Training Camp 2024

Madmike90

5 hours ago, JibjeResearch said:

Velus played RB for 2-4 years at USC.

It's good to make him a RB/WR/KR.  Now, he needs to play like one and not be a bust lolz🤣 

I'm a USC fan...  don't like seeing SC players failed in the NFL.

Maybe when you say you're a USC fan you mean South Carolina because Jones absolutely did not "play RB" at USC. As an actual USC fan I can tell you that he probably had 15 carries in 4 years there, went to Tennessee and then got drafted. The common denominator is that he couldn't catch at either school and that has carried to the NFL

9 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Maybe when you say you're a USC fan you mean South Carolina because Jones absolutely did not "play RB" at USC. As an actual USC fan I can tell you that he probably had 15 carries in 4 years there, went to Tennessee and then got drafted. The common denominator is that he couldn't catch at either school and that has carried to the NFL

RB has always made sense for him IMO. Suspect hands as a receiver but electric speed and runs with some power? That SCREAMS sub package RB and KR to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

RB has always made sense for him IMO. Suspect hands as a receiver but electric speed and runs with some power? That SCREAMS sub package RB and KR to me. 

Makes that room very interesting especially when you consider Herbert come into the HoF game as basically RB #3...you put Velus in there as well and is that a room of Swift & Herbert as the top two with Johnson & Velus as depth/ST...or do they see Herbert as a tradable piece and you have Swift as more of an every down guy which Johnson in on 3rd down for pass pro...Velus/Homer as depth/ST...one of the more fluid rooms with this move IMO and if they can get something solid for Herbert they might just bite (personally I would prefer we have as much talent in the backfield as possible for Caleb's rookie year)

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Makes that room very interesting especially when you consider Herbert come into the HoF game as basically RB #3...you put Velus in there as well and is that a room of Swift & Herbert as the top two with Johnson & Velus as depth/ST...or do they see Herbert as a tradable piece and you have Swift as more of an every down guy which Johnson in on 3rd down for pass pro...Velus/Homer as depth/ST...one of the more fluid rooms with this move IMO and if they can get something solid for Herbert they might just bite (personally I would prefer we have as much talent in the backfield as possible for Caleb's rookie year)

I think the standing assumption for most is that Homer is pretty safe both as a solid ST guy and also as a former Waldron guy, but he gives you nothing on offense. Velus plays coverage teams too and gives you something on offense even if it’s niche. If what Homer provides on coverage is entirely replaceable by Collin Johnson (who at least might give you something as an offensive depth piece) or some depth guy on defense then Homer might not be nearly as secure as he’s thought to be. 

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

https://x.com/gbraggsjr23/status/1821193738728960122?s=46

Yeah but family tragedy and it's early yet and blah blah blah

Same post but embedded.  If you want to embed just go to 3 dots in top right corner and copy and paste the embed link.

If you can't get to 3 dots (which it won't if viewing on app).

Just go to Twitter in browser instead and it works there.

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think the standing assumption for most is that Homer is pretty safe both as a solid ST guy and also as a former Waldron guy, but he gives you nothing on offense. Velus plays coverage teams too and gives you something on offense even if it’s niche. If what Homer provides on coverage is entirely replaceable by Collin Johnson (who at least might give you something as an offensive depth piece) or some depth guy on defense then Homer might not be nearly as secure as he’s thought to be. 

I fail to see the point of Homer on team.  I did last year as well.

He is a way below avg. RB and he isn't a special teams Ace.  Highly replaceable player.

At least Velus brings a home run threat on KRs and any time he has ball in his hands.

• Like 1

I predicted Nate Davis may be villain of camp.  But he has surpassed my expectations.

If I was him I would either be practicing or shouting from rooftops I have a legit injury.  I don't care if Bears tell me not to.  

I couldn't stand all the hate.   From Flus comments, it honestly doesn't seem it is all that serious.  This guy may be just mailing it in and doing bare minimum to get paid.

If it is a serious injury Bears are hanging him out to dry.

• Like 1

Starting next week and if no Davis practicing this is probably my named starting Oline on depth chart.  I'd rather have Bates at C and Nate at RG, but that's way cookie crumbles.   

Kind of stupid we moved Jenkins to leftside to accommodate Davis now in hindsight when he was kicking butt on right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Same post but embedded.  If you want to embed just go to 3 dots in top right corner and copy and paste the embed link.

If you can't get to 3 dots (which it won't if viewing on app).

Just go to Twitter in browser instead and it works there.

Alright, why in the hell didn't they cut him and sign Connor Williams at 1 year 6 million?  

10 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Alright, why in the hell didn't they cut him and sign Connor Williams at 1 year 6 million?  

Probably because he is coming off an injury and might be no good until half way through year.  

They are also hoping until probably last week that Davis was going to come around and they could play Bates at C backed by Shelton with Davis at RG as planned.   

Davis still might be starting RG.   Likely even.   I guess we will see how it plays out.   Each week that goes by looks worse though.   

Just from reading tweets and watching youtube on camp from various fans and reporters.   (Which are often wrong - wish I could see for myself, but I have to work).

It seems these are main takeaways to date:

Jaylon Johnson on Sweat are two best players on field.  Nobody can block Sweat and Jaylon is shutting people down.  Allen reported he hadn't even had a catch on him until recently.  

To a lessor extent Dexter is causing a lot of problems.  He is using his height to disrupt pocket and bat down balls.

Oline is getting wrong end of stick overall to D line and making life hard on offense.  This is limiting highlights we see to Moore, Allen and Odunze in team who seem to be as advertised in 1 on 1s.  

Caleb is a work in progress, but has some exceptional highlights.  Particularly on the move with his arm.  More so than in pocket.