49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He's 26. What's your timeline? Lol

Well we aren’t going to be a contender this year and most likely next. So I’d say 26 is when I expect to be a playoff contender. 

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Not sure if I am overrating McClaurin or underrating Aiyuk, but I'm easily taking Scary Terry if having to choose between the two

Depends on how sustainable you think Aiyuk's efficiency is. The efficiency likely doesn't carry over to bigger volume, but it's difficult to say how much of it will. By most charting, Aiyuk is a certified stud. 

Now, that said....if a Mclaurin / Aiyuk swap is on the table for Washington, they should 100% take it and not think twice about it. If for no other reason than Terry is already 29 years old, has 2 years left on his deal and you should not be re-signing receivers at age 31 if we are being honest. So Aiyuk just slots into the timeline better for them as you likely have a 5 year window there

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Forge said:

If for no other reason than Terry is already 29 years old, has 2 years left on his deal and you should not be re-signing receivers at age 31 if we are being honest. So Aiyuk just slots into the timeline better for them as you likely have a 5 year window there

Disagree Forge. Age factor or not you do not trade away a voted Captain by his teammates, leader within that organization and frankly the heartbeat of your team for a disgruntled WR probably demanding $30+M in a "player swap".

Take that money, use it elsewhere (throw 1 yr $10M at Michael Thomas for a season 🙏) and then draft a young WR/two in 2025 as potential additions to Terry and hopefully his eventual replacement. Just because they missed on Dotson, doesn't mean you don't go back and try again. 

20' Reagor <-> 21' Smitty

Now if you are saying trade for Aiyuk to pair him with Scary Terry the next 2 years and let McLuarin potentially walk as a 31 year old while Brandon takes over, the reigns that I'm in agreement with. Especially having a Rookie QB contract on the books for the next 4-5+ seasons.

At no point should Terry McLuarin be on the table as collateral in a trade unless that players name is say Cee Dee Lamb or Ja'Marr Chase.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Disagree Forge. Age factor or not you do not trade away a voted Captain by his teammates, leader within that organization and frankly the heartbeat of your team for a disgruntled WR probably demanding $30+M in a "player swap".

Take that money, use it elsewhere (throw 1 yr $10M at Michael Thomas for a season 🙏) and then draft a young WR/two in 2025 as potential additions to Terry and hopefully his eventual replacement. Just because they missed on Dotson, doesn't mean you don't go back and try again. 

20' Reagor <-> 21' Smitty

Now if you are saying trade for Aiyuk to pair him with Scary Terry the next 2 years and let McLuarin potentially walk as a 31 year old while Brandon takes over, the reigns that I'm in agreement with. Especially having a Rookie QB contract on the books for the next 4-5+ seasons.

At no point should Terry McLuarin be on the table as collateral in a trade unless that players name is say Cee Dee Lamb or Ja'Marr Chase.

If they want to get meaningless stats from Terry for two years when they are not competitive, more power to them. 

Feel like Terry has that glow of a good player on a bad team so people are overrating his value and maybe thinking he's better than he is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

If they want to get meaningless stats from Terry for two years when they are not competitive, more power to them. 

As opposed to meaningless stats from Brandon Aiyuk as the only WR option for defenses to game plan for?

Remember,  BA won't be surrounded by Deebo, McCaffrey and Kittle. 

Instead it's Zaccheaus,  Robinson and Ertz. 👌

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Feel like Terry has that glow of a good player on a bad team so people are overrating his value and maybe thinking he's better than he is. 

The irony in this statement considering the surrounding talent Aiyuk has been fortunate to play with that has people thinking he's actually great.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

As opposed to meaningless stats from Brandon Aiyuk as the only WR option for defenses to game plan for?

In 3 years, Aiyuk will be entering his age 28 season. Terry is entering his age 29 season this year lol. 

Aiyuk gives them life beyond 2 years, which is the point. It's a better fit for their timeline

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Remember,  BA won't be surrounded by Deebo, McCaffrey and Kittle. 

Instead it's Zaccheaus,  Robinson and Ertz. 👌

Aiyuk is one of the best players in the league by tracking for getting open. Not really worried about that. He's already double teamed over the last two years at a higher rate than Terry. 

Aiyuk is actually just good 

• Like 3

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

The irony in this statement considering the surrounding talent Aiyuk has been fortunate to play with that has people thinking he's actual great.

I mean, outside of the tracking data that supports that Aiyuk is really good at what he does all on his own, sure 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, outside of the tracking data that supports that Aiyuk is really good at what he does all on his own, sure 

You mean it's easier to get open and make plays when other teams might be focusing on stopping McCaffrey , Deebo and or Kittle on any given drive? Color me shocked there Forge.

Other then McLuarin,  who have DC's been game planning to stop on the Commanders offense? Terry is and has been basically the WR version of Saquon Barkley as a Giant. Game plan to limit/stop Terry, stop the Commanders. 

If you do the same with Aiyuk in SF, CMC, Deebo and Kittle will kill you. There is no comparison to be made between the two IMO. Circumstances are vastly different. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You mean it's easier to get open and make plays when other teams might be focusing on stopping McCaffrey , Deebo and or Kittle on any given drive? Color me shocked there Forge.

Other then McLuarin,  who have DC's been game planning to stop on the Commanders offense? Terry is and has been basically the WR version of Saquon Barkley as a Giant. Game plan to limit/stop Terry, stop the Commanders. 

If you do the same with Aiyuk in SF, CMC, Deebo and Kittle will kill you. There is no comparison to be made between the two IMO. Circumstances are vastly different. 

