Jaguars LB Josh Allen changes last name to Hines-Allen

Manny/Patrick

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I do think some Titans fans overrate him, but saying McNair wasn't good is a little much.

Not sure if just trolling, though.

I'm responding to Ruskie.

That should tell you my intentions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's to separate himself from Josh Allen, the QB from Buffalo. No matter how good a DE is, people are going to gravitate to the QB.

I get how good QB play is foreign to you - the last time the Titans had a good QB was in 1993, when they weren't even the Titans. But yeah, even if you're good at DE, the QB with the same name is going to get the attention, because this is a QB driven league.

(Waits for you to cobble together a bunch of stats from random Ryan Tannehill games and say "see, if these were consecutive games in a single season, he'd be as good as Josh Allen...")

As you start to age and your memory begins to fade (No shame about that - we're seeing a lot of it right now), I encourage you to refresh your NFL memory and/or learn new things about the great sport of football, such as:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=1698744

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

As you start to age and your memory begins to fade (No shame about that - we're seeing a lot of it right now), I encourage you to refresh your NFL memory and/or learn new things about the great sport of football, such as:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=1698744

Oh so one season suddenly makes up for a career 59% completion rating as a Titan. We created the phrase "Hall of Very Good" for Steve. 

And you'll have to forgive me, I only seem to remember the three consecutive Top 10 busts the Titans drafted (Titans QB, Jake Locker, Marcus Mariota). My memory IS bad, but I distinctly remember that streak of futility - that's got to be a record of some sort, going 0/3 at QB when picking that high!

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's to separate himself from Josh Allen, the QB from Buffalo. No matter how good a DE is, people are going to gravitate to the QB.

I get how good QB play is foreign to you - the last time the Titans had a good QB was in 1993, when they weren't even the Titans. But yeah, even if you're good at DE, the QB with the same name is going to get the attention, because this is a QB driven league.

(Waits for you to cobble together a bunch of stats from random Ryan Tannehill games and say "see, if these were consecutive games in a single season, he'd be as good as Josh Allen...")

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Oh so one season suddenly makes up for a career 59% completion rating as a Titan. We created the phrase "Hall of Very Good" for Steve

And you'll have to forgive me, I only seem to remember the three consecutive Top 10 busts the Titans drafted (Titans QB, Jake Locker, Marcus Mariota). My memory IS bad, but I distinctly remember that streak of futility - that's got to be a record of some sort, going 0/3 at QB when picking that high!

BGkHlR.gif

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2024 at 1:08 PM, ET80 said:

Steve McNair was pretty good I thought

3 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

And yet the Adrian Peterson who played for the Bears never did anything like this.

Early on in life, I'd get home late night from the bar and pull up my fantasy football league and add Bears Adrian Peterson. Knowing the rest of my league mates were likely as drunk as I was at the time, I'd offer up Bears Adrian Peterson for someone like Andre Johnson or Steve Smith.

It never worked, but I got a good chortle out of it. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 12:53 PM, BeaReylo said:

Wow, I never even knew there was another player named Josh Allen until now?

the edge Josh Allen is the quarterback Josh Allens father.

I mean 2021 jags-bills and defensive Josh had a sack, int and fumble recovery of a Josh Allen fumble.