2024 Washington Training Camp Discussion/Videos

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think Davis is definitely at the top of the depth chart. BSJ is not a better CB. 

Pretty sure BSJ and Forbes are competing for CB2 and Sainristil is locked into the Nickel.

guess they didn't think much of Chris Paul. At least his damm elbow works ! 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I have not heard anything in terms of St. Juste not starting, have you? 

You guys pay attention to the reports a little closer than I do, but I do not believe there has been anything about BSJ not being in the top 2. The initial "unofficial" depth chart had the starting 3 CBs as Sainristil, BSJ and Davis. 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I mean we can sit here and guess that Mike Davis is better and that’s what we all did when we signed him but I really haven’t seen anything definitive to point to that. We all know St. Juste had a bad season last year but the fact that he’s not talked about a lot being burned etc. like Forbes is, makes me think he’s going to be one of the starters.

I definitely think Sainristil is a lock to be the nickel. I honestly think Sainristil is our #1 CB & maybe even our #DB period even if he’s just in the slot. 

IMO, Mike Davis is significantly better than BSJ. Coaching is not responsible for the 11 (accepted) penalties against him last year. If Forbes shows ANY improvement (not banking on it), I think BSJ will find the bench quickly.

As for Sainristil, I 100% agree. I think he is rock solid. 

38 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You guys pay attention to the reports a little closer than I do, but I do not believe there has been anything about BSJ not being in the top 2. The initial "unofficial" depth chart had the starting 3 CBs as Sainristil, BSJ and Davis. 

IMO, Mike Davis is significantly better than BSJ. Coaching is not responsible for the 11 (accepted) penalties against him last year. If Forbes shows ANY improvement (not banking on it), I think BSJ will find the bench quickly.

As for Sainristil, I 100% agree. I think he is rock solid. 

I don’t know, I think the scheme change helps St. Juste. I think he fits the Quinn style CB much better than what JDR was asking him to do. 

I think Forbes starter over Mike Davis vs the Jets in W1 preseason but Quinn has let everyone know the current depth chart is unofficial. I really haven’t heard much about Davis or St. Juste bc as everyone knows Forbes draws so much of the attention from the media & the fans at the CB position that no one else is barely talked above, even our 2nd round rookie Sainristil who played well.

It seems to me it’s anyone’s guess on the outside right now and if they really don’t like what they have they may even still sign Gilmore after the 3rd preseason game.

Edited by turtle28

18 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Juicy, they want to see more of Driskel for sure to see if he should be the #2 and not Mariota.

They also signed Trace McSorely who was QB3 in Arizona when Kingsbury was there.

I think Riley Patterson will be ok but I’m sure they’ll bring in someone after cuts to compete. 
For me, more of a concern (like others in here) is the O-Line, particularly T and should bring in a couple of corners as well after cuts are made. 
Cut Mariota and put Sam on IR

JD- J. Driskell- T. McSorley 

See how it plays out. 

47 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The guy is just not trying to be on the field. It’s completely business for the guy and that’s okay. Probably even amazing off the field. But for what he shows on the field you just can’t afford for him to be your backup in hopes of winning by chance. He is what he is. He’s the first Gen of the mobile one read and tuck guys. And like most of that gen none ever made it long enough; or just didn’t grow from within the pocket.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

The guy is just not trying to be on the field. It’s completely business for the guy and that’s okay. Probably even amazing off the field. But for what he shows on the field you just can’t afford for him to be your backup in hopes of winning by chance. He is what he is. He’s the first Gen of the mobile one read and tuck guys. And like most of that gen none ever made it long enough; or just didn’t grow from within the pocket.

Sure you can. If he’s the back up it probably means a high draft pick if he ever has to play. 😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

So you’re saying he’s the Anthony Rendon of the NFL?  

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/commanders/status/1823767314434605264?s=46&t=6HL-uBrK4qbGh3V530lFEg

Tight window completion to Dotosn where he works back to the ball and makes a tough catch with Forbes draped all over him. You love to see that, tight coverage by Forbes but a tough catch made by Dotson. Two guys getting crapped on lately by people who aren't in the locker room but both looked good on this clip.