Training Camp 2024

Madmike90

15 hours ago, Sugashane said:

He has wrist soreness from writing out his shopping list when that guaranteed cash hits his account.

I was hoping hold out would last a bit.  

20 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If you had the over, go to the window to collect your earnings

Davis got hurt today

I feel bad if he is really hurt, but he has really built for himself a poor reputation with fans and maybe now coaches.  No one is giving him the benefit of doubt. 

I would have told him.  He should have never sat out all those practices last year.  Grieving or no.  He came and just watched many.  He should have practiced or stayed home and took the fines.  

That with reported TN coaches attitude about him have gotten him off to a really rocky start with Bears fans.   Particularly because Oline has been suffering and he was supposed to go a long way to fixing it.  

This may be turning into a large miss on Poles ledger.  

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I feel bad if he is really hurt, but he has really built for himself a poor reputation with fans and maybe now coaches.  No one is giving him the benefit of doubt. 

I would have told him.  He should have never sat out all those practices last year.  Grieving or no.  He came and just watched many.  He should have practiced or stayed home and took the fines.  

That with reported TN coaches attitude about him have gotten him off to a really rocky start with Bears fans.   Particularly because Oline has been suffering and he was supposed to go a long way to fixing it.  

This may be turning into a large miss on Poles ledger.  

I'm not sure I would call Davis a large miss...Claypool was a large miss...

Davis is just a guy who doesn't seem to love the game and won't push himself through knocks...cutting him next offseason costs us $2 million in dead cap but saves us $9.5 million...I see no ways he is still here after this year...I am pretty convinced we have a fully different interior OL to start the 2025 season.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that Scott made a quicker connection with CW than JonesJr.... but I like it.... Scott is basically a Mooney variant.

Bates should be the Center because he's a leader.

I still can't believe we have this group of WRs lolz ahahah🤣

2 hours ago, JibjeResearch said:

I'm surprised that Scott made a quicker connection with CW than JonesJr.... but I like it.... Scott is basically a Mooney variant.

I'm not. Scott may not ever be a good pro, but he is at least an actual football player. Jones is a track star in football pads.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm not. Scott may not ever be a good pro, but he is at least an actual football player. Jones is a track star in football pads.

A lot of people on Twitter are saying Jones had a big day last practice.

23 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm not sure I would call Davis a large miss...Claypool was a large miss...

Davis is just a guy who doesn't seem to love the game and won't push himself through knocks...cutting him next offseason costs us $2 million in dead cap but saves us $9.5 million...I see no ways he is still here after this year...I am pretty convinced we have a fully different interior OL to start the 2025 season.

Davis is being paid as 10th highest paid RG in NFL.   He missed multiple games and most of camp last year and didn't play well.

He then sat out OTAs and is already missing time.   His signing also forced moving Jenkins from right (where he was playing very well) to left (another move for him). 

His being out has already put you into Oline plan B territory.  Forcing you to take Bates off center where you want him and move him to guard.   Bates has little experience at C and those reps are vitally important.   

Al the merry go round shifting of positions has not helped build any contiunity.  It is showing as by most accounts our Dline has been dominating our Oline to date in camp.  And we don't have one of best Dlines in NFL.  Probably 3rd best in our division.  

I would say at moment it looks like a large miss to me.

Edited by dll2000