Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 28 - Taco Bowl XXVIII Posted)

On 10/3/2024 at 7:10 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

Eh

Frankly, I need breaks from having to monitor this for my own sanity. Moreover, the beginning of a new thread is a natural point to have people renew interest to make sure we don't have inactive owners going into that season's draft.

Any chance that the Sim can default a kickoff touchback to the 30 Yd line for S29 going forward? I can't imagine that would be too hard a change.

3 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Any chance that the Sim can default a kickoff touchback to the 30 Yd line for S29 going forward? I can't imagine that would be too hard a change.

Already done. In fact, this season's playoffs used it:

On 9/20/2024 at 10:58 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Oh one more thing... a slight rule change affecting the upcoming playoffs: While I don't feel like implementing the new kickoff rule in its entirety, the NSFL will be making the switch of moving the Kickoff Touchback to the 30 yard line to match the NFL, debuting in these playoffs!

I actually don't know why I didn't think to just do that at the season's start, since it's been a simple configuration setting that I added back when the NFL moved it to the 25:

ujmNmFr.png

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Already done. In fact, this season's playoffs used it:

I actually don't know why I didn't think to just do that at the season's start, since it's been a simple configuration setting that I added back when the NFL moved it to the 25:

ujmNmFr.png

What is Easter Eggs? Have we all missed some?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

What is Easter Eggs? Have we all missed some?

Oh... that's just a setting where a handful of seeds can lead to custom effects. Added them years ago (2015 according to an old changelog) and didnt touch them again since. Found a list in my old documentation:

0 – Not really an easter egg, but a check that should’ve been added when I implemented XorShiftRandom. Basically, XorShiftRandom doesn’t work with a seed of 0, so it sets the seed to “Zero” instead.
“0, please” – Well, if you REALLY want a seed of 0…
“International Game” – Ugh… It really sucks when your team gets a “home” International game, does it not?
“TEBOW TIME” – Tebowmania is sweeping the nation! This wouldn’t be a bad seed to use if Tim Tebow happens to be your starting Quarterback…
“Ryan Leaf” – Greatest bust ever, according to most people… What if every Quarterback was as bad as him?
“Bountygate” – Being paid to injure people, hell yeah! Lets rough some people up.
“GOAT” – Each team calls upon the best player in their history...
“ITS OVER 9000!” – Take a wild guess at what this one does…
“I hate Mondays.” – Who doesn’t? They are by far the longest day of the week…
“Don't kick to Hester!” - Wise advice to any Kicker or Punter.
“Gunslinger”. It makes every passing play a Hail Mary.

For context on the first two, XorShift RNG can't handle a Seed of 0 so using 0, please produces a game like this:

zrbsiJC.png

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Oh... that's just a setting where a handful of seeds can lead to custom effects. Added them years ago and didnt touch them again since. Found a list in my old documentation:

0 – Not really an easter egg, but a check that should’ve been added when I implemented XorShiftRandom. Basically, XorShiftRandom doesn’t work with a seed of 0, so it sets the seed to “Zero” instead.
“International Game” – Ugh… It really sucks when your team gets a “home” International game, does it not?
“TEBOW TIME” – Tebowmania is sweeping the nation! This wouldn’t be a bad seed to use if Tim Tebow happens to be your starting Quarterback…
“Ryan Leaf” – Greatest bust ever, according to most people… What if every Quarterback was as bad as him?
“Bountygate” – Being paid to injure people, hell yeah! Lets rough some people up.

For context on the first two, XorShift RNG can't handle a Seed of 0 so using 0, please produces a game like this:

zrbsiJC.png

The GOAT one is probably by far the most interesting, as it replaces a single player on each team with a custom player based off whoever I felt was their most notable historical player at the time... which, looking at the code is:

MIA: Dan Marino
NYJ: Joe Namath
BUF: Bruce Smith
NE: Tom Brady
IND: Peyton Manning
JAX: Fred Taylor
TEN: Bruce Matthews
HOU: Andre Johnson
BAL: Ray Lewis
PIT: Joe Greene
CIN: Anthony Munoz
CLE: Jim Brown
DEN: John Elway
LAC: LaDainian Tomlinson
LV: Gene Upshaw
KC: Tony Gonzalez
PHI: Reggie White
NYG: Lawrence Taylor
WAS: Darrell Green
DAL: Emmitt Smith
DET: Barry Sanders
CHI: D!ck Butkus
GB: Brett Favre
MIN: Alan Page
ATL: Jeff Van Note
NO: Rickey Jackson
CAR: Muhsin Muhammad
TB: Warren Sapp
SEA: Walter Jones
SF: One of Joe Montana or Jerry Rice, chosen randomly (rarely both)
ARI: Adrian Wilson
LAR: Deacon Jones

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Oh... that's just a setting where a handful of seeds can lead to custom effects. Added them years ago (2015 according to an old changelog) and didnt touch them again since. Found a list in my old documentation:

zrbsiJC.png

Some old school football before the forward pass. Run Eagles Run.

BTW I notice it just means every play is a rushing TD from a kick that probably goes OOB to set it at the 40. Eagles simply won the toss in OT lol.

Edited by LAOJoe

I could be mistaken but the Falcons don't have a single hall of famer that you could call a true Falcon do they? Morten Anderson might come closest and he fell off after he came from the Saints.

EDIT: NM It's definitely Claude Humphrey and Deion Sanders definitely counts too if you don't count SBs. He definitely had a better individual stretch as a Falcon than a Cowboy, although the SF year was probably his best.

Edited by LAOJoe