Jacksonville City council approves new Jaguars Stadium

LinderFournette

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Why they always gotta make the new Stadiums look like such cheap reflective ***?

Sofi stadium is so beautiful bro. The open air flow while sometimes hot as crap! You can sweat 😓 a lot. But when it’s fresh outside it’s so nice. The concerts and venues are amazing! It really is state of the art. 

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Sofi stadium is so beautiful bro. The open air flow while sometimes hot as crap! You can sweat 😓 a lot. But when it’s fresh outside it’s so nice. The concerts and venues are amazing! It really is state of the art. 

Not a fan of SoFi from a personality perspective. It looks so basic inside and out. Just like the Cowboy stadium. Has no character. State of the art everything, sure. 

For new stadiums I really like Las Vegas, the outside and inside has personality and swagger, and lots of Raiders blend to it. I think SoFi and ATT stadiums were too scared to make it team-personality stadiums to milk money from other events. Mark Davis didn’t give af. 

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

SoFi almost stretches it to an extreme in which it's an ugly expression unto itself.  It's just so absurd...it becomes the point of the stadium.  I can almost accept it.  It's Frank Gehry bull****.

But mimicking that is the ugliest possible thing.

Why are people allergic to major public buildings being made of like brick and details and visual weight?  Linear elements, organization, repetition, order, the things that made previous buildings great?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Basically the first phase works exclusively on the upper decks, which will reduce capacity to 43,000 for one season. The second phase will be more extensive and require the Jags to play at a different venue for one season, either in Orlando or Gainsville.

*ahem* London *ahem*

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Not a fan of SoFi from a personality perspective. It looks so basic inside and out. Just like the Cowboy stadium. Has no character. State of the art everything, sure. 

For new stadiums I really like Las Vegas, the outside and inside has personality and swagger, and lots of Raiders blend to it. I think SoFi and ATT stadiums were too scared to make it team-personality stadiums to milk money from other events. Mark Davis didn’t give af. 

Have you been to Sofi! Or just seen it? Because it’s an experience of a lifetime. Ima. Season ticket member. The seats and how close you are is nuts… everyone who I’ve taken has had their mouths opened. 

4 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Have you been to Sofi! Or just seen it? Because it’s an experience of a lifetime. Ima. Season ticket member. The seats and how close you are is nuts… everyone who I’ve taken has had their mouths opened. 

What went in their mouth?

Closeness to the field is a completely separate element of design from how the exterior looks.