49ers Training camp 2024

3 hours ago, Forge said:

3/3 in rookie skill players dealing with hamstring injuries is some good work

Part of it has to do with the type of training they did to get prepared for the combine.

Sucks but looks like Pearsall will be back sometime next week.

Puni has a chance to shine with Burford out for a month or so and with Feliciano dealing with an injury of himself. 

I really hope Hufanga is not rushing it back. 

Pads are coming on Monday and that's when the real show starts. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

This is the last year I feel comfortable that it's a legit super bowl quality team. For the first time in several years, beyond this year I feel like I have to see what they do on a year in and year out basis. Who they bring in, who leaves, etc. 

Probably the first time I've felt like that since 2019? 

It'll help if Dee Winters, Malik Mustapha, and Ji'Aiyir Brown continue to look like major rookie contract gets and Puni is a reasonable enough starter. Darrell Luter and Renardo Green as corner reinforcements. Pearsall will get opportunities if he's healthy + good enough to show that he can stand in for Deebo or Aiyuk.

A Trent extension just to give the team more time to find an answer would make me feel better.

TL:DR - there's some intriguing young guys we should know more about by the end of the season that will definitely shape my feelings on title contention. If some of these guys aren't good, we'll feel it (esp with Winters and Puni and the safeties) and we'll have some noticable issues right away imo, much less the sort of issues we'll have with starters next year. If a good chunk of those guys are promising to good, there's a lot less that we'll need to replace immediately and we can focus on hitting the gnarliest spots hard (Kittle, Trent, Hargrave replacements)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Forge said:

This is the last year I feel comfortable that it's a legit super bowl quality team. For the first time in several years, beyond this year I feel like I have to see what they do on a year in and year out basis. Who they bring in, who leaves, etc. 

Probably the first time I've felt like that since 2019? 

interesting. I've never really considered us SB contenders until the last two years............because our QB always sucked.   I never thought they could win a SB with Jimmy after 2019.  I thought they were good in 2019 but I thought they overachieved.  

I feel like there will be down years, but they have the two most important parts covered now: HC and QB, which are the hardest spots to fill (you can add in EDGE as well with Bosa).  ebbs and flows of a good franchise.  

I also feel like they've never had a good secondary until now; I've complained about it for years.  It's a good feeling knowing they have that area somewhat "covered" for now...knock on wood. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

It'll help if Dee Winters, Malik Mustapha, and Ji'Aiyir Brown continue to look like major rookie contract gets and Puni is a reasonable enough starter. Darrell Luter and Renardo Green as corner reinforcements. Pearsall will get opportunities if he's healthy + good enough to show that he can stand in for Deebo or Aiyuk.

A Trent extension just to give the team more time to find an answer would make me feel better.

TL:DR - there's some intriguing young guys we should know more about by the end of the season that will definitely shape my feelings on title contention. If some of these guys aren't good, we'll feel it (esp with Winters and Puni and the safeties) and we'll have some noticable issues right away imo, much less the sort of issues we'll have with starters next year. If a good chunk of those guys are promising to good, there's a lot less that we'll need to replace immediately and we can focus on hitting the gnarliest spots hard (Kittle, Trent, Hargrave replacements)

I really like that the TL;dr is just as long

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Are you guys ready for the Training Camp INT count?  lol.  type to go crazy over practice stats.  

Just mute Grant Cohn and you won't get the stupid takes on it lol 

• Like 4

Guerendo out a few weeks lol 

I can't believe the guy with a long history of hamstring injuries immediately got hurt with a hamstring injury. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Guerendo out a few weeks lol 

I can't believe the guy with a long history of hamstring injuries immediately got hurt with a hamstring injury. 

Just put him on IR and let him resurrect himself as a FB in 2025. 

I haven't been paying attention, has Jaylon Moore been getting all of the LT reps? He wasn't good as a RT, but he has been serviceable on the left side. Probably good for him to soak this up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

My gut says we never see Guerendo make the 49ers' 53-man roster.

I'm not going to go that far yet. Its going to be a really interesting decision for the niners though if he's out 3-4 weeks because that puts him back close to September. That's problematic. He can't go on PUP because he practiced, so they have to decide whether they IR him before the season (which would end his season) or carry him through the cuts and then IR with a chance to return. A lot may depend on how good Taylor and Schrader look. My gut says that they can afford to just IR him and kill his season and then he'll get another chance next year. 

Cowing only expected to miss a week, but wouldn't surprise me if he's also IR'd for the year, tbh. It's an interesting spot for the niners at the position because after Aiyuk, I don't know who's playing that X role. They have Danny Gray playing the X right now, but I still don't expect him to make the roster....and if that's the case, I don't know who is playing X behind Aiyuk in season. I don't think it's going to be Cowing. I suppose it could be Jennings, but he's always mostly been a slot player (60%), but I'm really at a loss there.