2024 Keeper Help

On 7/16/2024 at 10:51 AM, AFF said:

Alright…I can keep 2 players.

10 team…full ppr…start 2 QBs…3 RBs…3 WRs…1 TE but it’s 1.5 PPR for them.

My options are:

-Anthony Richardson for a 11th

-Devon Achane for a 10th

-Dak for a 5th

-Derrick Henry for a 3rd

I kinda tanked last year and acquired an additional 1st and 3rd but don’t have a 4th and don’t know where my picks will be yet…I expect a decent amount of RBs kept due to having to start 3….Kyren and Rashard White are already being kept.

Thanks in advance.

Achane is one of the best young RB's in football. No brainer to keep him. Richardson looks like he could be a solid fantasy play if he can remain healthy. Not sure if that will equate to being a good QB, but his rushing yards this year will keep him a solid play. 

4 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Achane is one of the best young RB's in football. No brainer to keep him. Richardson looks like he could be a solid fantasy play if he can remain healthy. Not sure if that will equate to being a good QB, but his rushing yards this year will keep him a solid play. 

To add to this these players have also been kept…CJ stroud/Brock Purdy/Cousins….Pacheco/CD Lamb/Puka/London/Jayden Reed

the only other possibility is Dak for a 5th instead of Achane but that would be contingent on where my 2 1st rounders would be.

4 minutes ago, AFF said:

To add to this these players have also been kept…CJ stroud/Brock Purdy/Cousins….Pacheco/CD Lamb/Puka/London/Jayden Reed

the only other possibility is Dak for a 5th instead of Achane but that would be contingent on where my 2 1st rounders would be.

Movie gif. Jim Carrey as Lloyd Christmas in Dumb and Dumber realizing until he begins to gag, horrified to revulsion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Movie gif. Jim Carrey as Lloyd Christmas in Dumb and Dumber realizing until he begins to gag, horrified to revulsion.

It’s a superflex league and he was QB3 last year…not sure why it wouldn’t be a solid pick if I chose to go that route.

41 minutes ago, AFF said:

It’s a superflex league and he was QB3 last year…not sure why it wouldn’t be a solid pick if I chose to go that route.

5th vs 10th round pick. Achane is 22 and has the potential to be a top tier RB for the next several years playing for one of the best offensive minds in football. Also sounds like Achane is going to be used much more as a receiving threat this year as well, which will boost his PPR value even more. 

The Cowboys are starting to feel like a team that may start stagnating a bit. Their RB situation is rough. Lamb is a beast, but outside of that, Dallas just doesn't have much talent on offense at this point. If anything I'd consider Dak over Richardson before I consider him over Achane (which I wouldn't). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFF said:

Its Superflex so its still solid value, but the value of getting a top 30 player with a 10th round pick is such a boost to a team.  If you keep Dak, you are giving up a starter in the 5th round of the draft.  If you keep Achane, you get that starter back to boost your team.  Keeper/Dynasty isn't about who is the best player, its about the best value to build a team around.  Plus you will be keeping Richardson for nothing and have 2 first round picks so you can snag a QB there with one of those if there are no other insane values that drop to you. 

I don't expect Dak to match last year either, and neither do many others hence why he is QB8 in redraft leagues.  Still a solid value for a keeper league but Achane and AR are both insane values this year still would be potential keepers next year.  

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Its Superflex so its still solid value, but the value of getting a top 30 player with a 10th round pick is such a boost to a team.  If you keep Dak, you are giving up a starter in the 5th round of the draft.  If you keep Achane, you get that starter back to boost your team.  Keeper/Dynasty isn't about who is the best player, its about the best value to build a team around.  Plus you will be keeping Richardson for nothing and have 2 first round picks so you can snag a QB there with one of those if there are no other insane values that drop to you. 

I don't expect Dak to match last year either, and neither do many others hence why he is QB8 in redraft leagues.  Still a solid value for a keeper league but Achane and AR are both insane values this year still would be potential keepers next year.  

I’m higher on Dak than most but I understand the value of the 5th vs 10th…I just didn’t think Dak was a bad value.

Locked in Keepers:

Breece Hall
Amon Ra St Brown

Potentials:

DeVon Achane
Nico Collins

We start 3 WR's and 2 RB's and have two flex (RB/WR/TE) spots. No round value. Guys kept are just slotted in to rounds 1-3. I have pick 3 in the 4th round and MAY have a shot at Marvin Harrison Jr. 

35 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Locked in Keepers:

Breece Hall
Amon Ra St Brown

Potentials:

DeVon Achane
Nico Collins

We start 3 WR's and 2 RB's and have two flex (RB/WR/TE) spots. No round value. Guys kept are just slotted in to rounds 1-3. I have pick 3 in the 4th round and MAY have a shot at Marvin Harrison Jr. 

I would go Achane and it isn't super close.  But as I have stated in other threads, I am down on Houston players just because there are too many mouths to feed and they all likely take a step back with Tank going up a little in total but down in PPG.  That being said Achane has a bunch of competition for carries in that backfield but he was far and away the best RB of them when healthy.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Locked in Keepers:

Breece Hall
Amon Ra St Brown

Potentials:

DeVon Achane
Nico Collins

Easily Achane. I don't trust that Nico is going to eat like he did last year with Diggs, Mixon, and Dell (injury changed thing last year) in the mix this year. Breece Hall and De'von Achane is about as good of a young RB combo as one could hope for in a Keeper/Dynasty type format at this point. Both should be plug and play RB1 type players for years to come. Likely will be able to find a comparable WR to Collins in the draft. 

• Like 1

I'm in a 12 man, 0.5 PPR two keeper league. Here's my options and the associated pick I lose this season if I kept that player (Draft order is TBD):

• QB Patrick Mahomes -> 2nd rounder
  • RB Jonathan Taylor -> 4th rounder
  • WR Diontae Johnson -> 6th rounder
  • RB Brian Robinson Jr -> 7th rounder
  • TE Trey McBride -> 8th rounder
  • QB Jordan Love -> 8th rounder
  • RB Jerome Ford -> 8th rounder
  • RB De'Von Achane -> 9th rounder

I am most definitely leaning towards JT w/ 4th and Achane w/ 9th, but wanted to confirm my choices here. McBride or Love in the 8th is slightly tempting too.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm in a 12 man, 0.5 PPR two keeper league. Here's my options and the associated pick I lose this season if I kept that player (Draft order is TBD):

• QB Patrick Mahomes -> 2nd rounder
  • RB Jonathan Taylor -> 4th rounder
  • WR Diontae Johnson -> 6th rounder
  • RB Brian Robinson Jr -> 7th rounder
  • TE Trey McBride -> 8th rounder
  • QB Jordan Love -> 8th rounder
  • RB Jerome Ford -> 8th rounder
  • RB De'Von Achane -> 9th rounder

I am most definitely leaning towards JT w/ 4th and Achane w/ 9th, but wanted to confirm my choices here. McBride or Love in the 8th is slightly tempting too.

Taylor for sure.  Achane or McBride.  I'd lean McBride to get a top 5 at the TE position, especially if players like LaPorta, Kincaid, Andrews get kept

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Taylor for sure.  Achane or McBride.  I'd lean McBride to get a top 5 at the TE position, especially if players like LaPorta, Kincaid, Andrews get kept

I guess I'm so traditional in the sense that I always favor RBs over anything else. I think Achane has the potential to be the best fantasy back in all of football. Opportunity and health will be the only thing holding him back imo. 

But I totally get the McBride thought. Dude was a top tier TE for me after he took over.