CF25 User List, online Dynasties PS5 and Xbox

2 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

Took the victory over Memphis! Finished the season at 8-4. Nice showing for Samwell Tarly. Two of my loses were against Kansas State and Oklahoma both in the top 10 when we were on Heisman.

You’re doing really good 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

Took the victory over Memphis! Finished the season at 8-4. Nice showing for Samwell Tarly. Two of my loses were against Kansas State and Oklahoma both in the top 10 when we were on Heisman.

**** yea bro. Winning against top 25 isn't easy, especially as a lower tier team. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Dude I have the worst luck with coverages. I don't know what it is, but no matter what I do my CBs get burned. Even against bad teams like mine. It's crazy. 

Sounds like a coaching issue.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Sounds like a coaching issue.

True that. 

I guess I gotta watch more YouTube videos on defense. 

I actually think I am worse at tackling than playing coverage. Like I don't know how to tackle at all in this game. Every time I try to make a basic tackle the guy breaks my attempt, like EVERY SINGLE TIME. I used to attempt hit stick tackles and that has some weird delay now, so I switch to basic tackling and it's still not going well. 

Maybe I'll just recruit a baller FS and play deep half the whole time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

True that. 

I guess I gotta watch more YouTube videos on defense. 

I actually think I am worse at tackling than playing coverage. Like I don't know how to tackle at all in this game. Every time I try to make a basic tackle the guy breaks my attempt, like EVERY SINGLE TIME. I used to attempt hit stick tackles and that has some weird delay now, so I switch to basic tackling and it's still not going well. 

Maybe I'll just recruit a baller FS and play deep half the whole time. 

I was giving you some crap; defense is hard in this game, and if it's inside of 2 minutes of the half, you aren't stopping the offense.

I think it's good to figure out a number of plays where you are comfortable running the play and trying to take away the routes that are hurting you with a user defender.

I suck at tackling too, I don't bother with the stick much b/c it whiffs more often than not, I do use the 'dive' tackle (square) which has helped; otherwise, if you are just running into them then be prepared to mash X to beat the ball carrier to it - it's something I'm still bad at.

Usering a deep safety does help limit the damage that I normally would do if I was responsible for man coverage or zone. I've been able to bait a few QBs thinking they could hit their WR that beat the jam at the line and my safety was far enough away at snap to tempt them. Have also gotten burnt a few times doing so.

When I was rebuilding my ECU offline dynasty I went for pretty much any player willing to join, but over time you see certain archetypes that are better than others. IMO Man cover corners are the best, especially when they can jam at the line, I've had CBs delay pass plays by 2-3 seconds at the line. If you have a decent DL, you can get the sack before any of their receivers are 10+ yards downfield. Same thing with safeties, Hybrids or Zone are preferable while run support are (usually) slower players. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

I don't understand the awards. My CB has 9 INTs with three TDs returned and is ranked 5th...

It's rigged. You don't play for Florida or ND.

Seriously though no clue why he wouldn't be higher. Do the others have similar/better stats? 

21 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I suck at tackling too, I don't bother with the stick much b/c it whiffs more often than not, I do use the 'dive' tackle (square) which has helped

I switched to exclusively this and I still struggle with whiffs/broken tackles on CPUs. I literally hold L2 when playing users and try to let them run into me so I don't get juked. It's just harder to tackle in general than I remember. 

22 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

if you are just running into them then be prepared to mash X to beat the ball carrier to it - it's something I'm still bad at.

This is probably the dumbest part for me. Like a power struggle happens too much. Who touches X when making a tackle lol?

23 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Usering a deep safety does help limit the damage that I normally would do if I was responsible for man coverage or zone. I've been able to bait a few QBs thinking they could hit their WR that beat the jam at the line and my safety was far enough away at snap to tempt them. Have also gotten burnt a few times doing so.

I can't play man-to-man, like period. Haha. It's safer for me to play over the top. I am actually pretty good at User Lurking to get INTs, but I tend to either "catch" the route runner or guess the cut in man coverage leading to a lot of missed plays. 

As the years go by, I'll get better players catered to my playing style, but this season has been rough for me recruiting. I'm having to resort to a lot of 2-stars which are fringe roster players to begin with.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

It's rigged. You don't play for Florida or ND.

Seriously though no clue why he wouldn't be higher. Do the others have similar/better stats? 

More tackles is about it. I think more PDs but it's not my fault they can't catch. 😄

Just had the game of my life against Air Force. My terrible QB was 16 of 19 for 500 yards and 7 TDs and ZERO INTs. First game with no INTs thrown. Their safeties could not keep up with my speed on the outside. Finished 7-0 in the mountain west. 

• Like 2

FS Castell: 77 tackles, 13 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 2 INTs, 3 Defl, 1 FF 1 FR

SS Turner: 72 tackles, 14 TFL, 2 sacks, 3 INTs, 3 Defl, 2 FR, 1 TD

My safeties lead the team in tackles and that's their stats for DB comparison before i play this week.

MLB James: 64 tackles, 23 TFL, 9.5 sacks, 3 defl, 2 FF 1 FR

DE Sapp: 72 tackles, 48 TFL, 28.5 sacks, 5 FF 3 FR 1 safety 1 TD

DE Collins: 57 tackles, 38 TFL, 17.5 sacks, 1 FF 1 FR 1 safety

Returner Dike: 542 KR yards, 18.7 avg, 411 PR yards, 12.8 avg, 2 TDs

• Like 1