Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

I don't see why the team would have Schwarber as untouchable. I like Schwarber, but it's not exactly hard to field a corner outfielder. He's not special unless he really adds a lot to his offensive game. 

No idea where this team is going. It seems like maybe their big addition will be a solid late-inning reliever, which leaves the offense as a huge question mark. 

On 12/14/2018 at 10:11 PM, Blazer026 said:

If he's still good defensively I'm all for it. With all the injuries idk. 

It's for the league minimum, since he's still getting paid by the Jays.  Absolutely bring him in if he is willing to come.  It's a no risk/potentially high reward move.  Beats the heck out of signing a guy like Daniel Descalso to be backup MIF.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

If the Cubs do end up moving on from Addison Russell, they really don't have anyone besides Baez to handle short. I suppose that Bote could play there in a pinch, but he's not someone that you want there for more than emergency purposes. 

They need a backup capable of handling SS no matter what.  Like you said, Bote would be the next man up, and nobody wants to see that.  Give me Bryce Harper, Kelvin Herrera, and Tulo and call it an offseason.  (With a trade of Chatwood+ to open up some salary and roster spots)

17 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Yeah, same stuff that the team supposedly already knew about.  Said it then and I'll say it now, I don't want Russell playing another inning for this team.

Release him and get it over with. I know that Theo wants to be part of the "solution" and not just abandon Russell, but it's time to let him go. 

I expect the Cubs to get quite a bit of PR backlash if they keep him on the team, and more if they end up going with Sinclair for their new network.