49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

43 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You, saying something that is factually incorrect according to stats?

No. Actually, that isn't shocking.

Well I provide context in my initial argument. I didn’t care about this stats or advance metrics. Which goes into that. I also, admitted that he’s never impressed in his 9 games against the Rams… Shanny deserves the credit imo for play designs, and drawing him open. Still credit for Ayuck on execution no doubt. But I feel like they could plug in another guy! Whether it be thru the draft as they just did or trade. But they realize they need him this year as their window is closing, with aging players and Purdys massive extension pending… 

10 hours ago, El Ramster said:

What does he do better than any of those guys posted above?

10 hours ago, El Ramster said:

As I stated idc how good his advance metrics look.

So what evidence do you want then, if facts aren’t really your speed? Personal anecdotes or fancy highlight gifs?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Well I provide context in my initial argument. I didn’t care about this stats or advance metrics. Which goes into that. I also, admitted that he’s never impressed in his 9 games against the Rams… Shanny deserves the credit imo for play designs, and drawing him open. Still credit for Ayuck on execution no doubt. But I feel like they could plug in another guy! Whether it be thru the draft as they just did or trade. But they realize they need him this year as their window is closing, with aging players and Purdys massive extension pending… 

I don't want another Dante Pettis. Hell naw.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What is he looking for contract wise and whats a fair offer for Ayuik? 

Amon-Ra St Brown deal. 

The niners have offered 27 per Dianna russini 

Floor should be 29 imo

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

Amon-Ra St Brown deal. 

The niners have offered 27 per Dianna russini 

Floor should be 29 imo

2M doesnt seem like an insurmountable difference. 

What would it take to trade for him if he is commanding 30M a year?

24 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

2M doesnt seem like an insurmountable difference. 

You'd think so. Honestly, if the AAV is what they are fighting about, they are both doing this wrong, tbh. There are ways you can massage that to get what both sides what. But if you're going to be dead set on 27 aav if you're the niners, fine....just give him him more guaranteed. But otherwise, giving him an extra 6-8 million of non guaranteed money (depending on length of extension) to get an aav from 27 to 29 is just not a big deal. 

He's their only real deep passing threat and Brock Purdy was the best QB in the league last year in terms of deep passing completion percentage and a whole bunch of other figures. Receivers can't do it without the QB, Qbs can't do it without the receivers. And the only receiver that Purdy has who really does this is Aiyuk. 

28 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What would it take to trade for him if he is commanding 30M a year?

Right now, a lot. Next year it would be cheaper if the niners tag him with the intention of trading him. I'd assume a second probably gets that done as tag and trades typically come at a discounted value. But they aren't going to move him for a second right now. 

I'm not even sure just a first would get it done (depending on the team). They are trying to win a super bowl, so you're going to have to make them say yes to that deal. I just don't know how enticing a first round pick is when it's highly likely to end your super bowl run before it starts. I don't think the niners can win it without him.

Maybe there is a more interesting trade that includes a player (Washington, if interested, has McLaurin and Dotson for example). I have more interest in Dotson, but I'm not sure he's an X receiver that would replace Aiyuk. 2 years ago he looked legit though. I don't think he's as good as Aiyuk, or will be as good as Aiyuk, and his target rate is a massive red flag for first round picks running that many routes (The best player to be targeted as little as Dotson is while running that many routes is Nelson Agholor), but I think last year was a really rough year and I expect better things. Dotson being on a rookie deal for 2 more years would have to be super enticing as well. 

But mostly, I just don't expect Aiyuk to be moved. He's not going to sit out the season or anything. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

You'd think so. Honestly, if the AAV is what they are fighting about, they are both doing this wrong, tbh. There are ways you can massage that to get what both sides what. But if you're going to be dead set on 27 aav if you're the niners, fine....just give him him more guaranteed. But otherwise, giving him an extra 6-8 million of non guaranteed money (depending on length of extension) to get an aav from 27 to 29 is just not a big deal. 

He's their only real deep passing threat and Brock Purdy was the best QB in the league last year in terms of deep passing completion percentage and a whole bunch of other figures. Receivers can't do it without the QB, Qbs can't do it without the receivers. And the only receiver that Purdy has who really does this is Aiyuk. 

Right now, a lot. Next year it would be cheaper if the niners tag him with the intention of trading him. I'd assume a second probably gets that done as tag and trades typically come at a discounted value. But they aren't going to move him for a second right now. 

I'm not even sure just a first would get it done (depending on the team). They are trying to win a super bowl, so you're going to have to make them say yes to that deal. I just don't know how enticing a first round pick is when it's highly likely to end your super bowl run before it starts. I don't think the niners can win it without him.

Maybe there is a more interesting trade that includes a player (Washington, if interested, has McLaurin and Dotson for example). I have more interest in Dotson, but I'm not sure he's an X receiver that would replace Aiyuk. 2 years ago he looked legit though. I don't think he's as good as Aiyuk, or will be as good as Aiyuk, and his target rate is a massive red flag for first round picks running that many routes (The best player to be targeted as little as Dotson is while running that many routes is Nelson Agholor), but I think last year was a really rough year and I expect better things. Dotson being on a rookie deal for 2 more years would have to be super enticing as well. 

But mostly, I just don't expect Aiyuk to be moved. He's not going to sit out the season or anything. 

Agree 100% that the timing of a trade makes no sense. The window to win is now and a 2025 1st or a 2nd+ doesnt help now. The fact they used their 1st on Pearsall was definitely an interesting decision in terms of this whole thing. I’ll be curious to see what the end result is because if he signs a LT deal that could really hurt them keeping others and definitely diminishes the Pearsall pick but trading him really would hurt their window now while Purdy is cheap and Williams is not retired 

17 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd assume a second probably gets that done as tag and trades typically come at a discounted value. But they aren't going to move him for a second right now. 

You nailed it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Soko said:

You nailed it. 

A 2nd then is worth more than a 2nd now too. If they didnt take it then id be shocked if they took less unless they are just over it all which makes no sense given their chances to win

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

A 2nd then is worth more than a 2nd now too. If they didnt take it then id be shocked if they took less unless they are just over it all which makes no sense given their chances to win

It’s just not the value that these WRs have been going for, between Diggs, AJB, Tyreek, and Adams. 34 overall really could have been huge for SF too. Could’ve double dipped at WR (McConkey, Polk, Mitchell), taken one of the top DBs available (DeJean), or a great talent on DL (Newton). Have to think they see this as a great shot at a title, all things considered. At least with this core.

49ers have all of the leverage here.  They either get a first round pick from someone, or they hold onto him and do a deep playoff run this year with Aiyuk contributing, and they get a comp pick in the 3rd round when he leaves.  

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

49ers have all of the leverage here.  They either get a first round pick from someone, or they hold onto him and do a deep playoff run this year with Aiyuk contributing, and they get a comp pick in the 3rd round when he leaves.  

I think they'd just tag and trade him and I'd imagine that gets them a second, tbh. I don't think he just goes to market