WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd hope that Tim is wrong, but I can see why he thinks that

I'm sure it will be well worth it for their egos to get these negotiation "wins" as this team misses out on an opportunity to compete for a SB. Hilarious. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm sure it will be well worth it for their egos to get these negotiation "wins" as this team misses out on an opportunity to compete for a SB. Hilarious. 

Exactly this and it is so very frustrating. They're acting as though we already won and they need to cash in INSTEAD of winning. 

• Like 1

Sorry guys, but this smacks of selfishness and the longer it goes, the more I will blame these two if our season self-destructs.  Yes, I know the 9ers are playing hardball, but it was our players who could not finish in the Super Bowl last year. Just one less mistake by any one of them and we win. So frustrating. 

On 8/27/2024 at 5:22 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

Exactly this and it is so very frustrating. They're acting as though we already won and they need to cash in INSTEAD of winning. 

Brother, you gotta re-read what was written by Timmy and J. They are criticizing the team, not the players. The team is ego-tripping trying to save face and not get run over by the player. Which is funny because they were already run over by CMC this offseason.

4 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Sorry guys, but this smacks of selfishness and the longer it goes, the more I will blame these two if our season self-destructs.  Yes, I know the 9ers are playing hardball, but it was our players who could not finish in the Super Bowl last year. Just one less mistake by any one of them and we win. So frustrating. 

It's a contract negotiation. Of course there is selfishness by the players and the team. As far as the Super Bowl goes, it wasn't just the players that lost that game. The gameplan (coaching) and roster construction didn't hold up against a really good defense. You are coping when you say "one less mistake by any one of them and we win". One less mistake and nothing can change, or everything can change. We don't know.

If the 49ers season self-destructs with the absence of Aiyuk and Trent, that's kinda making the case they were right about their value to the team and should be compensated accordingly. I'd also remind you that Aiyuk has already reported to the team. He's been working out on side fields and at Santa Clara U while the 49ers work out their options moving forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, typecast said:

I'd also remind you that Aiyuk has already reported to the team. He's been working out on side fields and at Santa Clara U while the 49ers work out their options moving forward.

This is interesting to me because he is faking a back injury. If he is working out "on the side" and offsite, the niners may have a grievance, but that will only make things more messy and is probably not worth pursuing. 

18 minutes ago, N4L said:

This is interesting to me because he is faking a back injury. If he is working out "on the side" and offsite, the niners may have a grievance, but that will only make things more messy and is probably not worth pursuing. 

He reported soreness to the back/neck to the team. The team accepted it. If the 49ers had an issue with it, they would have already had the team doctors examine him and then took up a grievance. Instead, they've rolled with it.

7 minutes ago, typecast said:

He reported soreness to the back/neck to the team. The team accepted it. If the 49ers had an issue with it, they would have already had the team doctors examine him and then took up a grievance. Instead, they've rolled with it.

They dont have much choice. I would have had the team doctor look at it regardless. Wouldn't have acted on it, but when a star player of mine tells me he is injured, doing anything but having the team doctor look at it would be negligent imo. Gotta treat it like a real injury, cant tell a guy he is faking it, even though literally everyone knows its true. 

• Like 1

I can understand why they would be upset considering Aiyuk has said no to literally everything theyve put in front of him and is faking an injury. 

Should have taken the two 2nds from washington when it was on the table. 

Ben Sinnot and a 2nd. Make it happen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

I can understand why they would be upset considering Aiyuk has said no to literally everything theyve put in front of him and is faking an injury. 

Should have taken the two 2nds from washington when it was on the table. 

Ben Sinnot and a 2nd. Make it happen. 

Was that ever on the table? That was the package I was peddling during the draft. Their 2 2s in the draft this year.