

jalen williams is really, really ******* good and they shot 39% from 3 as a team this year

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

jalen williams is really, really ******* good and they shot 39% from 3 as a team this year

From what I saw, the Mavs forced the ball out of Harden/George because they're like "Terrance Mann and Amir Coffee can't create for themselves."

8 minutes ago, General Tso said:

From what I saw, the Mavs forced the ball out of Harden/George because they're like "Terrance Mann and Amir Coffee can't create for themselves."

okc doesn't play a single guy who won't kill you with or without the ball in a 4 on 3 scramble. the only bad shot they can get off that is a giddey jumper, but if dallas forces enough of those, daigneault won't hesitate to sit him for the last 16 minutes of the game and put joe or wallace out there instead

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catcheryea said:

okc doesn't play a single guy who won't kill you with or without the ball in a 4 on 3 scramble. the only bad shot they can get off that is a giddey jumper, but if dallas forces enough of those, daigneault won't hesitate to sit him for the last 16 minutes of the game and put joe or wallace out there instead

Yup, Jalen Williams is a 43% three point shooter and they have 10 players shooting above 36.5% from three and Giddy is at 34%.  They have four players who shoot above 40% from three with more than 2 attempts per game.  They really don't play anyone who can't shoot the ball and they have Giddy, Chet, Williams and Wallace who can all create on their own.  The depth of OKC is so much better than the depth the Clippers have.  Plus I think Shai is better than George or Harden at this point in their careers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Jalen might be a top-20 player lol.

i was going to say people are about to find out he's a top 30 guy and if okc needs him to score 30 to win a couple games, he'll get them 38

i'm not sure how it finished but i think at one point this year sga was the second most efficient fourth quarter scorer in the league and the only guy ahead of him was jdub

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Jalen might be a top-20 player lol.

Jaylen brown 

Jalen Brunson 

Dono Mitch 

Kat

Sga 

wemby 

Tyrese Maxy

Tyrese Haliburton 

Jimny Butler 

Paolo