Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

34 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

a guy starts looking like he doesn't belong in the nba and the pistons decide they have to have him

any comments i've made about the pistons being competent have been withdrawn

THJ falls in the Tobias category. Looked awful in the playoffs, but the Pistons aren't a playoff team anyway.

23 minutes ago, General Tso said:

THJ falls in the Tobias category. Looked awful in the playoffs, but the Pistons aren't a playoff team anyway.

tobias looked passive and like he didn't want to be there. thj looked like he forgot how to play basketball. couldn't shoot, couldn't dribble, couldn't pass. awful decision making every second he was out there. he got outplayed by hardy who was acting like the finals was a summer pickup run

2 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

tobias looked passive and like he didn't want to be there. thj looked like he forgot how to play basketball. couldn't shoot, couldn't dribble, couldn't pass. awful decision making every second he was out there. he got outplayed by hardy who was acting like the finals was a summer pickup run

He'll be a great tank commander

David Griffin talking a whole lot about pushing the chips in... I'm not sure anyone is available though. I'm not really sure what they do. The narrative around BI is so bad right now because he played through an injury. I think a true PG unlocks BI more so if you're getting dog water offers for him, just go out and get like a Tyus Jones guy and allow him to play off ball more. When he had Lonzo he was taking 6-7 3s a night which is what you need from him. 

• 11sanchez11 changed the title to Offseason Thread: Dejounte traded to the Pelicans!

Seeing Klay in another jersey gonna be weird. Sucks that he’s taken this so personal. Gonna take less money to leave in spite. Nasty 

Cant fault the Warriors for prioritizing PG over Klay. Actually it’s smart even if it leaves the Warriors without both. Fascinated with how this trade would look. Have to imagine a 3rd team would be involved. Tomorrow will tell us everything. Feels like this actually has some legs to it. 

Edited by agarcia34

Who says no?

LA Lakers receive: Jerami Grant

Portland Trail Blazers receive: 2029 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick (top 4 protected), 2031 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick, 2030 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick Swap, Jarred Vanderbilt, Maxwell Lewis

Orlando Magic receive: DeAngelo Russell, 2025 LA Lakers 2nd Round Pick, 2027 LA Lakers 2nd Round Pick

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Who says no?

LA Lakers receive: Jerami Grant

Portland Trail Blazers receive: 2029 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick (top 4 protected), 2031 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick, 2030 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick Swap, Jarred Vanderbilt, Maxwell Lewis

Orlando Magic receive: DeAngelo Russell, 2025 LA Lakers 2nd Round Pick, 2027 LA Lakers 2nd Round Pick

Lakers do.  Lakers aren't giving up any substantial picks for a jump shooting big man who isn't a good defender and doesn't offer much more than pure shooting.  He's probably the exact opposite of what they're targeting.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Consider me skeptical, but if it happens.

They thinking like a James Harden in Philadelphia situation? 1 year discount?

I'm sure the NBPA would be pissed if he opted out to take a big discount, but if he truly wants to win a title then he could opt out and re-sign for like $30 million. That would get them below the luxury tax, and I'm sure the front office would be more willing to trade their available future 1sts if he did that.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

They thinking like a James Harden in Philadelphia situation? 1 year discount?

I'm sure the NBPA would be pissed if he opted out to take a big discount, but if he truly wants to win a title then he could opt out and re-sign for like $30 million. That would get them below the luxury tax, and I'm sure the front office would be more willing to trade their available future 1sts if he did that.

At the end of the day, the NBPA isn't going to do a damn thing.  They're not going to piss off LeBron and they're definitely not going to piss of Rich Paul.  But if LeBron really is only here for 1 more year, it probably benefits him to take a haircut and allow the Lakers to be a bit more flexible.  Not saying he's going to sign for the minimum but dropping down to say $35M/year helps the Lakers a TON.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

At the end of the day, the NBPA isn't going to do a damn thing.  They're not going to piss off LeBron and they're definitely not going to piss of Rich Paul.  But if LeBron really is only here for 1 more year, it probably benefits him to take a haircut and allow the Lakers to be a bit more flexible.  Not saying he's going to sign for the minimum but dropping down to say $35M/year helps the Lakers a TON.

They wouldn't say anything publicly, but having someone of LeBron's stature taking that big of a discount is the opposite of what the NBPA wants. LeBron has earned that right and no one would argue, but they'd be upset behind the scenes for a little bit.

The Lakers did him a huge solid by taking Bronny. Scratch their backs, LeBron. They scratched yours.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

They wouldn't say anything publicly, but having someone of LeBron's stature taking that big of a discount is the opposite of what the NBPA wants. LeBron has earned that right and no one would argue, but they'd be upset behind the scenes for a little bit.

The Lakers did him a huge solid by taking Bronny. Scratch their backs, LeBron. They scratched yours.

I mean, the NBPA didn't really make a whole lot of fuss whenever he took the haircut in Miami to get him and Bosh in a Heat uniform.  I can't imagine that's happening now.  And that latter part might be part of why the Lakers took Bronny.  Everyone gets what they want.  Lakers get breathing room and LeBron gets to play with Bronny.

• 11sanchez11 changed the title to Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!