College Football 25 Dynasty - Kent State Golden Flashes

8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't know if it was a glitch or what but it didn't give me the opportunity to change ATHs position at Position Changes. They weren't even shown on the roster and then suddenly 2 weeks later there they were on the roster. Bizarre. So it assigned Turbin a QB, Ismail is a TE and Shelby is an OC. 

You can change them in the position changes. You have to sort them for position twice for them to show on the top. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

So I got home from vacation and now OneDrive isn't recognizing pictures from Xbox anymore. Not sure what to do.

Did you try turning it off and back on again 

20 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

So I got home from vacation and now OneDrive isn't recognizing pictures from Xbox anymore. Not sure what to do.

Could be limited space available?

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Could be limited space available?

No I deleted all the previous photos in the file and it still doesn't work. Something must have changed after that big Microsoft screw up last week. 

YEAR 2 COACHING STAFF

Head Coach Marcellus Wallace - 2nd Year with Kent State

b1aMyzC.png

Abilities: 

Recruiter Unlocked

Recruiter - Receiving Game (WR/TE) - 4/4

Recruiter - Blocking (OL) - 4/4

Recruiter - Secondary (DB) - 4/4

Recruiter - Defensive Line (DL) - 2/4

Motivator Unlocked

Motivator - Blocking (OL) - 3/4

Tactician Unlocked

Offensive Coordinator Bren Long - 2nd Year with Kent State

JVq9NSG.png

Abilities: 

Motivator Unlocked

Motivator - Passing Game (QB) - 1/4

Motivator - Running Game (RB/FB) - 1/4

Motivator - Receiving Game (WR/TE) - 1/4

Motivator - Blocking (OL) - 1/4

Scheme Guru Unlocked

Scheme Guru - Passing Game (QB) - 2/4

Scheme Guru - Running Game (RB/FB) - 2/4

Scheme Guru - Receiving Game (WR/TE) - 2/4

Scheme Guru - Blocking Game (OL) - 2/4

Scheme Guru - Fast Tempo Offense - 1/4

Scheme Guru - Pass Game Offense - 2/4

Scheme Guru - Ground & Pound Offense - 1/4

Scheme Guru - Discipline/Communication on Offense - 3/4

Scheme Guru - Pass Game Defense - 1/4

Defensive Coordinator Leonardo Guerrero - 1st Year with Kent State

glSBvu8.png

Abilities: 

Motivator Unlocked

Motivator - Passing Game (QB) - 1/4

Motivator - Running Game (RB/FB) - 2/4

Motivator - Receiving Game (WR/TE) - 1/4

Motivator - Blocking (OL) - 1/4

Motivator - Secondary (DB) - 1/4

Scheme Guru Unlocked

Scheme Guru - Passing Game (QB) - 1/4

Scheme Guru - Running Game (RB/FB) - 2/4

Scheme Guru - Receiving Game (WR/TE) - 2/4

Scheme Guru - Blocking (OL) - 2/4

Scheme Guru - Secondary (DB) - 1/4

Scheme Guru - Fast Tempo Offense - 2/4

Scheme Guru - Pass Game Offense - 1/4

Scheme Guru - Ground & Pound Offense - 1/4

Scheme Guru - Discipline/Communication on Offense - 2/4

Scheme Guru - Discipline/Communication on Defense - 2/4

Its kind of weird that most of my defensive coordinator's abilities are on offense. 

Preseason Recruiting - Year 2

KRXlXqr.png

- Joining the Big 10 gives me another thing to pitch recruits with. Its really my best selling point other than Location and Playing Time. My Coach Prestige is also quite high already. Not sure that will hold up if I lose a lot of games this year. 

- Improving to a 2 Star program this year should help with recruiting a lot. 

Team Needs

E8qj59r.png

- It says I need 2 QBs to add to the roster but with Turbin as the heir apparent and Sherrod a solid backup I don't consider QB a huge need this year. Grabbing a QB is always a decent idea but I won't spend a ton of resources on it. 

