Week 16 GDT - Jacksonville Jaguars @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, John232 said:

Not sure I'm totally in on spending money on Johnson. But Prince, Fuller or moving Ward (if he's willing) back to corner seem like some really solid options as well. Regardless, we should be adding as much talent there as possible. 

If he's not willing, then you cut him. He's not worth 8.5 million as a safety

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If he's not willing, then you cut him. He's not worth 8.5 million as a safety

FWIW, Barrows says the team still thinks Ward has Pro Bowl potential at FS. They think he was coming on before he got hurt and him being hurt in TC slowed the process down for him. 

Will be interesting to see what we do with him and Reid. 

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've been on the Spoon ? train for a while. I said it a few months sgo, he is a flat out natural in coverage. The way he flips his hips is textbook and he never panics when the ball is thrown his way. And he has been sticking his helmet in the run game all season long. He does need to get stronger and I'd like to see him get more physical at the LOS. Right now he is like a Marcus Peters type of corner who prefers to play seven or so yards off the receiver. Which is fine but you have to be a great play maker to pull it off consistently. With his size and recovery speed, it will be a shame if he can't become at least decent in bump n run coverage. 

But we definitely need someone good opposite of him. I'm fine with Williams and Ward being able to play nickel. Fuller,  Johnson or Prince would be good while we draft another one in the draft. 

I told y'all that Ahkello would be a heck of a player if you're patient with him. He put Awuzie and Oliver to shame last year. My only concern with him was his tendency to shy away from contact when tackling. However, as a cover CB, he has it all.

As for Tru, stay away. He's ours. ;)

Just now, jrry32 said:

I told y'all that Ahkello would be a heck of a player if you're patient with him. He was put Awuzie and Oliver to shame last year. My only concern with him was his tendency to shy away from contact when tackling. However, as a cover CB, he has it all.

As for Tru, stay away. He's ours. ;)

You think you guys re-sign him? Personally, I think it is time for the Stockton boy to come back closer to home ;)

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

You think you guys re-sign him? Personally, I think it is time for the Stockton boy to come back closer to home ;)

I'd be surprised if we don't. We better have a damn good plan if we don't. He's not an elite CB, but he's a good #1. It also sounds like he wants to stay with the Rams. I think he's enjoying this whole winning thing. That might be a problem for you. ;) :P

Just now, jrry32 said:

I'd be surprised if we don't. We better have a damn good plan if we don't. He's not an elite CB, but he's a good #1. It also sounds like he wants to stay with the Rams. I think he's enjoying this whole winning thing. That might be a problem for you. ;) :P

But who wouldn't want to play with a QB with a perfect record and one that will never lose a game until he retires???? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But who wouldn't want to play with a QB with a perfect record and one that will never lose a game until he retires???? 

A CB who doesn't want to play with a QB who plans to retire before Sunday (assuming the Rams don't rest their starters). ;)

Just now, jrry32 said:

A CB who doesn't want to play with a QB who plans to retire before Sunday (assuming the Rams don't rest their starters). ;)

Are you guys going to rest your starters? There still is a chance to get the #2 seed right? I know some things have to happen, but still possible. Only thing is the Vikings play the early game so they could clinch the #2 seed before our game. 

Are you guys going to rest your starters? There still is a chance to get the #2 seed right? I know some things have to happen, but still possible. Only thing is the Vikings play the early game so they could clinch the #2 seed before our game. 

There's a 0% chance we get the #2 seed. We may not rest our starters if we want to keep the #3 seed, but we can't get a bye no matter what.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

There's a 0% chance we get the #2 seed. We may not rest our starters if we want to keep the #3 seed, but we can't get a bye no matter what.

Oh I see, so only playing for the #3 seed. I hope you guys do want to play for the #3 seed then. Need to hand another playoff team playing their starters a L to end the season ;).

Oh I see, so only playing for the #3 seed. I hope you guys do want to play for the #3 seed then. Need to hand another playoff team playing their starters a L to end the season ;).

I hope we play for it too. I want Goff to get his 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs and Gurley to get his 20th TD. Plus, somebody needs to quiet the Patriots fans (because Niners fans are actually reasonable). xD

Honestly, this is still a fatally flawed team that has had some of its deficiencies hidden by the play of Garoppolo. I have no confidence we would hold you guys under 35 points if you guys play your starters. Only way it doesn't happen is if our offense controls the ball for 35+ minutes. Even then, it's no guarantee lol.

Archived