Brandon Aiyuk……do you want him?

He literally wants to play with his buddy, or stay in SF, play out the season, and then go play with his buddy.  That’s where we are right now.  

Adam Peters is calling the bluff.  There’s no way the 49ers get value if Aiyuk doesn’t agree to an extension, and he’s too important for their playoff run.  I’m going to ruffle a few feathers here, but we are not one receiver away, Aiyuk is not going to put us firmly into the playoff race.  While it would be nice to have him with Daniels for his rookie season, I’m perfectly fine with holding all of the picks and signing Aiyuk as a free agent.  

• Like 2

On 8/10/2024 at 6:07 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

He literally wants to play with his buddy, or stay in SF, play out the season, and then go play with his buddy.  That’s where we are right now.  

Adam Peters is calling the bluff.  There’s no way the 49ers get value if Aiyuk doesn’t agree to an extension, and he’s too important for their playoff run.  I’m going to ruffle a few feathers here, but we are not one receiver away, Aiyuk is not going to put us firmly into the playoff race.  While it would be nice to have him with Daniels for his rookie season, I’m perfectly fine with holding all of the picks and signing Aiyuk as a free agent.  

I agree, it’s much more likely that Aiyuk signs with us next offseason. I think it’s pretty likely actually.

I would think he would be our top target in FA outside of maybe getting a new RT to replace Wylie who I assume we will cut after this year unless he shocks us all and plays well and upgrades at CB.

11 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

32 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

What a clown 

Considering the source of the tweet and looking everywhere else.... I don't think it's real. I can't find where he's actually said anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I still don’t see Aiyuk being traded this season. I guess we’ll see.

I don’t have any idea what’s gonna happen. It’s been endless circles. That said I never really felt they would. I’d love him on this team. But we’d have to rob them. Maybe even mid season. But I’d doubt that if San Fran is not getting hit with injuries hard or something

27 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I don’t have any idea what’s gonna happen. It’s been endless circles. That said I never really felt they would. I’d love him on this team. But we’d have to rob them. Maybe even mid season. But I’d doubt that if San Fran is not getting hit with injuries hard or something

I’ve always had the opinion that unless San Fran is getting back a good WR, at least a #2 type, then they’re not going to trade Aiyuk this season. They’re trying to win the Super Bowl this year. They’re not going to trade Aiyuk just for draft picks or a WR who isn’t at least a clear #2 plus picks. If it doesn’t help the 49ers at least remain a SB contender, then they’re not trading Aiyuk.

I mean from us you’d have to image they’re not trading Aiyuk unless they get Terry in return, and I don’t see Peter’s doing that.

For the Steelers it’s already been reported that the 49ers want back Pickens in return and it doesn’t seem the Steelers are willing to do that and it doesn’t seem clear that Aiyuk would re-sign with them next year.

For the Browns, see above just replace Pickens with Cooper & Aiyuk has said he won’t re-sign in CLE if he’s traded there.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I still don’t see Aiyuk being traded this season. I guess we’ll see.

A deal is in place for Aiyuk to go to Pittsburgh. They also have a contract offer extended to him. Sounds like he gets to choose between Pitt and SF.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

🙏

Me hoping we offer Jahan Dotson & a day 2 or 3 draft pick, for BA.

One can dream, right?

Offering that is one thing, the 49ers accepting that is another thing. I don’t know why they would. Again, they’re trying to win the Super Bowl. Aiyuk clearly helps them get there. Dotson may or may not. From Dotson’s first two years is production is about 1/2 of what Aiyuk’s is. That being the case, I don’t know why the 49ers would make that trade.

It’s not about us. It’s about what the 49ers need and want at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

A deal is in place for Aiyuk to go to Pittsburgh. They also have a contract offer extended to him. Sounds like he gets to choose between Pitt and SF.

Interesting. I hadn’t see that. You’d have to think it includes Pickens which I heard from a Steelers Beat Reporter who was on BMitch & Finlay that the Steelers weren’t willing to trade Pickens but, maybe they’ve changed their mind on that.

As I said in the news thread, if I am Pittsburgh, Aiyuk has to sign that contract before I make the trade.  I would not trust him to go through the season without an extension at this point, trying to force his way to Washington.  

• Like 1