MoviePass - 1 movie per day (no 3-D, IMAX and some premium audio/video theaters excluded) for $10 per month.

Dome

Anyone else have this? Wife and I got it on Thanksgiving and it's been amazing. It allows you to see 1 movie per day (with some exceptions) for $10 per month.

We have a Cinetopia (bar/pub/theater) here, just a couple blocks away. Moviepass doesn't work in their lounge theater where they have couches and tables and it's a more relaxed atmosphere, and they don't work in their 3-D movies, or the "GXL" premium screen and audio theater but they work for all the standard showings. 

If anyone is seeing more than 1 movie per month (or wants to start) MoviePass is the ticket (heyooo). Make sure it works at theaters you go to, it's not everywhere yet. 

My local theater I go to all time is only $2.50 per movie and I'm not gonna see more than 4 in a month, ever. But for those expensive $9 per movie places this would be a killer deal that I don't understand can be sustainable unless most of the people on it dont ever even use it. 

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

My local theater I go to all time is only $2.50 per movie and I'm not gonna see more than 4 in a month, ever. But for those expensive $9 per movie places this would be a killer deal that I don't understand can be sustainable unless most of the people on it dont ever even use it. 

What do you live in the middle of the Ocean or something?

34 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Their later movies are $4 but their mornings (I always go to the morning ones) are only $2.50. 

Is it current movies? Or movies that have been in theaters for several weeks?

Cause we have one that shows movies that have been out for 3-6 weeks already depending on their popularity, they charge IIRC $3.50 for matinees and $5 for later movies. I go there sometimes cause it's usually empty in the week and it's within walking distance so I just take a flask and don't have anything to worry about lol.

But yeah $2.50 is absurd. You don't need a movie pass if you have that. 

32 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Cause we have one that shows movies that have been out for 3-6 weeks already depending on their popularity, they charge IIRC $3.50 for matinees and $5 for later movies. I go there sometimes cause it's usually empty in the week and it's within walking distance so I just take a flask and don't have anything to worry about lol.

There's one near me that is $3/ticket.  They have all the new movies the day it comes out.

But it's in the boonies, so i assume they keep their prices lower because of that.

The other theaters closer to the big city are all like $13/ticket or something ridiculous.  We never go there.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

All new current stuff. It's in a ghettoy city but it's not a bad spot anymore cause that particular area is getting more hip. Even put in a frozen yogurt whatever shop nearby 

It has some inconvenient rules at times but I got this in October and hit on the deal shortly after that made it $7.50/month. Best deal ever for someone like me who on average probably sees 30-35 movies in theaters a year. That number is going to spike big time in 2018.

Archived