MoviePass - 1 movie per day (no 3-D, IMAX and some premium audio/video theaters excluded) for $10 per month.

Dome

12 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

It has some inconvenient rules at times but I got this in October and hit on the deal shortly after that made it $7.50/month. Best deal ever for someone like me who on average probably sees 30-35 movies in theaters a year. That number is going to spike big time in 2018.

What rules? 

Mine came at the end of October and Ive been to around 6 movies with it, so its definitely worth it for me. Ive never had a problem with it. Select the show outside of the theater, and then go to the kiosk and print my ticket.

I will say that if you regularly go to a AMC Theater, they are trying to outlaw it. Some theaters wont allow it even though they are supposed to because you are paying with a master card.

17 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

I will say that if you regularly go to a AMC Theater, they are trying to outlaw it. Some theaters wont allow it even though they are supposed to because you are paying with a master card.

Yeah what’s their issue with it? 

4 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yeah what’s their issue with it? 

Who knows. AMC is getting their full payment with each transaction. I think it might have something to do with them wanting to start their own program thats similar.

There was a AMC less than a mile from me, and they accepted it, but they moved to a new theater about two miles down the road, and that theater doesnt even appear on the app. Thats the only one in Nashville that doesnt accept it. Even the indy theater takes MoviePass.

10 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

What rules? 

You can't order online. You can only purchase one ticket (the theater I go to has assigned seats, recliners make it worth it though). You have to be within 100 feet of the theater to use the app successfully.

9 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Who knows. AMC is getting their full payment with each transaction. I think it might have something to do with them wanting to start their own program thats similar.

There was a AMC less than a mile from me, and they accepted it, but they moved to a new theater about two miles down the road, and that theater doesnt even appear on the app. Thats the only one in Nashville that doesnt accept it. Even the indy theater takes MoviePass.

AMC hates it and has tried suing Movie Pass unsuccessfully. Though I don't think they can do anything about it other than not accept it at new locations. I strictly go to an AMC and use it all the time.

16 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

You can't order online. You can only purchase one ticket (the theater I go to has assigned seats, recliners make it worth it though). You have to be within 100 feet of the theater to use the app successfully.

Pretty much this.

You can't preorder tickets for anything, you have to be basically standing in line at the theater and "check in" on the app. then the card they give you will be activated for 30 minutes and you can buy the tickets. That's probably the biggest/only drawback for me, if it's a busy showing you can't use this app to reserve tickets, you'll need to pay full price for those. 

You can only use this for tickets that day, so if you want to catch a 10pm opening night and you know it'll be packed that night, you'd have to literally drive to the theater however early you think you need to to get your tickets, check in and buy your tickets for that night's showing. 

I think they do this to prevent from moviepasser from reserving seats early in the day and then just not showing up cause it's a $10 monthly fee regardless. If you're gonna make the time to drive down and buy the tickets, then you're probably more likely to show up later that night as opposed to someone who can just click a button on an app with no real commitment. 

On 12/22/2017 at 8:25 AM, Bullet Club said:

AMC hates it and has tried suing Movie Pass unsuccessfully. Though I don't think they can do anything about it other than not accept it at new locations. I strictly go to an AMC and use it all the time.

Literally just today the new AMC two miles down the road finally showed up on the app. It took over two months. I guess Ill try it, but I usually like going to Regal's.

On 12/23/2017 at 5:16 AM, Pats#1 said:

Some of the movie prices listed in here are outrageously low.

Cheapest movie for me is at least 7.50, and that's only if it's the crappy theater, the RPX (not Imax but bigger screen) movies are over 11 for matinee I believe. 

In Nashville, its at least $12 no matter where you go, and around $10 for a matinee, so I get my money's worth with just one ticket a month, but Ive been averaging around 2-3 since I got it.

4 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

In Nashville, its at least $12 no matter where you go, and around $10 for a matinee, so I get my money's worth with just one ticket a month, but Ive been averaging around 2-3 since I got it.

I wish I knew about this before I had a newborn lol....not gonna be seeing many new releases for quite some time....well not legally anyways B|

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I wish I knew about this before I had a newborn lol....not gonna be seeing many new releases for quite some time....well not legally anyways B|

I wish I knew about it a few years ago when I was seeing 50+ movies in theaters. Between work, friends, and just living in Nashville, I dont make that much time for going to a theater.

2 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

I wish I knew about it a few years ago when I was seeing 50+ movies in theaters. Between work, friends, and just living in Nashville, I dont make that much time for going to a theater.

Yea, I've really cut down. Me and significant other used to go probably twice a week, but that adds up REALLY quickly when you add in food and beverages as well each time. Now we usually reserve trips to the theater that are made to be seen in theaters like big blockbuster and really cool visual movies, everything else we wait a little while I can usually find it.

Archived