Fantasy Football General Discussion Thread 2024

AFF

Drafting my Scott fish bowl team now.. its a superflex league but QB scoring is nerfed while everything else get significant boosts

Picking at the 1.10, so far I have Chase/Kelce/JT/Justin Herbert. JH was QB17 in round 4 so I had to scoop that up, will probably backfill QB with the Levis, Danny dimes, russ Wilson types. Going WR with at least the next 3-4 picks

Non-PPR 12 Teams, what spot do you want to be drafting? I see 5 elite players(CMC-Bijan-Breece-Hill-Lamb) so I dont want #6 but CMC scares me enough to where #1 feels like a powder. I have JT & Henry next, not sure I love more WRs in R1 tbh but Chase-ARSB-Brown are close. I dont think I want 10-11-12

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Non-PPR 12 Teams, what spot do you want to be drafting? I see 5 elite players(CMC-Bijan-Breece-Hill-Lamb) so I dont want #6 but CMC scares me enough to where #1 feels like a powder. I have JT & Henry next, not sure I love more WRs in R1 tbh but Chase-ARSB-Brown are close. I dont think I want 10-11-12

I actually prefer those draft spots.  If you whiff on one of those picks, it’s not as damaging.  I’ve had plenty of bad experiences where, for whatever reason, that #1-#3 pick gets hurt or doesn’t perform, and that team is toast.  

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I actually prefer those draft spots.  If you whiff on one of those picks, it’s not as damaging.  I’ve had plenty of bad experiences where, for whatever reason, that #1-#3 pick gets hurt or doesn’t perform, and that team is toast.  

true but unless there is a reason to predict an injury for a specific player like CMC or Henry, Im just not going to expect it. I think the talent at the back end isnt worth a 1st round pick and therefore there is a larger pool of 2nd rounders I think will be there in the mid-late 2nd

For anyone drafting Achane in keeper/dynasty, I'd also highly recommend getting Jaylen Wright later in the draft. Last year we saw Achane/Mostert coexist as great fantasy RB options throughout the season. I expect Wright to take over that Mostert role either this year or next year. I had Wright as the best RB in the 2024 draft class. Wright landing in Miami is the perfect spot to take advantage of his elite explosive ability. He is also great insurance in case Achane gets hurt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

For anyone drafting Achane in keeper/dynasty, I'd also highly recommend getting Jaylen Wright later in the draft. Last year we saw Achane/Mostert coexist as great fantasy RB options throughout the season. I expect Wright to take over that Mostert role either this year or next year. I had Wright as the best RB in the 2024 draft class. Wright landing in Miami is the perfect spot to take advantage of his elite explosive ability. He is also great insurance in case Achane gets hurt. 

Wright at RB and Burton/Polk at WR, and then Sinnott at TE are guys i drafted over and over again in the late 2nd/early 3rd

• Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 8:25 AM, adamq said:

Drafting my Scott fish bowl team now.. its a superflex league but QB scoring is nerfed while everything else get significant boosts

Picking at the 1.10, so far I have Chase/Kelce/JT/Justin Herbert. JH was QB17 in round 4 so I had to scoop that up, will probably backfill QB with the Levis, Danny dimes, russ Wilson types. Going WR with at least the next 3-4 picks

Big fan of Levis this year, gonna try to get him as my 3rd QB in my one Superflex league I do.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AFF said:

Big fan of Levis this year, gonna try to get him as my 3rd QB in my one Superflex league I do.

I don't love him enough to call him a real option but I do like him as a backup/3rd QB in best ball because of his ADP.  I think he could surpass expectations but I also wouldn't be shocked if the Titans are drafting a QB next year.  I lean towards him having a Geno Smith type season of last year.  

On 7/11/2024 at 11:22 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't love him enough to call him a real option but I do like him as a backup/3rd QB in best ball because of his ADP.  I think he could surpass expectations but I also wouldn't be shocked if the Titans are drafting a QB next year.  I lean towards him having a Geno Smith type season of last year.  

I’ve had pretty good recent success with drafting guys late that nobody wants…2 years ago Daniel Jones when he was pretty solid and Sam Howell last year just due to passing volume.

Callahan was so pass happy last year and they improved their OL.

Hes my guy late…but ya never know.

On 7/9/2024 at 9:28 AM, tyler735 said:

I still think Mostert will be great in re-draft just given his cost. if he stays healthy, which is unlikely but given the cost he is well-worth the investment to me

23 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I still think Mostert will be great in re-draft just given his cost. if he stays healthy, which is unlikely but given the cost he is well-worth the investment to me

It's definitely possible he's still a valuable fantasy play this year, but I do think his touchdown total was a bit of an outlier last year.

Given his age, injury history, and have a very talented rookie RB in Jaylen Wright gunning for his spot while also having Achane being the primary focal point at RB in Miami's offense, I could see Mostert being a dud this year. Not a bad risk to take if he falls late in the draft though. 

Edited by tyler735

8 hours ago, tyler735 said:

It's definitely possible he's still a valuable fantasy play this year, but I do think his touchdown total was a bit of an outlier last year.

Given his age, injury history, and have a very talented rookie RB in Jaylen Wright gunning for his spot while also having Achane being the primary focal point at RB in Miami's offense, I could see Mostert being a dud this year. Not a bad risk to take if he falls late in the draft though. 

1000% the TDs were an outlier but his ADP makes it seem like he is closer to RB3 in Miami than RB1

On 7/9/2024 at 5:25 AM, adamq said:

I forget Fishbowl scoring format, but when they nerfed QB's, did they do that for their rushing too?  Because I doubt Jayden Daniels was going to still be on the board much past QB17 - if even there at all - but you know those are the types that make for solid backfills that still give a little ceiling.  Levis, I think we both expect to be a chucker for good or bad, but I've actually got a number of best ball shares in him so far.  Any shot at a post-hype sleeper grab on Geno?  I'd almost rather take shares in him and than trust on Wilson in Arthur Smith's system - which, in my opinion, is closer to Sean Payton's approach that Russ floundered in than it is to a looser system that "let's Russ cook," in whatever people consider that to be.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 8:25 AM, adamq said:

Its TE premium isnt it?