- I consider HB to be a major need this cycle as my starter Garcia is a Senior and I don't really have any stand outs on the roster to take over his spot. Adding 2 new HBs to the roster would be ideal. 

- WR is one of the biggest needs I have this recruiting cycle. Thankfully my top WR is only a Junior, but my #2 was a transfer and is a Senior, and literally all of my other WRs are terrible. I plan to spend a lot of resources on this and hopefully land a 4 star immediate impact player at the position. 

- TE isn't considered a huge need. Muamba should be a 4 year starter and is just a Freshman, and Abram should be a solid backup next year. Adding depth here couldn't hurt but it isn't a priority this year. 

- Both starters at LT and RT are graduating and I don't have a lot of talent behind them. OT is one of my biggest needs this cycle and will be a major focus. 

- 2 of my 4 Guards on the roster are graduating so this is a need despite using a lot of resources on the position last year. Hopefully redshirted Freshman Kozlowski will develop and will be able to start at on of the spots next year. Junior Farrell should be back to start at RG next year but I need someone to develop behind him to start the year after that. 

- At Center, I brought in Leonhardt and Shelby last year plus my two top guys at the position are Juniors. Centers is not a need position and deep enough that I may be able to shift one to Guard next year if necessary. 

lE3E0sY.png

- I'm losing my top 3 DEs to graduation including Stephen Daley who's probably the best player on my roster. I do have Freshman Griffen that is redshirting and if he develops maybe he can start at one of the spots. Other than that I don't have a lot of talent here and I consider DE a huge need this recruiting cycle. Adding 2-3 new DEs to the roster would be ideal. 

- Freshman Anthony Shields will start at the nose of my 3-3-5 scheme for the next 4 year and in that scheme I don't expect much playing time for many other DTs. Some depth here couldn't hurt but DT is not considered a need this cycle. 

- My outside linebackers suck all around. Junior transfer Siale Esera will likely start for 2 years but I have nothing at the other OLB spot and my depth here sucks too. Honestly I need to add like 4 new linebackers to the roster if possible. 

- Freshman MLB Zach Hess is the most athletic linebacker I have on the roster but he's super raw. I expect he will start for 4 years though and his backup is also a redshirt Freshman (although he's pretty terrible as a backup). Some depth here would help if I could land someone but with so many other needs I will likely have to spend resources elsewhere this year. 

- My top CB is graduating and the rest of my guys here are pretty raw. I don't expect any of the CBs I signed last year to be a top end starter so if I could land a high end recruit to eventually be my #1 CB that would be a huge addition to the roster. 

- I have a couple of young Safeties that will be around for another 2 years so it isn't a pressing need. I'm also redshirting FS Parker who should contribute eventually as well. I'd like to grab a SS to develop if possible but Safety isn't seen as a huge need this year. 

- I need to grab a Kicker with a big leg if possible as well. 

Year 2 - Week 1

KmR9zmN.png

Michigan absolutely destroyed me in my first real challenge. Welcome to the Big 10. I couldn't run the ball at all so I had to abandon that completely and just throw on every down. That led to QB Ulatowski throwing 3 INTs to only 1 TD, but a respectable 329 yards. The game pulled the starters in the 4th and I threw another 3 INTs with my backup QB, but none of my scrub backup WRs got any separation at all so I don't really blame the backup QB. WR McCray put up solid numbers with 178 receiving yards and a TD, while Freshman TE Muamba made his first start with 106 yards of his own. Muamba is going to be really good he was open a lot against probably the best defense in the country. My defense really couldn't stop them at all. Honestly if Michigan threw the ball more they would have scored 70+ on me, my secondary couldn't stay with their WRs at all. I actually did a solid job slowing down their running game. Freshman MLB Zach Hess had 2 TFLs, but no one had any sacks. 

