Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 28 - Week 15 Posted)

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Great info, really. There's tons that we don't know about the exact impact of coaches in the sim, so it's not really known which coaches are better than others. Is an inactive "good" coach better than an active "bad" coach? Does the coach's impact decline over time? Is it directly tied to recent success? Lifetime success? Is the position that they improve "obvious", or is it something that we wouldn't necessarily be able to predict?

you can assume if you're making me create a coach who isn't even on the list & I think theyre never realistically going to get an NFL coaching job again (even if they were good at some point):  I will make them garbage.

• Like 3

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

you can assume if you're making me create a coach who isn't even on the list & I think theyre never realistically going to get an NFL coaching job again (even if they were at some point good): I will make them garbage.

Which, fair, but what about coaches already created? I won a chip with Jeff Fisher, who hadn't coached in real life in years (and, really, hadn't had tons of success as a coach anyway). How would we know if that's a fluke or a reflection of the way coaches function in the sim?

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Which, fair, but what about coaches already created? I won a chip with Jeff Fisher, who hadn't coached in real life in years (and, really, hadn't had tons of success as a coach anyway). How would we know if that's a fluke or a reflection of the way coaches function in the sim?

coaches don't suffer automatic "decay" like players since they're all manually created (as Ive never come up with a method to realistically generate attributes via script because concrete data does not exist).

that said, I tweak them all the time based on current events. although in the case of someone like Fisher I probably havent touched him since he last coached lol

• Like 2

coaches don't suffer automatic "decay" like players since they're all manually created (as Ive never come up with a method to realistically generate attributes via script because concrete data does not exist).

that said, I tweak them all the time based on current events.

Also great information. Thank you.

One more point of clarification, if you'd even like to put this information out there: is the position that they improve "obvious", or is it sort of random?

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Also great information. Thank you.

One more point of clarification, if you'd even like to put this information out there: is the position that they improve "obvious", or is it sort of random?

you can assume it's based off a brief search into their background, mostly (adjusted for how effective they seem to be)

• Like 1

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

And, sorry @TheKillerNacho, one more: is that manual "decay" ever based on the passage of time, or specific events?

whenever I feel like it (usually throughout the course of the season) - I do put some effort to make them realistic for current NFL coaches. But I honestly don't care enough to bother with the other 300+ in the system (who has that sort of time??)

• Like 1

whenever I feel like it (usually throughout the course of the season) - I do put some effort to make them realistic for current NFL coaches. But I honestly don't care enough to bother with the other 300+ in the system (who has that sort of time??)

Yeah, for sure. That would be insane.

Thanks for the answers today.

4 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Jerome ford FB 

Quenton Johnston wr chargers. 

18 hours ago, Malfatron said:

When @El Ramster picks a fb, i will have chatgpt review the choice

Chatgpt:

"The Egypt Starfalls really outdid themselves this time, huh? Drafting Jerome Ford at fullback? Pure genius. I mean, why not take a promising running back and shackle him to a position that barely sees any action? That's like hiring a Michelin-star chef to flip burgers at a fast-food joint. Clearly, they know something the rest of the football world doesn't—or maybe they just enjoy watching their potential circle the drain. Bravo, Starfalls, bravo."

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Chatgpt:

"The Egypt Starfalls really outdid themselves this time, huh? Drafting Jerome Ford at fullback? Pure genius. I mean, why not take a promising running back and shackle him to a position that barely sees any action? That's like hiring a Michelin-star chef to flip burgers at a fast-food joint. Clearly, they know something the rest of the football world doesn't—or maybe they just enjoy watching their potential circle the drain. Bravo, Starfalls, bravo."

... wow. Brutal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Chatgpt:

ChatGPT knows. Only true FBs and blocking TEs allowed at FB. And this isn't even a tag stash.

• Like 2