49ers Training camp 2024

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

This seems to be going well

It’s amazing how this team just still manages to absolutely whiff on early draft picks. Like not even roster filler 

37 minutes ago, John232 said:

It’s amazing how this team just still manages to absolutely whiff on early draft picks. Like not even roster filler 

Their draft history is weird.  I'm not sure what they have done so far under this regime is truly sustainable. 

The late round hits and the level those hits have reached? Its such an outlier. Getting the best linebacker in the NFL in round 3, the second best tight end in round 5, a top 7(?) linebacker in round 5, and your QBotF in round 7 is just not replicable on a consistent basis.

But then they still manage to get things like an all pro season from Hufanga...and turn Lenoir into a pretty good corner. A UDFA in Moseley who ended up being a multi year started. I mean, a successful third round pick is like Akhello Witherspoon, so getting better players later is just kind of crazy. And its very difficult to see it sustain but they keep managing it 

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but again, Ricky really seems to be hammering an Aiyuk trade even though he hasn't come out and said it. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I may be wrong, but again, Ricky really seems to be hammering an Aiyuk trade even though he hasn't come out and said it. 

Aiyuk wasn't on the practice field today like he usually is For what it's worth. Some stuff floating around twitter Amari Cooper swap. Which seems like a meh option. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

I'm surprised the 49ers haven't been able to get Trent Williams deal done by now. I really thought he be signed by today. 

At what point is it a massive concern for week 1? Trent the ultimate professional but my concern he comes back hasn't put the reps in and gets hurt during the season. 

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Aiyuk wasn't on the practice field today like he usually is For what it's worth. Some stuff floating around twitter Amari Cooper swap. Which seems like a meh option. 

I could have believed it before Cooper got his stuff sorted. I'm not sure what the odds are on that now, but I haven't looked into the details of how Cooper's stuff was sorted. 

Antonio Brown on CTESPN says he's a Steeler lol. So I've seen that floating around. 

But these definitely make it seem like a trade is on the table: 

The monkey's paw is a "be careful what you wish for" type thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm surprised the 49ers haven't been able to get Trent Williams deal done by now. I really thought he be signed by today. 

At what point is it a massive concern for week 1? Trent the ultimate professional but my concern he comes back hasn't put the reps in and gets hurt during the season. 

Given that every time there has been a contract extend into TC that player has gone on to had a bad season (relative to career norms), I'm definitely concerned lol 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

I could have believed it before Cooper got his stuff sorted. I'm not sure what the odds are on that now, but I haven't looked into the details of how Cooper's stuff was sorted. 

Antonio Brown on CTESPN says he's a Steeler lol. So I've seen that floating around. 

But these definitely make it seem like a trade is on the table: 

The monkey's paw is a "be careful what you wish for" type thing. 

“CTESPN” LOL!!!! I damn near spit out my dinner!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ninerholic said:

And now Ricky has apparently retired 

The fact that he did that kind of made me think the trade was less likely lol. Like now he may not care and is just like f it

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

The fact that he did that kind of made me think the trade was less likely lol. Like now he may not care and is just like f it

He's deleted all his Aiyuk tweets lol

• Like 2