Training Camp 2024

13 hours ago, jch1911 said:

Pitre is box safety - short yardage downs / run downs 

currently king plays as nickel on passing downs 

Justin Simmons is better than any DB in our secondary- not named Stingley

Honestly think we might have struck gold with Bullock as a ball hawking FS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Apparently Tytus went down again today. Walked off the field with help to the med tent, then got carted back to the locker room...the selection of Fisher looks really smart now. 

Tytus is a post 6/1 designated release next off-season, that's a $16mm cap savings. I'd say cut him now but that's a bad cap situation even with a post 6/1 cut.

Everything I’ve read has said that our defense is way ahead of our offense. Makes sense, Slowick was not impressive last year from an Xs and Os standpoint. We thrived when we went off script, so running the script in camp might be an issue but the talent hopefully will take over in game. 

if our defense can be top 10, it would be huge for us. 

10 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Everything I’ve read has said that our defense is way ahead of our offense. Makes sense, Slowick was not impressive last year from an Xs and Os standpoint. We thrived when we went off script, so running the script in camp might be an issue but the talent hopefully will take over in game. 

if our defense can be top 10, it would be huge for us. 

Granted it's training camp, you have to factor in

-the OL is still a work in progress

-injuries to Tunsil and Mixon 

It's not shocking the offense has struggled in camp. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Granted it's training camp, you have to factor in

-the OL is still a work in progress

-injuries to Tunsil and Mixon 

It's not shocking the offense has struggled in camp. 

Offenses/timing always takes time

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

Tytus is a post 6/1 designated release next off-season, that's a $16mm cap savings. I'd say cut him now but that's a bad cap situation even with a post 6/1 cut.

That's gotta be the plan, especially taking Fish so high.

11 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Tunsil, and Mixon back for practice this evening! Apparently CJ is ripping the D

Harris was back, then left with trainers walking gingerly….hammy must have flared up.

That.just.sounds.awful.

Please rephrase... LOL

On 7/22/2024 at 10:04 AM, ET80 said:

There's simply no room for Akers. Maybe he gets some good film and plays a lot PS snaps instead of Mixon - but he's not on this team unless there's a season ending injury to one of the top four guys.

I'm... Yeah, I'm actually thinking Dameon Pierce might be in danger unless he can play a ton of ST. After two games, Akers is the more promising RB, Pierce looks rough out there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm... Yeah, I'm actually thinking Dameon Pierce might be in danger unless he can play a ton of ST. After two games, Akers is the more promising RB, Pierce looks rough out there. 

I think they were trying to decide between Pierce & Akers.  Pierce brings ST play & Akers can be a 3rd down back. Ogunalphabet can do both & kick ;) 

I also think showcasing Pierce for a potential trade. 

I love the guy for his rookie season (bright spot of that year) but they're looking for a cheetah and he is a rhino / does not fit the offense.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

John Michael Schmitz for Jarrett Patterson, straight up trade. Who says no?

Has Schmitz been bad? I actually liked him coming out last season. This being said, I'm not a big fan on Juice Scruggs as the starting C for long... Patterson might steal that starting job.

Just now, ET80 said:

Has Schmitz been bad? I actually liked him coming out last season. This being said, I'm not a big fan on Juice Scruggs as the starting C for long... Patterson might steal that starting job.

He's either been injured or bad. It's hard in general to give up on a highly touted, highly drafted prospect after just one year, especially given the circumstances of the 2023 Giants, but early returns are just bad. I know there is a battle for starting C on the Texans and I think both of the guys you have are better than JMS. I loved him coming out, and there's still definitely hope he can turn it around, but it's hard to be patient for a C who spent 5 years playing that position in college and doesn't play well right away.