Bears are officially on Hard Knocks

On 8/20/2024 at 10:05 PM, CBears019 said:

Solid episode, but I’ve had my fill of Bagents dad.  He’s so intense.  Bagent basically says he’s auditioning for other teams so that he can compete for a starting job.  But i like him and his attitude, i think that’s good for the team.

Lots of Tory Taylor this episode too.

Sounds like the Bears didn’t get Judon because they wanted an extension before handing over a draft pick.

All the beat reporters said there was a big fight at camp today between the offense and defense, so that’ll be fun to see next week.

I’m shocked how little Warren we’ve seen thus far.  But that scene with him and the other execs talking about a new stadium felt so pointless.

Straight from the horses mouth and the horse is named Poles.  Interesting that he saw Judon as more than a one year rental even at his age.  Does this signify a major change in his roster building methods?

16 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I hope Reed makes the PS

I’m at the point with Williams now in house that I don’t particularly care who our QB3/4 is. Developing that guy is entirely off my radar right now, and will be so until (if) at which time Bagent might be moved via trade or be pending UFA and looking to sign elsewhere.

Seems like a good dude though - hope he gets a development shot somewhere even if it’s not here. 

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m at the point with Williams now in house that I don’t particularly care who our QB3/4 is. Developing that guy is entirely off my radar right now, and will be so until (if) at which time Bagent might be moved via trade or be pending UFA and looking to sign elsewhere.

Seems like a good dude though - hope he gets a development shot somewhere even if it’s not here. 

Yeah I meant just as a personality hire. I don’t think even in the bad times I cared who qb2 or 3 was. 

• Like 1

Solid episode overall.  I really hate that Wheeler tore his ACL, such an easy guy to root for.  Hope he can be good and ready for next year.

There was a lot of talk last week from the beat reporters about a big fight that occurred during practice.  I assume the McCaskeys told them to edit that one out

This series has also really warmed me up to Flus.  That can change quickly if the bears start losing games, but i can see why the players like him.

7 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Solid episode overall.  I really hate that Wheeler tore his ACL, such an easy guy to root for.  Hope he can be good and ready for next year.

There was a lot of talk last week from the beat reporters about a big fight that occurred during practice.  I assume the McCaskeys told them to edit that one out

This series has also really warmed me up to Flus.  That can change quickly if the bears start losing games, but i can see why the players like him.

Any time we saw behind the curtain with Nagy I felt the same way. He was a likable person with obvious shortcomings as a football coach. I wonder with a QB he (hopefully) trusts more if Flus’ game management at the end of games (his biggest flaw) changes moving forward. 

With the camera crew following around Ian Wheeler’s mom before and the long clip of the hug after the game, I think tearing his ACL was done just for the plot of Hard Knocks. 

12 hours ago, CBears019 said:

They showed the big hit just before you could see a fight was about break out.

Flus is a decent guy.   So was Nagy.  Being a good person doesn't make you a bad or good coach.   I think it helps because people will trust you more not to lie to them.

Most players would rather have hard truths than lies or silence.  I think Poles and Flus are both good about that.

We don't get MAX episodes until Thursday here in México 

Bagent's Dad with the Stallone Over the Top move ha ha. I thought that move was something they added to the movie for dramatic effects but apparently that hand shift thing is real 

Mecole Hardman trying to get at Caleb about being nervous and Caleb's response 😎

DWalk with the Celtics gear during Wheeler's karaoke🍀

I get that a lot of hard knocks is about the unsung guys that may be playing their last football or may fringe make a roster, but they’ve spent too much time in Ian wheeler. Should’ve given some of the star players a lot more time. 

Lots of people getting cut this week, almost exclusively.  Ryp seemed excited to go to Minnesota’s 53 man roster, so good for him and Reed.

Overall very little Kevin Warren this season, which shocked me.  Btw, does he not know how to tie a tie?  It bugs the hell out of me when I see big time execs, politicians, etc on TV, when they knew they were going to be in TV, and they can’t tie their tie right.  Rant over.

They got an offer for Velus, but obviously they said no,  I’m assuming it was a 5 or lower, given that Poles said he wouldn’t go below a 4.

Eberflus has a bee farm on his property, hence Beeberflus.