Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

WOAH

Few thoughts:

1) This is THE guy I wanted forever.

2) For all the talk about the picks we have, basically all of them were crappy protected picks so who cares. We weren't getting a superstar.

3) Goes without saying that we need OG and Hartenstein back

4) Is any team dumb enough to take Randle?

Edited by redsoxsuck05

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Trade Randal maybe Robinson as well. Resign Hartenstein and you have a damn good starting 5.

Robinson probably wants to be a starter somewhere, but I love him as a backup center logging about 20 mins a game.

Now from the Nets perspective...2028 swap, 2029, and 2031 picks can be EXTREMELY valuable for an elite role player whom was no use for them atm. In a few years they can have us by the balls because the engine of our team is a small 28 year old guard with two years left on his contract.

It's a trade the Knicks HAD to make because they're not winning in the Brunson window without the upgrade. We have a chance to win in the next two years, but barring FA hijinx, we're now guaranteed to be suck eventually. If I knew that was a scenario for us a year ago when we were a 45 win team paying RJ Barrett 30M a year? I'd say hell ******* yes.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

10 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We needed to push our picks back a few years and the suns are about to be terrible Ā 

durant is washed. I doubt we are seriously going after him.Ā 

We gave up the 2025 first back to the Nets.Ā  That alone makes this trade awful.

We definitely arent getting Durant.

Stone is trying to play chess and it will backfire on him.

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

This is the best the Knicks can do, and I totally think they had to do it but they still arent beating the Celtics or a healthy bucks team.Ā 

Logic dictates that this Celtics team is a lot better, but sometimes teams fall off year-to-year for no reason. Might as well try, right?

Not afraid of the Bucks, though. Old, bad chemistry, and they'll never be healthy. More afraid of the Pacers and Magic tbh.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

This is such a fascinating experiment.

OG, Bridges, Hart, Donte are the definition of sum of parts. Each player individually is nothing special. Can chemistry and fit single-handedly make the Knicks elite? We're the anti-super team!

One more post, sorry. The Knicks are one of a few teams that can theoretically make Edey work, right? With OG (hopefully) and Bridges on the perimeter, we can park Edey under the rim if necessary. And Mitch is the perfect complement. Can Edey developer into a decent passer, though? I don't believe in offensively-minded Centers who can't pass.

Filipowski seems like an I-Hart clone.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

• 11sanchez11 changed the title to Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!