Nico Collins Extended

3 hours ago, mse326 said:

3 years is too short. Should have pushed for more. Now he and Stroud both come up at about the same time

To @Pastor Dillon's point, can't really aim for a long term deal on a guy with such little production outside of last season. There are health concerns too, he was injured a bit his first two seasons - his lack of numbers isn't completely on Davis Mills. 

This is basically a similar deal to what Devonta Smith signed with Philadelphia.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

That’s a lot of money for a 1 year wonder. 

Love you broski, but STRONGLY disagree

Saw the extension while I was at my daughter's moving on ceremony to Jr. High (2.5 hours! :mad::confused::oops:)

Anyway, thought it was a great deal.
Check our Nico's #s when he had JAG QBs (Davis, Tyrod) throwing him the ball.

4 dropped balls in his ENTIRE NFL career and it literally doubled with CJ (which I found interesting as heck).
His avg drop % is less than 1.7% IIRC.
In 2023, 2 WRs had over 100 targets and less than 1.8% drop:  Nico and checks notes Justin Jefferson.  
This deal is a steal / FMV IMHO.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

To @Pastor Dillon's point, can't really aim for a long term deal on a guy with such little production outside of last season. There are health concerns too, he was injured a bit his first two seasons - his lack of numbers isn't completely on Davis Mills. 

This is basically a similar deal to what Devonta Smith signed with Philadelphia.

I like the length (definitely TWSS ;) )

TBH, we're making a 2-3 push right now.  In 3 years, Tank (probably) getting paid and we will have brought in another big bodied WR on a cheap deal,

Plus cap is like the Jeffersons: moving on up