Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

On 5/13/2019 at 10:49 AM, pwny said:

Some moderation stuff got changed a little over a year ago, and I wasn’t able to edit thread titles anymore. I finally was able to figure out a way to take control again, so for the first time in two years, we get an update. 

I pivoted away from our thread title beef to make fun of the Cardinals. In solidarity, gonna need you to change that Fake News thread title.

20 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I pivoted away from our thread title beef to make fun of the Cardinals. In solidarity, gonna need you to change that Fake News thread title.

We had thread title beef? 

• Like 1

Cisek has the highest soft contact % and lowest hard contact % among all relievers in MLB. 

It’s gonna he real nice when he can settle into being the 7th inning guy and not need to be used in every single high leverage situation. 

Been on vacation for awhile (a portion of which at Wrigley!) so haven't been on here.  

Obviously I love the Kimbrel signing.  He helps shore up the biggest weakness on the team.  It blows that it comes at the expense of Zobrist, but it is what it is.  

Forgot to mention the draft.  My initial impression was that it was underwhelming, but when you draft at the end of each round, the bonus pool suffers.  At the very least they picked a bunch of power arms, which is something the system desperately needs.  6th round overslot Ethan Hearn will be a fun prep pick to follow, as his upside is enormous (big bust potential as well, obviously).  Mack Chambers was the 11th round pick out of a JuCo and has plus-plus speed, which is fun.  Let's see if he can hit a lick.  It seems like there were more signable prep pitchers drafted this year as well.  Prep pitchers are clearly the most volatile group to draft from, but they generally reap the biggest reward when they hit.