Training Camp 2024

Madmike90

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Because he's still receiving guaranteed money through 2024.  They can cut him but they'd still have to pay him unless he signs elsewhere and he has offset language in his contract.  But even then a team could pay him a vet minimum and the Bears would still be on the hook for the rest.  Looks to me like we cut a bad deal for this guy.

It shouldn't matter.  This team's culture is all about guys being "grinders".  It was literally the first thing we saw Eberflus say at training camp on hard knocks.  Get rid of the dude, make an example of him.

2 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

It shouldn't matter.  This team's culture is all about guys being "grinders".  It was literally the first thing we saw Eberflus say at training camp on hard knocks.  Get rid of the dude, make an example of him.

Not disagreeing, but benching him and his $10M salary sends a similar message too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Not disagreeing, but benching him and his $10M salary sends a similar message too. 

He lacks self awareness if he doesn’t see that coming real soon.  Still time to turn things around, but he needs to see writing on wall.

My concern is other people start sitting out practices with boo boos because they see him getting away with it.   

That is what people call a cancer.  Cancer spreads.  Flus and Poles better keep an eye on it.

• Like 1

I also see a pattern with Bears.  If you sit out a practice with an injury they do a ‘ramp up’ when you come back.  A ramp up is a worthless practice.  You are just there and not doing anything of note.  Mental reps are mostly worthless IMO. 

So if you need a day because ankle hurts or whatever, which happens, it’s football, it ends up being two or more days of missed practice.  

I don’t like it. At all.  That isn’t always necessary.  

Speaking of mental reps.  I hate them.  Good HS and college programs have multiple units getting reps in practice. Not just one unit and everyone else mostly watches.  There are many ways to do this.  

I hate way NFL or Bears practice in many ways.  It is inefficient.  It hurts your depth.  It doesn’t develop well. 

14 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Greg Gabriel talking about someone being made to look like a fool is some ironic s***

He likes to talk on twitter.  Doesn’t always come off very well.  

21 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I don't really know and I don't care.  Still seems like this guy (Ricky) did/does have a source.   I also maintain the daBears blog guy does too.  

Just here for the popcorn.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

https://x.com/danwiederer/status/1821576554805420078?s=46

It's August 8 but it's also been quite a few practices. Bullet point no. 1 isn't ideal to read

With things like that (ball not coming out fast enough) I always ask; According to who?

Is it just a beat reporters opinion? Or are the coaches actually saying this? Because we dont really know what they are telling Caleb right now. We dont know what they are throwing at him. They could be going real hard on him with disguises so he can learn what to pick up on now instead of in the middle of week one. They could be completely limiting his scramble/improvising opportunities right now, forcing the learning curve, and then will unleash that side as we get into real game flow

Or he is still a rookie that has never taken an NFL snap, and pretending hes going to come out perfect in his first Training Camp is a crazy expectation at this point. Theoretically, this should be the worst version of Caleb Williams in the NFL, maybe lets actually see what that is before we start walking into Lake Michigan

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

With things like that (ball not coming out fast enough) I always ask; According to who?

Is it just a beat reporters opinion? Or are the coaches actually saying this? Because we dont really know what they are telling Caleb right now. We dont know what they are throwing at him. They could be going real hard on him with disguises so he can learn what to pick up on now instead of in the middle of week one. They could be completely limiting his scramble/improvising opportunities right now, forcing the learning curve, and then will unleash that side as we get into real game flow

Or he is still a rookie that has never taken an NFL snap, and pretending hes going to come out perfect in his first Training Camp is a crazy expectation at this point. Theoretically, this should be the worst version of Caleb Williams in the NFL, maybe lets actually see what that is before we start walking into Lake Michigan

All I said was "not ideal to read." Certainly I'm not panicking, calling him a bust, or walking into a lake

I do wish I'd read that the offense got the better of the defense once a month however

32 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

All I said was "not ideal to read." Certainly I'm not panicking, calling him a bust, or walking into a lake

I do wish I'd read that the offense got the better of the defense once a month however

It wasnt you, it was how media guys portray it.