Fantasy Football General Discussion Thread 2024

AFF

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't love the Andrews thing, but I'm not convinced that the Bears offense is fixed or anything. I think that was a pretty beat up Colts defense that hasn't been great this  year so I'm not sure that I trust Kmet enough to blow #1 waiver priority, but this is really going to depend on your league. Both the league structure and the personality of your league. Are other managers in your league extremely active on the wire and you can get pretty high up in the priority again relatively quickly? Is it a deep or shallow league ? What are the odds that someone you'd really want would get cut at some point? 

If waivers is tight, I'm content to sit back and let waivers roll and then maybe pick up someone like Conklin ? Also, a guy like Kraft is a sneaky pick up. I think he was dropped ina  lot of leagues with Willis coming in, but with Love coming back in short order, I think that could be a winning add moving forward (I know Kraft got nicked up yesterday - unsure of the severity....if it's serious, try Musgrave). Hunter Henry if he's out there, etc. 

good advice on the FA front. Conklin and Kraft are both available, forgot about Kraft honestly .  Didn’t mention before, but I have K Allen and rostering 2 Bears made me queasy lol 

thoughts on Hock for Chubb (in a vacuum, I’m fine at RB, though not rolling in depth either)?

1 minute ago, 101Raider said:

thoughts on Hock for Chubb (in a vacuum, I’m fine at RB, though not rolling in depth either)?

I'm not bullish on either coming off ACL, but Hockenson has a stop and squat ability at TE which may be less impacted by the injury. On the other hand,  he has injured far later in the season and RBs are historically far more valuable. 

I think it's fine if you do it, but I also just like the idea of finding that sweet spot for Chubb when he's coming back but before he plays to find a trade for him. 

Tight ends have largely been a wasteland this year, so I just can't get super up in arms about trying to fix the position when the top of the market just isn't that great right now. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

I would have won if I didn’t bench BTJ smh. 

I actually got fortunate there. I was going to bench BTJ for Jameson williams and then on Friday I traded Williams for Rico Dowdle and had to start BTJ because I was out of bodies  lol. 

I'm up by 12 points. He has Godwin and Derrick Henry to go, I have Lamar. So very likely that I'm going to lose in a close one. 

Losing Nico is killing me. I was totally fine losing Rice… didn’t need him, totally stacked at WR. 

My lineup with Nico out:

QB Daniels

RB James Conner

RB2 is rotated between Javonte, Chase Brown, Tyrone Tracy, Rachaad White, and Bucky Irving. I have made the correct pick every single week including Javonte this week. 

WR1 Chase

WR2 GWilson

WR3 McLaurin

Flex BThomasJr

TE Bowers

K Butker

DEF Weekly rotation, which has gone horribly. 

BTJ has killed me two weeks in a row. Last week 4 points. This week I bench him and he goes off for 20. I miss having Nico and only playing BTJ against a Bottom 10 WR Defense.

5-0 to 5-2. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I actually got fortunate there. I was going to bench BTJ for Jameson williams and then on Friday I traded Williams for Rico Dowdle and had to start BTJ because I was out of bodies  lol. 

I'm up by 12 points. He has Godwin and Derrick Henry to go, I have Lamar. So very likely that I'm going to lose in a close one. 

Hot damn, even with juju blanking me I won.

6-1. The one game I lost, I scored 180 points and lost by a point

So this has been a pretty brutal year for me fantasy wise. In my 2 big money leagues I’m a combined 3-11. In one it’s just been a bunch of injuries. 

In the other one….ive lost 3 matchups by 1 point or less. 2 of those losses are just stupid. The commissioner has the league set up to where you get 2 bonus points for a 40+ yard receiving TD and a passing TD but not 2 extra points for a 40 yard rushing TD. in both my losses (0.3 points and 0.8 points) I didn’t get 2 points from Kyler rushing for a 40+ yard score. I’m 3rd in the league in scoring and I’m 1-6. Just not my year. 

Edited by holt_bruce81

I just scored the third highest points of the week in my 16 man league and lost by 60 points to a team that was 2-4 going into the week.  Frustrating going up against a team that has everyone hit.  I am now 4-3 in both of my bigger money leagues and in that 16 team league, there are 13 teams that are either 4-3 or 3-4.  Going to be a fight to the finish.