Bummer result but pretty much what I expected. Honestly I'm glad I got blown out because last year was too easy in the MAC. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Year 2 - Week 2

Xpm8OtO.png

Its such a weird glitch but the box scores are blank when you play an FCS team. This game was way too close for an opponent I should have dominated. I turned the ball over a ton which kept the game unnecessarily close. 3 INTs from QB Ulatowski and a fumble from HB Garcia allowed them to score 3 defensive TDs on me. My terrible WR core is really hurting me, other than WR McCray and TE Muamba no one gets consistently open. WR Parker, the senior transfer, had a solid game with 5 receptions for 103 yards and a TD, but 57 of those yards came on a single play. WR McCray had 7 receptions for only 80 yards and a TD, but Freshman TE Muamba had 150 yards, 10 receptions and 2 TDs. I may have been forcing the ball to Muamba too much, and getting away from the running game too much in this one which also lead to turnovers. HB Garcia had only 15 carries for 77 yards, but 3 TDs. 

Defensively I got absolutely no pressure, not a single sack from the defense which is pretty sad considering my opponent. I got a lot more pressure last year not sure what is going on. I did have 2 INTs though, with Freshman MLB Zach Hess landing his first ever and starting CB Dotson getting another to seal the game. Fortunately I was able to pull of the win despite a pretty poor showing in this one. 

Recruiting News

UQBiDs6.png

Not a lot to report yet. 

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 1

Year 2 - Week 3

Fo1NLsX.png

Much better result this week vs another rather weak opponent. I was able to do pretty much whatever I wanted on offense. QB Ulatowski threw for 277 yards 3 TDs and no INTs. Catching those was WR McCray with 9 receptions for 175 yards and 2 TDs. Freshman TE Muamba had 5 receptions for 46 yards and 1 TD. HB Garcia was the star of the game with 26 carries for 190 yards and 3 TDs. When I'm able to run the ball scoring on offense is way easier. Unfortunately my OLine isn't strong enough yet to make that happen against stronger opponents. 

Defensively I yet again had no sacks. I don't think I have a single sack on the season yet. Freshman MLB Zach Hess did have 11 tackles a TKL and fumble recovery. He's pretty good despite a low OVR, he's just so fast. Backup linebacker Heath Kutcher had an INT in the 4th quarter for the only turnover of the game. 

Recruiting News

KNUnFjR.png

Pretty brutal week in recruiting. 4 Star CB Justice Pyke signed with Kentucky which came as quite a shock because I was #1 on his board before this week and had him scheduled for a visit in 2 weeks. WR Logan Bowanko also signed with someone else but that wasn't as surprising. 

• Like 1

Year 2 - Week 4

aj7AxvG.png

This was a frustrating game. I threw 2 INTs early which put me behind so I had to abandon the run even though it was working. QB Ulatowski threw for 281 yards, 3 TDs and 4 crippling INTs. One of those was a late heave deep that was picked off but the other 3 were brutal. Idk if it was the crowd noise on the road or what but my QB was literally throwing passes like 4 yards away from where they were supposed to be going. WR McCray battled with 9 receptions for 141 yards and a TD. Freshman TE Muamba also had a good game with 6 receptions for 94 yards and 2 TDs. HB Garcia had 82 yards on the ground but no TDs. He was averaging 5.9 ypc I just had to switch to throwing when I fell behind. 

Defensively I finally got my first sack of the season which was split between linebackers MLB Hess and OLB Esera. I think I'm not getting sacks this year because my secondary is so terrible they can't hold up in coverage long enough for me to get to the QB. My secondary is really really bad. MLB Zach Hess actually had a great game though, he had 8 tackles, 5 TFL and 0.5 sacks. He was named the Big 10 defensive player of the week. My defense was actually holding up pretty good despite the offense continuing to turn the ball over. That is until I suffered multiple injuries along the Dline which impacted me in the second half. Starting DT Shields and LE Billotte both had game ending muscle pulls. I couldn't do much once they went out. Luckily they should be back next week. 

Recruiting News

iba493U.png

Still no signings. I have several players visiting next week so maybe more movement will happen then. 

• Like 1