Assassin’s Creed: Shadows

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Formerly known under the codename RED, the long awaited AC entry in Japan launches this fall.

Full reveal Thursday May 15th, 12et/9pst

IMG-0784.jpg

Thursday Is the 16th...

Looks good for a cinematic setup of the assassins and story. 

Some info from the site

• A NEW CREED

Live the intertwined stories of Naoe, an adept shinobi Assassin from Iga Province, and Yasuke, the powerful African samurai of historical legend. Against the backdrop of the turbulent late Sengoku period, this remarkable duo will discover their common destiny as they usher in a new era for Japan.
  • BECOME A SHINOBI ASSASSIN

As the quick-witted and agile Naoe, use noise, light, and shadows to evade detection as enemies respond to their changing surroundings. Distract guards using kunai, shuriken, and smoke bombs, infiltrate enemy bases with your grappling hook and parkour skills, and assassinate your targets with the hidden blade.

• BECOME A LEGENDARY SAMURAI

As the charismatic samurai Yasuke, strike your foes with brutal precision and power. Use his combat-oriented skills to attack, block, parry, and defeat your enemies. Master the vast arsenal of weapons at your disposal – featuring katana, kanabo, bows, naginata, and more – to free Japan from its oppressors.

• PLAY IT YOUR WAY

You decide whether to play as a shinobi or samurai. Master complementary playstyles of two fully realized protagonists, approach quests with whichever character you prefer, as each possesses their own respective progression, stats, skills, and gear.

• EXPLORE FEUDAL JAPAN

Discover the captivating open world of feudal Japan, from spectacular castle towns and bustling ports to peaceful shrines and pastoral landscapes. Adventure through unpredictable weather, changing seasons, and reactive environments.

• INFORMATION IS YOUR WEAPON

Travel the world, explore, and scout your surroundings to gather vital intel. Build your network of spies to be your eyes and ears across locations to unveil new areas and hunt down your next target. Along the way, recruit several allies with highly specialized skills and abilities to help accomplish your missions.

• Editions

RED_MOCKUP_COMPARATIVEGRID_1920x1080_EN.

• Additional info from the post below

• Dynamic lighting allows you to hide in shadows, you can also take out light sources to create those areas.

• AI will be searching more for you if spotted

• Grappling hook is physics based so sounds like you can sorta toy with what it can do. Can perform assassinations from it

• Environment is can be destructible, mentioned slicing through walls.

• Weather system/seasons will change up enemy AI

• Build a spy network, hideout

A female Main character again? Ubisoft really seems deadset on that I guess. At least this seems more believable than that of Kassandra or Eivor. Really want to know how that other protagonist got there because he's clearly not from Japan.  edit: both main characters 

Also seems they've omitted the Hidden blade, which I'm not a fan of.

13 hours ago, Kiltman said:

BECOME A SHINOBI ASSASSIN

and assassinate your targets with the hidden blade.

Then why didn't they end the trailer with this? Instead just some small dagger. I slowed it down, they completely changed the hidden blade to being some gizmo that's not nearly as cool. 

7 hours ago, Danger said:

A female Main character again? Ubisoft really seems deadset on that I guess. At least this seems more believable than that of Kassandra or Eivor. Really want to know how that other protagonist got there because he's clearly not from Japan.  edit: both main characters 

Also seems they've omitted the Hidden blade, which I'm not a fan of.

He’s based on an actual black Samurai, supposedly taken from Africa by the Portuguese as a kid and brought to Japan with them. Been some other media that’s adapted him it seems, they showed an anime.

They’ve had some good female assassins, liked Evie and thought Cassandra was better as the protagonist than the antagonist. In that longer video they explain the choice a little more, based it off of different Japanese legends of a female fighter. Her Dad is a real person of the time so she’s like a fictional amalgamation daughter.

7 hours ago, Danger said:

Then why didn't they end the trailer with this? Instead just some small dagger. I slowed it down, they completely changed the hidden blade to being some gizmo that's not nearly as cool. 

i think it’s still the hidden blade, it just has an additional function now, that’s what it looked like at least. Like if needed you can turn it into a dagger to fight with. But guess we’ll probably see at the Ubi show in June.

• 4 months later...