And yet Aiyuk still doubled more than Mclaurin over the past two years

Wins in his one on ones....not like people just leave him open. So the guy is covered, gets open, but its CMC's doing. 

If there's no comparison to make because of the disparate situations, then we don't need to make it. Because each opinion will based on a hypothetical, there's nowhere to go. 

I simply said that Washington would be dumb not to swap Terry for Aiyuk because of the timeline fit. 

I do love the repetitive critiques of 49ers players is that they are surrounded by all that talent but individually they all suck except cmc. If everyone is good, then nobody is good. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

And yet Aiyuk still doubled more than Mclaurin over the past two years

Wins in his one on ones....not like people just leave him open. So the guy is covered, gets open, but its CMC's doing. 

If there's no comparison to make, then we don't need to make it. 

I simply said that Washington would be dumb not to swap Terry for Aiyuk because of the timeline fit. 

I do love the repetitive critiques of 49ers players is that they are surrounded by all that talent but individually they all suck except cmc. If everyone is good, then nobody is good. 

Niners called Washington about trading for BA.

Niners said we want your first Rd pick, if we get no players back. Adam Peters said we're not trading away our 1st.

Niners then said...we'll take your 2nd & Terry McLa.....click. Adam Peters hangs up.

Scary Terry is at LEAST a top 10 WR, with a legit QB.  We're gonna find out how good Terry is this season. Too bad it took this long.

He's 81 yards shy his rookie season, of having +1,000 yards every season he's been in the League. (6th year)

What can he do with a real QB?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

Niners called Washington about trading for BA.

Niners said we want your first Rd pick, if we get no players back. Adam Peters said we're not trading away our 1st.

Niners then said...we'll take your 2nd & Terry McLa.....click. Adam Peters hangs up.

Scary Terry is at LEAST a top 10 WR, with a legit QB.  We're gonna find out how good Terry is this season. Too bad it took this long.

He's 81 yards shy his rookie season, of having +1,000 yards every season he's been in the League. (6th year)

What can he do with a real QB?

Putting him with a real qb and assuming he's just a top 10 WR is just that - an assumption. But I'm glad you're happy with Terry. I do think he's good, but I think because he's good and in a bad situation, people assume that its substantially better in a neutral situation. We all do that. Even though I definitely don't think Aiyuk's efficiency carries over to the extent he held it last year, I am assuming that his performance is substantially better with more volume, so I'm guilty of the assumptions as well. 

I hope Washington enjoys the next couple of years while they are finding their feet. He's going to really help out Daniels and I do think having that player for a developing QB is important, even if I'm not overly bullish on Daniels. 

But both sides have hypotheticals. 

What could Aiyuk do with more volume and routes? 

We always treat hypotheticals as to our bias' benefit. Human nature. That's why I said to Nabbs that its kind of pointless to compare if the basis for comparison is going to be hypotheticals on what they could do in completely different situations. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Putting him with a real qb and assuming he's just a top 10 WR is just that - an assumption. But I'm glad you're happy with Terry. I do think he's good, but I think because he's good and in a bad situation, people assume that its substantially better in a neutral situation. We all do that. Even though I definitely don't think Aiyuk's efficiency carries over to the extent he held it last year, I am assuming that his performance is substantially better with more volume, so I'm guilty of the assumptions as well. 

I hope Washington enjoys the next couple of years while they are finding their feet. He's going to really help out Daniels and I do think having that player for a developing QB is important, even if I'm not overly bullish on Daniels. 

But both sides have hypotheticals. 

What could Aiyuk do with more volume and routes? 

We always treat hypotheticals as to our bias' benefit. Human nature. That's why I said to Nabbs that its kind of pointless to compare if the basis for comparison is going to be hypotheticals on what they could do in completely different situations. 

Btw, I think BA is a stud.

I would love to see what he & Terry McLaurin could do as a combo.

I'm actually in the minority on our team forum, that wants to trade for him. I don't mind giving him 30M, or whatever he wants. The more deadly weapons for Jayden, the better for Jayden.

I don't want to trade our 1st & give him that salary, though. No problem with a 2nd + however.

But with Jayden on a rookie salary? I believe now is the time to load the roster with talent. 

But, it's gonna be tough for us to get BA. We just don't have enough elite talent, to compensate the 49ers, for a trade in return. 

We're gonna have to hope for cut down day, since we're #2 on the waiver wire, or another trade.

This is gonna be a fun season! I can't wait.

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

Btw, I think BA is a stud.

I would love to see what he & Terry McLaurin could do as a combo.

I'm actually in the minority on our team forum, that wants to trade for him. I don't mind giving him 30M, or whatever he wants. The more deadly weapons for Jayden, the better for Jayden.

I don't want to trade our 1st & give him that salary, though. No problem with a 2nd + however.

But with Jayden on a rookie salary? I believe now is the time to load the roster with talent. 

But, it's gonna be tough for us to get BA. We just don't have enough elite talent, to compensate the 49ers, for a trade in return. 

We're gonna have to hope for cut down day, since we're #2 on the waiver wire, or another trade.

This is gonna be a fun season! I can't wait.

Yeah, Washington shouldn't be giving up a first for Aiyuk. Even I think that as a bullish Aiyuk supporter (though I think he's going to have a miserable year if he follows the path of previous niners studs who hold out lol....they all suck the first year they come back lol). 

Washington's second would work for both sides. I thought something around that and Dotson (before being traded, obviously) made all the sense in the world for the niners an Washington. Kind of surprised that didn't come together.