Jets 2024 General Talks

JetsandI

Carter Warren graded pretty well during preseason. I doubt the Jets are cutting 2 OTs that they have been developing.

It's going to be interesting what they do because there are some decent players who will be cut because of the numbers game.

McGregor and Leonard Taylor are 2 UDFA who shined in preseason. I'm scared if they are waived they won't make it to the PS. Taylor was dominant at DT in games. 

TBH these guys looked better than Michael Clemons. 

Edited by NYJets4716

7 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Carter Warren graded pretty well during preseason. I doubt the Jets are cutting 2 OTs that they have been developing.

It's going to be interesting what they do because there are some decent players who will be cut because of the numbers game.

McGregor and Leonard Taylor are 2 UDFA who shined in preseason. I'm scared if they are waived they won't make it to the PS. Taylor was dominant at DT in games. 

TBH these guys looked better than Michael Clemons. 

If there's one position Salah like's to hoard, it's DL, so we should be bringing both back. 

6 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'd keep all the OL we can until someone who's definitively better. Better the turnstiles you know.

And I've always been pretty hopeful that JD and Salah could find another late-round/UDFA gem to mold into a starting edge/situational pass rusher. It would be so nice for these guys to get a sack or two and let Reddick eat crow.

I can give you Max because he is designed to play 4 spots in OL as a reserve.

I am not sure about Reddick and Tarik Cohen situations but I think they among Jordan Travis are needed to be on 53 squad by tomorrow deadline.  That are 3 spots to clear for them.

Prospects to risk losing to other teams may be:

IOL Xavier Newsome (Should be kept now)

RB Israel Abanikanda (Ideal 3rd RB for many teams)

DT Leonard Taylor (His penetrating skill vs Micheal Clemons' run support)

DE Micheal Clemons (opposing Taylor for team need)

TF Kenny Yeboah (TE/FB are interchangeable)

OT Max Mitchell (developmental and versatile OL)

CB Brandon Codrington (CB projection with strong returner skill)

Players Jets easily re-sign back:

DL Solomon Thomas (Loyalty to Robert Saleh)

WR Jason Brownlee (Practice Squad)

OT Carter Warren (Practice Squad)

LB Chazz Surrartt (injury history)

DB Jaylen Key (Practice Squad)

QB Aidan Martinez (Practice Squad)

RB Xazavien Valladay (Practice Squad)

P Thomas Morstead (Loyalty to Jets)

Trade Candidates:

DE Micheal Clemons

RB Israel Abanikanda

My 53 Prediction 

QB- Rodgers, Taylor

HB- Hall, Allen, Davis, Abanikanda

TE- Conklin, Ruckert, Yeboah

WR- Wilson, Williams, Lazard, Corley, Gipson, Charles

Tough call on Brownlee but ultimately just don't think his upside is there so it's okay to take the risk on getting him to the practice squad. 

T- Smith, Moses, Fashanu, Warren, Mitchell

G/C- AVT, Simpson, Tippman, Schweitzer, Levao

I think the group of Newman, Glaser, And Hanson can all easily make it to practice squad. Levao showed a lot and is versatile. Mitchell won't clear waivers.

DE- Johnson, McDonald, Reddick, Clemons, McKinley 

DT- Williams, Kinlaw, Thomas, Fotu, Taylor III

I think the Jets take the risk on McGregor and Watts and hope one of them makes it to practice squad. Taylor made too many splash plays. I kinda see a world where Thomas doesn't make the team but it's too bold of a prediction.

LB- Mosley, Williams, Sherwood, Barnes

CB- Gardner, Reed, Carter, Stiggers, Bernard Converse, Codrington, Echols

Codrington just looks too natural as a returner to let loose. The Jets clear covet a returner for this season, having tried to revive Cohen for the role. I think he makes it. I wondered about the team without Echols but ultimately Carter missing time throughout the season and Echols playing that role in camp sorta locks him in.

S- Adams, Clark, Davis, Oliver

K- Zuerlein

P- Morstead

LS- Hennessy 

Edited by Sandwhich2

51 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

What are Jets fans thoughts on him? Imagine the Bills will use his primarily as a returner as their CB room is solid at the top. 

Ah... trade.

Jets CB room is solid as well.  Gipson, Corley and Davis??? are penciled in as returners.  Codrington is buried in depth of both departments so none of us actually have better picture for his future as DB/SR.  His week 2 performance is added to his NFL resume.

Bills apparently are light at SR room so you have nothing to lose if he doesn't pan out. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I now understand that NFI reserve is automatically 4 game miss anytime but I still don't understand about IR stuff.

I was under assumption that if a player is put on IR before initial 53 man roster deadline he will be out for a season. Putting a player on IR as a member of 53 man roster is meant to be a minimum 4 game absence.  Now Jets have Kenny Yeboah and Leki Fotu on IR today before the deadline in order to trim down to 53 man roster today and they will miss at least 4 games?  Did I miss something?

Edited by JetsandI

52 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I now understand that NFI reserve is automatically 4 game miss anytime but I still don't understand about IR stuff.

I was under assumption that if a player is put on IR before initial 53 man roster deadline he will be out for a season. Putting a player on IR as a member of 53 man roster is meant to be a minimum 4 game absence.  Now Jets have Kenny Yeboah and Leki Fotu on IR today before the deadline in order to trim down to 53 man roster today and they will miss at least 4 games?  Did I miss something?

Been that way for a several seasons now. Teams can designate plays to return from IR. See: Aaron Rodgers last season, although he didn't end up playing (just practicing). There's also season ending IR, like AJ Dillon was just placed on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Been that way for a several seasons now. Teams can designate plays to return from IR. See: Aaron Rodgers last season, although he didn't end up playing (just practicing). There's also season ending IR, like AJ Dillon was just placed on.

Rodgers was on 53 man roster when Jets put him on IR.

Anyway, I can't believe I missed this new IR rule was in effect starting last year.   Limit 2 players with IR designation.

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-advantage-injured-rules-kendre-183537206.html

thanks.