Training Camp Thread

27 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I feel like I want to call him Whataburger 

Man I have to get one everytime I'm down in the Springs. Remind me of my childhood trips to Corpus area. Idk if you've ever had one, but I've always tasted "paper bag" flavor is the best way I could describe it. Idk why I crave eating paper bag....

Dammit now Wattenburg better not start or I'm gonna have to up my gas budget. Thanks

17 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

Man I have to get one everytime I'm down in the Springs. Remind me of my childhood trips to Corpus area. Idk if you've ever had one, but I've always tasted "paper bag" flavor is the best way I could describe it. Idk why I crave eating paper bag....

Dammit now Wattenburg better not start or I'm gonna have to up my gas budget. Thanks

I have had a whataburger.  They are good.  But, while I am a bit of a health freak, give me a fast-food burger and some fries, and I am a happy man...tis a a weakness, which is so horrible for you. Mainlining tequila is probably for you; you know, no carbs. 

• Like 1

Seems like Forsyth is getting an opportunity with the 1's today and the O-line is supposedly looking better. 

Also, Zach Wilson seemingly out of the QB competition, being regulated to 3rd string today when it's reported today should have been his day with the 1's. 

49 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Seems like Forsyth is getting an opportunity with the 1's today and the O-line is supposedly looking better. 

Also, Zach Wilson seemingly out of the QB competition, being regulated to 3rd string today when it's reported today should have been his day with the 1's. 

Early starts with the 1's can be misleading. Many times it's giving a player his final chance in the optimum situation. Get it done early in camp and move on.

from your old buddy, Dalton...

Dalton Risner on rookie J.J. McCarthy:

J.J., I mean, I see why they drafted the dude in the first round and at the pick that they did. Because he’s a good dude. He’s a good human being. He’s a stud. I love what they’re doing with him; they’re not just throwing him in the fire right away. I think they’re giving him time to develop. I’d put all my chips on that dude in a couple years, man.”

MinnesotaVikingsPro.com

31 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

J.J., I mean, I see why they drafted the dude in the first round and at the pick that they did. Because he’s a good dude. He’s a good human being. He’s a stud. I love what they’re doing with him; they’re not just throwing him in the fire right away. I think they’re giving him time to develop. I’d put all my chips on that dude in a couple years, man.”

MinnesotaVikingsPro.com

Thanks?... 

3 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Thanks?... 

just coming in to say hello, it's not like i started a new thread or anything.

since both our teams have rookie first round QB's, our futures will be compared often.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

MinnesotaVikingsPro.com

Idk how much you have followed Risner but he's a constant locker room guy. He effectively said the same stuff about Drew Lock and well....we know how that turned out. Not saying JJ won't be good, just saying take specifically Risner's words with a grain of salt

• Like 4

15 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Sutton got a reworked deal can make 2.2 million on top of his base salary honestly I'm not mad at it it's still a steal.

Honestly, I think Sutton expected the front office to cave a little and they didn't flinch. So to help him save face they offered some additional incentives. I was curious whether they were likely or not likely to be earned and this is what I found: (Note: The past 3 years he's averaged 792 yards and has only topped 800 yards once in his career.)

"JULY 30: This is actually a $1.7MM incentive package. A three-tiered setup is now in place for the seventh-year receiver. Sutton can collect $500K if he totals 500 receiving yards and the Broncos improve on their 2023 point total or average yards per pass attempt, KPRC2’s Aaron Wilson tweets. These two conditions are in place for the next two $500K escalators — at 750 and 1,065 yards, respectively. The final $500K bump can also be achieved if Sutton hits 900 receiving yards and the Broncos rank in the top 10 in yards per pass play.

The Broncos scored 357 points last season — well up from their 287-point debacle in 2022 — and saw Russell Wilson average 6.9 yards per attempt (21st). The final $200K would be available if the Broncos snap their playoff drought and Sutton either hits 1,500 receiving yards (his career high is 1,112, which came in 2019) or scores 10 touchdowns. Sutton did finish with 10 TD grabs last season."

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Honestly, I think Sutton expected the front office to cave a little and they didn't flinch. So to help him save face they offered some additional incentives. I was curious whether they were likely or not likely to be earned and this is what I found: (Note: The past 3 years he's averaged 792 yards and has only topped 800 yards once in his career.)

"JULY 30: This is actually a $1.7MM incentive package. A three-tiered setup is now in place for the seventh-year receiver. Sutton can collect $500K if he totals 500 receiving yards and the Broncos improve on their 2023 point total or average yards per pass attempt, KPRC2’s Aaron Wilson tweets. These two conditions are in place for the next two $500K escalators — at 750 and 1,065 yards, respectively. The final $500K bump can also be achieved if Sutton hits 900 receiving yards and the Broncos rank in the top 10 in yards per pass play.

The Broncos scored 357 points last season — well up from their 287-point debacle in 2022 — and saw Russell Wilson average 6.9 yards per attempt (21st). The final $200K would be available if the Broncos snap their playoff drought and Sutton either hits 1,500 receiving yards (his career high is 1,112, which came in 2019) or scores 10 touchdowns. Sutton did finish with 10 TD grabs last season."

it really is a genuis move by our front office stay in a players good graces, yet stand firm that we're not gonna cave on a signed and agreed to contract. You don't wanna set a bad precedent and this does none of that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AKRNA said:

That’s the same argument I’ve been making since May. I don’t know if Nix will pan out long term, I’ll need to see him in real games against real defenses, before I will say his ceiling is higher than average/journeyman starter. But sitting him when, as I and others including the reporter in the article linked have said, his selling points where maturity, experience, and processing absolute, makes no sense. 

Nix, even though he’s been at best hit and miss from the litany of reports I’ve read, should not only start he should be given the majority if not all of the first team reps beginning tomorrow. Sean should be a good enough coach to recognize that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

That’s the same argument I’ve been making since May. I don’t know if Nix will pan out long term, I’ll need to see him in real games against real defenses, before I will say his ceiling is higher than average/journeyman starter. But sitting him when, as I and others including the reporter in the article linked have said, his selling points where maturity, experience, and processing absolute, makes no sense. 

Nix, even though he’s been at best hit and miss from the litany of reports I’ve read, should not only start he should be given the majority if not all of the first team reps beginning tomorrow. Sean should be a good enough coach to recognize that. 

Keep in mind, the article also said if he really wasn't ready yet Stidham's a good guy to keep the chair warm for him.

I'm really pleased at the emphasis they've been  putting on the OL and running game. That will make a huge difference.