49ers Training camp 2024

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Really wish we were giving Kingston more meaningful time out there. Get that he's a rookie. Ditto Drake Nugent.

To be fair, Kingston led the OL in snaps in preseason and got in early against the Raiders. He's going to make the team. 

Nugent is the bigger question mark. 

26 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Really wish we were giving Kingston more meaningful time out there. Get that he's a rookie. Ditto Drake Nugent.

Agreed. I’d rather we kept Kingston over Nick Z. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

To be fair, Kingston led the OL in snaps in preseason and got in early against the Raiders. He's going to make the team. 

Nugent is the bigger question mark. 

Nugent isn't making the roster, I'm pretty sure. Lock for the PS though. 

I'm like 50/50 on Kingston. If they keep 9, yes. If they keep 8, I think no. In order to keep 9, they have to shed someone somewhere. 4 running backs instead of 5. 5 receivers instead of 6. 5 linebackers instead of 6. It's got to come from somewhere. 

Kind of surprised that he would go with the Seahawks though. I still think I'd go with the Rams if I was taking someone over the niners. Assuming health, that should be a top 5 offense in LA 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Kind of surprised that he would go with the Seahawks though. I still think I'd go with the Rams if I was taking someone over the niners. Assuming health, that should be a top 5 offense in LA 

Don’t worry he’s just imagining things.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

And Macdonald was a superb defensive coordinator last year, but we have no data on him as a head coach yet. We do know that Sean McVay is really good at his job and will get the most out of his roster. I think folks are underestimating how nasty our defense is going to be against the pass this year,  but the turbulence on offense is a real thing even if we get Trent and Brandon back by week one.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seahawks underperformed last season but they can be really good, especially if MacDonald is the real deal. That defense is going to be good for the first time in a while. Murphy is a force and their secondary should be top notch. 

The Rams have more question marks than folks are lead to believe. That CB situation could end up being HORRIBLE for them. They are relying on some older players and one has been very injury prone as of late. Not that the secondary was great in 2023, but it can be bad again and while they drafted two DL with their first two picks, they lost Donald. 

The offense should be very good though. 

The Cardinals offense can cause some big problems for our defense. The division is good and will be tougher to win than in the past few years.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Nugent isn't making the roster, I'm pretty sure. Lock for the PS though. 

I'm like 50/50 on Kingston. If they keep 9, yes. If they keep 8, I think no. In order to keep 9, they have to shed someone somewhere. 4 running backs instead of 5. 5 receivers instead of 6. 5 linebackers instead of 6. It's got to come from somewhere. 

I don't know man, I think Kingston is going to make the team. He will definitely make the team after Feliciano and/or Burford are put on PUP/IR. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't know man, I think Kingston is going to make the team. He will definitely make the team after Feliciano and/or Burford are put on PUP/IR. 

I thought he was very promising in the preseason, so I could definitely see it. If they are keeping 9, I'm really curious where they are cutting from though. The most likely place would be linebacker, I think...and that most likely cut is going to be Graham. 

I'm starting to get the feeling that we are going to have someone on IR that we aren't expecting so that the team can delay making that type of decision. 

I was going to say, on the call yesterday with Kyle, he mentioned that they both noticed the improvement/play of the rookies, especially Kingston and Nugent. I have a feeling we may see some vets get cut or brought to the PS over the rookies.